Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yet another awful FSU effort to close out the game - Fire Bowden now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : October 22, 2007, 05:40:40 PM

FSU is pathetic. One of the worst OL Ive ever seen. One of the most undisciplined defenses for the past 5 years. Its amazing how much talent is on that defense, and how poorly they execute year after year. Get an OL in there and the offense will be great again, but I have bigger concerns for the defense

#16 : October 22, 2007, 05:24:58 PM

It's a catch 22 for FSU.  Drew can manage the game better but gets killed behind the turnstyle OL.  Lee is better suited to avoid the rush and make plays behind the putrid OL, but tends to have lapses where he looks like he has never played before.

In the end, the results are basically the same.

Is FSU staring at another 6 loss season? 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 22, 2007, 08:56:53 PM

lee seems to have found parker downfield quite a few times, in limited opportunities.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 22, 2007, 02:02:16 PM

Drew wasn't playing as bad as people on here thought considering the O is that bad.  He is a better option then Lee.  Maybe they should use both QB's in every game but Lee is not getting the job done.  I would rather have the QB that protects the ball the best play.  Everybody loves the backup, maybe now the fans will see that it wasn't Drew all along.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2007, 01:42:14 PM

You say that as if there are better options than Lee.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2007, 12:35:31 PM

I hope all you FSU "fans" are happy you got XLee in the game.  I seem to remember calling this guy a choker, then next few games will either CONTINUE to prove me right or XLee will somehow learn how to read a D and manage a football game.  It isn't always about the plays you make sometimes it's about the plays you don't.

#21 : October 21, 2007, 10:34:24 PM

If you think the loss is on Bowden you are crazy.  Bowden is NOT in control of this team.  He is there for recruiting and money - that's it.  His role as an active coach was gone long ago. 

This loss is on the coaching staff, who FSU fans think is the greatest ever assembled.  Bowden is not the one who prepares these players it is the staff. 

FSU can continue to recruit 50 top rated LB's a year and pad their recruiting stats, but until they bring in quality OL they will forever be mired in mediocrity.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#22 : October 21, 2007, 03:17:12 PM

I said a week or so ago Bowden should be let go.  Some players will play for him, but, the cream of the crop recruits will go where they see more consistency of winning LATELY.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#23 : October 21, 2007, 01:03:25 PM

It's the same thing up here with Paterno. I don't want him fired, though. These guys are untouchable.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 21, 2007, 12:03:02 PM

players will always want to play for bowden.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 21, 2007, 12:50:03 PM

players will always want to play for bowden.

correction....

SOME players will always want to play for bowden. Die hard FSU fans will. Players that are interested in winning won't.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 20, 2007, 08:33:52 PM

Lose to a putrid Miami team like that is the begining of the end for Bowden. The Noles thought they won, a mind-set that's a direct reflection of the HC when your team tanks like that.

I didn't go to FSU but am a fan, that was pitiful. C-ya Bobby, thanks for all you've given the school but it's time to go.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 21, 2007, 11:01:55 AM

Once upon a time FSU vs Miami was a must see game, now it is nearly an irrelevance.  AND yes Bowden needs to retire and get his as$ off the sidelines.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 21, 2007, 10:53:11 AM

they'll NEVER fire Bowden. That's their downfall. Guys gotta go before FSU gets back to the big time. By the time Bowden's gone, the recruits will be a joke.

#29 : October 25, 2007, 06:12:57 PM

Yea you guys might be right, I see the same things you guys do. But I see a collective effort by the defense where they all seem to be turning and chasing guys down. They dont stop anyone. Even when Sims, Nicholson, Buster Davis, Pat Watkins etc were there they all seemed to play for undisciplined defenses and none of them other than maybe Davis were able to stop people in front of them.

I still see Rolle as a safety. I think he will come around, but I wont be surprised if you guys are right
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yet another awful FSU effort to close out the game - Fire Bowden now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools