Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Probe at UF? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: July 19, 2010, 03:26:50 PM

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

Sources: Florida, NCAA probe allegation

By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
Archive

Florida and NCAA officials are investigating a potential rules violation that allegedly occurred last December involving former Gators football standout Maurkice Pouncey, sources said.

Florida is internally investigating what sources described as an allegation that a representative of an agent paid Pouncey $100,000 between the Gators' loss to Alabama in the Southeastern Conference championship game to Alabama and their season-ending Sugar Bowl victory over Cincinnati. Florida apprised the NCAA of the allegation after it became aware of it.

"We were made aware of some information in early June that we reported to law enforcement and we then shared with the NCAA and the SEC," athletic director Jeremy Foley said in a statement released Monday morning to ESPN.com. "At this time we have no information that has indicated that there are any compliance issues for the University of Florida."

Florida law enforcement could be investigating whether the state's agent registration laws were violated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5392159

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 19, 2010, 03:46:05 PM

pretty dumb that the player couldnt (allegedly) wait 2 more weeks to take the money.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#2 : July 19, 2010, 04:39:16 PM

pretty dumb that the player couldnt (allegedly) wait 2 more weeks to take the money.

The problem is there is never any consequences for the player in a situation like that. Once he declares for the draft, the NCAA can't do anything to him. Even if they vacate his Sugar bowl win, so what? He is still a first round draft pick and a millionaire.

It is the schools and the future players that always suffer, and the Pounceys and Reggie Bushes don't care.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 19, 2010, 04:52:55 PM

Big cash, I know one Oregon player had his lunch paid for by an agent but he admitted it and just got suspended 1 game. But with that cash and him being in the NFL, nothing will happen to him

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#4 : July 19, 2010, 05:46:02 PM

And the agent should be disbarred, or whatever they hell they do to them ...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 19, 2010, 05:57:52 PM

And the agent should be disbarred, or whatever they hell they do to them ...

Yeah, but they can always come back as a "marketing agent" or whatever, which basically has no rules

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : July 19, 2010, 10:41:44 PM

I'd like to see if Florida even gets half the bull**CENSORED** penalty USC got.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 19, 2010, 10:50:44 PM

I'd like to see if Florida even gets half the bullcrap penalty USC got.

Probably depends on if they did half as much as USC did. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 19, 2010, 11:47:56 PM

the bullcrap was what happened at USC. Maybe they should have learned from USC basketball and admitted they screwed up instead of acting like they were above the law. Now Paul Hackett I mean Lane Kiffin will really screw that place up. Another day another player leaving. Ill be shocked if they get more then 30K to a game this year

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#9 : July 20, 2010, 12:49:08 AM

USC's program and boosters did nothing wrong.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 20, 2010, 12:59:32 AM

USC basketball says HI.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 20, 2010, 12:13:16 PM

QFT.  What a selfish dingleberry to not wait 2-3 weeks.

How does this even come close to what went on at USC?

ABN

Starter
#12 : July 20, 2010, 02:44:31 PM

If it is true the agent should be charged in Florida with a felony and then it would be easy to get a warrant of all the subject bank accounts. If they do not do that just drop teh allegations in the press.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#13 : July 20, 2010, 02:44:43 PM

USC basketball says HI.

What does USC basketball have to do with USC football. Whether or not you like USC, its **CENSORED**ing bull**CENSORED** that the juniors and seniors who were not even at USC during Bush's tenure are hit the heaviest by his actions.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 20, 2010, 04:31:43 PM

USC basketball says HI.

What does USC basketball have to do with USC football. Whether or not you like USC, its freaking bullcrap that the juniors and seniors who were not even at USC during Bush's tenure are hit the heaviest by his actions.

You said USC program and boosters did nothing wrong.

And the bullcrap stuff is the coaches telling the recruits that nothing will happen, that its ok to sign at USC.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Probe at UF? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools