Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it o.k. if I root for the bucs to lose? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#15 : October 22, 2006, 11:01:00 AM

i never wish  for the bucs to lose, in any situation, first round picks are kinda overrated anyways, and i would never want the bucs to "tank" a game or season to help that cause

GO BUCS
Shoot Down the Eagles Bruce!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 22, 2006, 12:05:44 PM

Root for your team. But if a loss means a higher draft pick, you accept it easier than if
you were in the middle of a division race.

I think we still have a shot and no matter what, I will always root for the Bucs. It's no
fun the other way and doesn't impact the game. So root and have fun. If they lose,
we all know it's possibly not the worst thing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 22, 2006, 12:41:13 PM

All that adds up to the finding we are fans, and no reality will adversely influence the desire for a buccaneer win.  Pragmatic, cogent thought will return at the conclusion of the season - in advance of FA and the Draft (though fan thought will break out from time to time)  LOL

If you want to be concerned about next years' draft at this point, root for all of next years' day 1 picks be on D, and  that they all compete for ROY.  LOL

Joe - good to see you dropping in. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 22, 2006, 12:45:53 PM

I want to win and if everything falls into place we can be 1 game back after today in the playoff race..

Minn 3-3
Car 4-3
Atl 3-3
Dal or NY 3-3

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

#19 : October 22, 2006, 03:12:43 PM

As pissed off as I was at 0-4 and feeling plenty of dispair, I will NEVER root for the Bucs to lose a game and it looks like we sill have a chance to make this year respectable.

#20 : October 22, 2006, 03:25:06 PM

As pissed off as I was at 0-4 and feeling plenty of dispair, I will NEVER root for the Bucs to lose a game and it looks like we sill have a chance to make this year respectable.
No, you just throw in the towel the second things look bad.

zed

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 22, 2006, 04:12:55 PM

It's never okay to root for the Bucs to lose.  Getting better draft picks is only consolation for doing so poorly in the regular season.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 22, 2006, 04:36:29 PM

Cut the guy some slack, it's  a legit question.  Once you're mathematicly eliminated, why push it?  As long as your guys are learning and you're gaining experience, why not throw a few to get a pick?  You thing when Manning was coming out that wasn't going through the minds of a few coaches?

#23 : October 22, 2006, 04:37:22 PM

sounded like a lot of eagle fans at rayjay today!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 22, 2006, 04:42:44 PM

NY you're getting close to being made to walk the plank! You cheer for the Bucs to win every game and whatever happens with the draft, you deal with it then.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : October 22, 2006, 04:43:21 PM

I love the bucs just as much as anyone else here, but I just wanted to ask the question.....If in the next few weeks our season is clealy over, do you still want the bucs to win games? I always want Tampa to win, but in the back of my mind I know losing will give us a better draft picks in the future, and will help our future chances of success. Would it be a bad thing to sacrifice a victory this year if it would ensure us better players next year? I always want Tampa to win, but I cant help think these thoughts when we are in last place. Does anyone else deal with this turmoil?
BLASPHEMY!!!!

zed

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 22, 2006, 04:44:09 PM

Cut the guy some slack, it's  a legit question.  Once you're mathematicly eliminated, why push it?  As long as your guys are learning and you're gaining experience, why not throw a few to get a pick?  You thing when Manning was coming out that wasn't going through the minds of a few coaches?
Because you don't build character that way.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 22, 2006, 04:50:19 PM

If you are a TRUE fan you ALWAYS want the Bucs to WIN!! Every year that we have a bad record, I read posts about wanting to lose to get a better draft pick. IMO that is assenine. The draft is ALWAYS a crapshoot anyway. If you are LOYAL, you NEVER root against your team.

I very much agree with this!!!!!

#28 : October 22, 2006, 04:53:24 PM

it was a shame we won the SB that year, we could have gotten the next to last pick. instead we got the last pick. those bucs ruin everything, so youre right cheer against them. besides we all hate winning, why else would we sell out our stadium every weekend. name of the game is play for picks... why have i been doing it wrong all these years?

I hope the BUcs win the rest of their games, butu your point is stupid. Do you really want your 5-11 team to go 8-8? If you KNOW you're not a Super Bowl contender then whats the difference between a couple wins? Like I said, on gameday Sunday everyone will root for the BUcs to win by nature of being a fan, but if you are 2-7 or 3-7 then there's nothing wrong with feeling less upset about a loss then if you are 7-6. But no, I see your point, losing a Super Bowl game to pick #31 is the same as losing games that decide whether you pick 4th or 11th

btw, if draft position was so unimportant as some of you make it seem then why do so many people want their team to trade up on draft day? Why would anyone trade up on draft day? You want a higher draft pick because you believe that your front office and coaches are good at what they do and can avoid picking a bust.

zed

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 22, 2006, 04:57:03 PM

I don't see any point in purposely losing games except if its the last game of the season and you're trying to rest players for the playoffs and keep them away from injury.  But that is still a big iffy to me.  Other than that, I don't see any good reason, or should I say that it's not worthy it to lose on purpose just to move a few positions up in the draft.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it o.k. if I root for the bucs to lose? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools