Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yet another awful FSU effort to close out the game - Fire Bowden now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 25, 2007, 11:30:58 PM

Bowden never gets fired.  As long as Joe Pa keeps coaching, Bodwen will be around.

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 25, 2007, 11:28:31 PM

Since I've posted on other threads about FSU, I need to post on this one too.  And since I'm the Tampa Bay Seminole Club President, I gotta put my money where my mouth is.

The really sad thing about this game is that certain parts of our offense really came to life (See Running Game).  I re-watched the first half and I can't believe we lost.  We should have been up by 2 TD's after halftime.

As for the talent debate, the talent we've had has learned some pretty bad habits.  They've yet to break them, so the coaches are stuck in a way.  OL is depleted of most players that Trickett is comfortable using, but once he gets some of his kids in, we should be fine.  We'll be fine, it's just not much fun getting there from where we are right now.

I think we'll beat Duke and one of the three road games (VT, BC, UF).  Wouldn't surprise me if we won two of them.  I think we stand a good chance to lose to Maryland.

Seminoles, this was a loss of a year in terms of W-L.  Let's hope that we're setting the table for something similar to the 1985 season...the start of something (potentially) special.

PS - EJ needs to redshirt and really make an impact as a RS soph/jr.  With D'Vo or Ponder, QB should be in good shape.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 23, 2007, 09:29:18 PM

I dont disagree about Rolle, but I dont think you can lable him that way yet. He is still a teenager right? He is fast and athletic he might just need to learn the scheme better I think

i think you are helping the argument that he's an OLB.  he probably hasnt even stopped growing yet, with only 1 year at a college S&C program.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#3 : October 23, 2007, 08:28:50 PM

I dont disagree about Rolle, but I dont think you can lable him that way yet. He is still a teenager right? He is fast and athletic he might just need to learn the scheme better I think

Actually, he doesn't have above average speed or quickness to play DB at this level.  You can help cover up those deficiencies by taking good angles and having great instincts, but Myron appears to have neither.

Even the FSU fans have realized this http://floridastate.rivals.com/showm...d=1061&style=2

Seems like he is always chasing someone from behind watching them run into the end zone.

#4 : October 23, 2007, 06:09:39 PM

myron rolle is a LB, he just hasnt realized it yet.

Beat me to it.

He is burnt toast as a S, and even FSU is starting to realize that. 

Problem with FSU is they do have great LB, and look this year they are recruiting about 6 more.  At some point you have to shore up the OL.......

#5 : October 23, 2007, 06:11:07 PM

Here was Bowden's take on the game:

"Never been around a game like that.
Third down . . . somethin' happened, fumble. Or somethin'.
I ain't got a whole lot to volunteer.
I don't know but we shore gonna take a look at it.
They made the play we didn't.
You nearly played good 'nuff to win but you made enough mistakes to lose.
It hurts.
We needed this doggone ballgame.
Miamuh is kinda like us if one a you guys quit makin' mistakes you'd win.
I'm proud of ol' Randy.
Are we doin' the right thing? Should we do this? Should we do that?
Gee! I can't understand it.
The guy was open big what'n he? Just missed him every time!
I imagine Miami fans enjoyed it as much as when we beat 'em in 89.
The loss had a lot to do with them and our mistakes.
What happened to us? Did we get one intercepted? Fumble?
IT'S A NIGHTMARE COMIN' UP I CAN TELL YOU THAT"
Bobby Bowden

#6 : October 23, 2007, 07:21:36 PM

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 23, 2007, 06:47:31 AM

myron rolle is a LB, he just hasnt realized it yet.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#8 : October 23, 2007, 12:58:55 AM

they just do not have the depth or overall talent to make up for it that they had for years.

Well I disagree there. The Noles have crazy good talent on the DL. The same deep group of talented LBs as usual and the secondary is better than itis been in 3 years. Tony Carter is fonally playing decent and Myron Rolle is as gifted a safety as you will find on any college team and one of the best FSU has had in years. Yet they suck on defense. It seems like teh same story every year. 5 eventual 1st round picks on defense, yet they get gashed by the Dukes of the world

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 22, 2007, 10:20:00 PM

I guess it's the lesser of two evils.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 22, 2007, 08:05:40 PM

I'm not saying Lee is better than DW but how can you say that DW is "obviously the better QB"?  Are you crazy?  They BOTH suck.  In their own unique ways. 

Neither can find receivers downfield - that's partly the OL's fault.  Both suffer from the lack of a running game.

Lee overthrows or underthrows WRs when he does find them.  DW just takes sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

They're both a disgrace.  Hopefully EJ Manuel can turn things around at FSU someday. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2007, 07:55:33 PM

I guess we will not get a chance to see Lee throw away more games in the fourth quarter because the coaching staff has seen enough of him.  They are starting Drew their next game.  I don't know if he will make much of a difference behind that Oline but he is obviously the better QB.  When the fans realize it and quit calling for that bum Lee the team will be able to get unified.

#12 : October 22, 2007, 11:24:26 PM

I'm not saying Lee is better than DW but how can you say that DW is "obviously the better QB"?  Are you crazy?  They BOTH suck.  In their own unique ways. 

Neither can find receivers downfield - that's partly the OL's fault.  Both suffer from the lack of a running game.

Lee overthrows or underthrows WRs when he does find them.  DW just takes sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

They're both a disgrace.  Hopefully EJ Manuel can turn things around at FSU someday. 

If Manuel sticks with his commitment....which if I am him, and I look at the current OL, and look at their current commits which includes 0 OL recruits, I might think twice......

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 22, 2007, 05:50:20 PM

FSU is pathetic. One of the worst OL Ive ever seen. One of the most undisciplined defenses for the past 5 years. Its amazing how much talent is on that defense, and how poorly they execute year after year. Get an OL in there and the offense will be great again, but I have bigger concerns for the defense

Oline is dreadful and X Lee jsut doesn't get it.  The team has always played "undisciplined in my opinion, they just do not have the depth or overall talent to make up for it that they had for years.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 22, 2007, 05:47:09 PM

Is FSU staring at another 6 loss season? 

Yes, from a Noles fan.

They've got 5 games left:
2 @ home - Duke, Maryland
3 Away - BC, VT, UF

I think they'll split the two home games and manage to steal one on the road.  I know that's crazy but I've just got a feeling about it..,

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yet another awful FSU effort to close out the game - Fire Bowden now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools