Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it o.k. if I root for the bucs to lose? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

: October 22, 2006, 05:15:45 AM

I love the bucs just as much as anyone else here, but I just wanted to ask the question.....If in the next few weeks our season is clealy over, do you still want the bucs to win games? I always want Tampa to win, but in the back of my mind I know losing will give us a better draft picks in the future, and will help our future chances of success. Would it be a bad thing to sacrifice a victory this year if it would ensure us better players next year? I always want Tampa to win, but I cant help think these thoughts when we are in last place. Does anyone else deal with this turmoil?

#1 : October 22, 2006, 06:23:44 AM

If you are a TRUE fan you ALWAYS want the Bucs to WIN!!  Every year that we have a bad record, I read posts about wanting to lose to get a better draft pick.  IMO that is assenine.  The draft is ALWAYS a crapshoot anyway.  If you are LOYAL, you NEVER root against your team.

Gullfer1

Second String
#2 : October 22, 2006, 06:48:05 AM

If you were a TRUE fan, you would not post such a question.  Now try your delete button.

#3 : October 22, 2006, 06:50:22 AM

Kind of see what both of you are saying. On one hand you always want your team to win on gameday sunday, even nybucguy is saying this much I think. BUt looking at the big picture you know the more you lose the better. So I dont think any Buc fan will root against the BUcs, but wont take a loss as hard as they would in years where we can compete for a super bowl

140BPM

Practice Squad

#4 : October 22, 2006, 07:11:15 AM

Better position does not always mean better draft picks.  We wanna win every week!  Nobody in the draft is guaranteed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 22, 2006, 07:30:49 AM

Considering  that the offense as a whole is young I want them to win every game possible. 

#6 : October 22, 2006, 08:09:08 AM

I hope we win every single game from here on out...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 22, 2006, 08:10:25 AM

What???? NEVER!!!  F draft picks ... F playing rookies!!!  You want to win every game!!!  AND TO ROOT FOR A LOSS - TREASON OF THE WORST KIND!!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 22, 2006, 08:58:22 AM

If you are LOYAL, you NEVER root against your team.

This early in the season, that's true.   I would never hope the Bucs lose if there is even a slight chance at going to the playoffs.    But I have to admit I've hoped we would lose the season finale a couple of times to get a higher draft pick.   One year, I was disgusted when we won at the end of the year.   That was the year, Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Deion Sanders were coming out.   But since we won that meaningless game at the end of the year, we dropped to the 6th pick in the draft and ended up with Broderick Thomas.    Just one pick away from getting one of the superstars.

drywallbuc

Starter

#9 : October 22, 2006, 09:05:42 AM

it was a shame we won the SB that year, we could have gotten the next to last pick. instead we got the last pick. those bucs ruin everything, so youre right cheer against them. besides we all hate winning, why else would we sell out our stadium every weekend. name of the game is play for picks... why have i been doing it wrong all these years?

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 22, 2006, 09:09:36 AM

losing and getting a high draft pick doesnt mean we will get better players next year.

We could draft 1st overall and the guy could be a dud.. then what?

Like everyone has said.. if your a true fan you want every game to win.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2006, 09:52:24 AM

No, you root for the Bucs no matter what. I didn't pick the BUcs in my work football pool, which is hard enought, but I'll still be rooting for them

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 22, 2006, 10:00:11 AM

SCREW THE DRAFT! We could be 0-15 and the raiders are too. BUT YOU STILL ROOT FOR THE BUCS TO WIN!!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : October 22, 2006, 10:02:54 AM

I love the bucs just as much as anyone else here, but I just wanted to ask the question.....If in the next few weeks our season is clealy over, do you still want the bucs to win games? I always want Tampa to win, but in the back of my mind I know losing will give us a better draft picks in the future, and will help our future chances of success. Would it be a bad thing to sacrifice a victory this year if it would ensure us better players next year? I always want Tampa to win, but I cant help think these thoughts when we are in last place. Does anyone else deal with this turmoil?
Tim Couch, Tony mandarich, Kijana Carter, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf and many, many others......BUSTS!!!!! There are no guarantees with high draft picks. Rooting for the Buccs to lose so we can potentially draft a loser doesn't make sense. You root your heart out, and hope the team plays their heart out, and hope we land the next Pro Bowler at what ever spot we pick at.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 22, 2006, 10:25:41 AM

It ain't over til its over.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it o.k. if I root for the bucs to lose? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools