Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it o.k. if I root for the bucs to lose? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gharen

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 22, 2006, 08:04:07 PM

Just root for the teams with worse records than us to win.

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 22, 2006, 08:15:25 PM

If you're eliminated, the key point is letting the guys learn  Per Zed u don't learn character, legit statement.  I think character is built long before you hit the NFL though.  If you're out and your guys are learning and getting better, who cares?  Yeah you always want your team to win, but win now or win later?  Look at it like this:

If it's week 16 and you're 0-15 playing the only other 0-15 team in the league, and God his awsum self is in the draft, and bobo the clown is the second best pick, how much do you really want your team to win?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 22, 2006, 08:26:20 PM

real fans never want their teams to lose, no matter what is at stake.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 22, 2006, 08:28:50 PM

Lose? Screw you. We go to the games for moments like today's.
The satisfaction of winning an amazing game against a hated team like the eagles is immeasurable.
What a freaking IDIOT! Go away.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 22, 2006, 08:32:11 PM

If you root for the BUCS to lose, YOU SUCK C AND B's.

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 22, 2006, 08:43:30 PM

Is there a difference between rooting against your team, and rooting for what you think is best for them?  Look at the scenario I posted above:

If it's week 16 and you're 0-15 playing the only other 0-15 team in the league, and God his awsum self is in the draft, and bobo the clown is the second best pick, how much do you really want your team to win?

By no means are we there, and IMO pick 11 and pick 14 ain't much different.

Look at how excited some democrats get every time there's a setback in Iraq; are they rooting AGAINST the U.S. or FOR what they think is best for the U.S. (discount the "power hungry politicians always cheer for what's best for THEM" option)

I want a win every week.  I'm still cheering and prayin' for wins.  And I'll be honest, I'd throw that game so I didn't get stuck with Bobo....

And if you wouldn't now, but you would when it was God or Bobo, then the only difference between you and nybuccaneerguy is the price...

#36 : October 22, 2006, 08:50:46 PM

If you are 0-15, you stand a great chance of being 0-16.  But right now, the Bucs are NOT 0-15.  And you'll never ever give ANY reasoning to this fan for tanking a game.  There is just no acceptable reason out there.  That is ludicrous.  It pisses me off to read such a thing here.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 22, 2006, 08:51:45 PM

Is there a difference between rooting against your team, and rooting for what you think is best for them?

no!

rooting against your team is never acceptable...

PERIOD!

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 22, 2006, 09:15:54 PM

Is there a difference between rooting against your team, and rooting for what you think is best for them?

no!

rooting against your team is never acceptable...

PERIOD!
So In my scenario, you'd go with Bobo?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it o.k. if I root for the bucs to lose? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools