Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Probe at UF? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 20, 2010, 04:32:22 PM

If it is true the agent should be charged in Florida with a felony and then it would be easy to get a warrant of all the subject bank accounts. If they do not do that just drop teh allegations in the press.

this stuff happens all the time... but usually at a smaller level. No agent will be charged

#16 : July 20, 2010, 06:11:31 PM

I'd like to see if Florida even gets half the bullcrap penalty USC got.

Doubt it since UF immediately notified the NCAA and SEC of the issue whereas USC denied it happened, then back tracked and said it did happen but they did nothing wrong.

Also, in UF's case, the payment occurred after classes were out and the season over except for the bowl game whereas in Bush's case his parents got the money waaay before his college football career was over.

matt

Starter

#17 : July 21, 2010, 07:32:57 AM

I'd like to see if Florida even gets half the bullcrap penalty USC got.

Probably depends on if they did half as much as USC did.

USC's program and boosters did nothing wrong.

Are you serious? At the very best, USC chose to turn the other cheek. It seems more likely that they may have been complicit with the actions of Bush/Mayo/etc. When you have concurrent issues in two major sports, the question of institutional control will always come up. Do you really think it's a coincedence that Carroll took off this offseason? He knew what was going down and got out while he still could on his own accord.

As for UF, I'd expect the NCAA will investigate and find that at least one major violation occurred. Pretty much any violation is considered "major" by the NCAA, and if they come in, there is always the possibility that they find something trivial and make a big deal out of it. One troubling aspect that you can be sure the NCAA will investigate is the lapse in time of the occurred wrongdoing and UF's report of the wrongdoing. UF would be wise to cooperate with the NCAA rather than use the USC stonewall method.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 21, 2010, 04:55:16 PM

Don't forget the shady types involved with Bush and Mayo were regularly in the USC locker room and at practice living it up. It's not like they were meeting in dark alleys. Here's of course a picture of former USC assistant coach Todd McNair and the two guys bankrolling Bush at a club. Just one big happy family. How could anyone have known?

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/picture-evidence-todd-mcnair-lloyd-lake-michael-michaels-ncaa/23195

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 22, 2010, 03:18:54 PM

Wait a second... I thought stuff like this didn't happen at UF...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 22, 2010, 05:29:51 PM

Wait a second... I thought stuff like this didn't happen at UF...

Why would you think that?  This could potentially happen anywhere, and has/is happening all over the country.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#21 : July 22, 2010, 09:35:58 PM

Sileo had a good rant on WDAE about how "interesting" it is that UF, Bama, South Carolina, UGA and UNC are about to unergo inquiries about $ payments to players and/or attendance at an agent's party at the Founatinbleau in South Beach.  He thinks that perhaps someone like a Lane Kiffen could have thrown these teams out to the NCAA sharks????  Its possible as Phill Fulmer refused to attend SEC media days in Birmingham as he was subpoenead by the Circuit Court in Birmingham over his knowledge in the imfamous "Memphis Auction" that got Arkansas, Bama, Miss. State and Kentucky on NCAA probation with Bama getting a harsher penalty then So Cal just got.   Many think that Fulmer had knowledge of the auction as his boosters were simply outbid.  Makes sense if Kiffen or his recruiters turned these SEC teams (and UNC) in as they recruited the same kids and watched each other. If UF, Bama, UGA, UNC and the Game**CENSORED**s had a guy or 2 at the South Beach party and /or taken cash I am sure Lane and his cronies knew as well and if the Vols were worth a darn would have had contact with the same agents.....  NCAA is on a witch hunt for sure and the SEC is the new target as So Cal is now bagged!   

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 23, 2010, 10:13:58 AM

..... NCAA is on a witch hunt for sure and the SEC is the new target

We can only hope ....   8)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 23, 2010, 05:36:41 PM

sorry If Im a broke college kid and an agent offers me 100K Im taking it. So I cant really blame some of these kids, I blame the NCAA for giving agents so much access

#24 : July 24, 2010, 12:46:51 PM

I have to agree with Saban. The only practical way to stop this is for the NFL/NFLPA to blackball any agent that causes a kid to lose one game of eligibility.

As long as the agents have millions in commissions to gain and zero to lose, they will continue to try to beat the system. There is no way a college can watch a kid 24/7/365 and those agents will find a way to "entice" these kids.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 24, 2010, 09:09:38 PM

I have to agree with Saban. The only practical way to stop this is for the NFL/NFLPA to blackball any agent that causes a kid to lose one game of eligibility.

As long as the agents have millions in commissions to gain and zero to lose, they will continue to try to beat the system. There is no way a college can watch a kid 24/7/365 and those agents will find a way to "entice" these kids.

Saban calling them pimps was comical because Im sure some of Sabans recruiting tactics are probably in line with the agents tactics.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 27, 2010, 08:38:46 AM

The problem is almost all of the characters involved in this stuff aren't legit agents. Drew Rosenhaus, Bus Cook, and Pat Dye have too much to lose to play these games. This kind of stuff is done by wannabe agents and "marketing" people who aren't under the NFLPA.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#27 : July 30, 2010, 07:54:26 AM

From what I understand this was pretty much all Pouncey...Florida self reported the violation which holds some merit with the NCAA. At most I think they forfit the bowl game maybe lose a scholarship or two

Runole

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 25, 2010, 05:50:55 PM

Tank Black remains the largest single agent scandal any school has ever had, and how UF skated will always be the biggest mystery in CFB history.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 25, 2010, 05:50:55 PM

Tank Black remains the largest single agent scandal any school has ever had, and how UF skated will always be the biggest mystery in CFB history.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Probe at UF? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools