Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who deserves to get a new contract? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuccaneerBrandon

Second String

#15 : July 24, 2010, 06:18:52 PM

90% of the guys who deserve a new contract won't get one they are happy with. This team could be in shambles after next season.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 24, 2010, 06:47:05 PM

All i know if we had Gruden, we would have a Blue Chip coach and several Blue chip/Red chip players.   

Besides Gruden's 1st year here, what exactly makes you think that he would be a blue chip coach...his record, the players that he developed, his offense rankings...what???

Gruden is by far a blue chip coach compared to the wooden nickle of Morris.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

JereLinc

Rookie
#17 : July 24, 2010, 07:31:50 PM

If we resign Jackson at market value for his position, then there should be a provision in his contract that if he fails any more drug tests he becomes an unpaid tackling dummy for the D.  [banghead]

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 24, 2010, 08:11:43 PM

we've won 3 out of the last 20 games.  no one has earned crap.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 24, 2010, 08:51:45 PM

we've won 3 out of the last 20 games.  no one has earned crap.

Darn skippy, lets throw them all out and start again. Unless they win 8 games a year, fire them all and start over.

/sarcasm

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 24, 2010, 09:27:00 PM

All i know if we had Gruden, we would have a Blue Chip coach and several Blue chip/Red chip players.� �

Besides Gruden's 1st year here, what exactly makes you think that he would be a blue chip coach...his record, the players that he developed, his offense rankings...what???

Morris wasn't on that list.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 24, 2010, 10:47:57 PM

All i know if we had Gruden, we would have a Blue Chip coach and several Blue chip/Red chip players.� �

Um yeah, I can see that, never said he was. I said he was a wooden nickle not blue chipper so I'm not sure why you made that post

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 24, 2010, 11:46:16 PM

Um yeah, I can see that, never said he was. I said he was a wooden nickle not blue chipper so I'm not sure why you made that post

To illustrate that you compared Gruden (while calling him "by far a blue chip coach") to Morris, yet did not compare him to the real "blue chip" coaches.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 24, 2010, 11:50:13 PM

To illustrate that you compared Gruden (while calling him "by far a blue chip coach") to Morris, yet did not compare him to the real "blue chip" coaches.

So what, Gruden is by far a blue chip coach compared to Morris. None of those other coaches really matter. What matters is what is here now and that is the wooden nickle Morris and how he compares. So if you think Gruden is not a blue chipper as compared to other NFL coaches then I'm saying well Morris is even worse than that. Not that hard of a concept to understand is it?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 25, 2010, 05:41:04 AM

we've won 3 out of the last 20 games. no one has earned crap.

Darn skippy, lets throw them all out and start again. Unless they win 8 games a year, fire them all and start over.

/sarcasm
you couldn't do any worse.  they get another year to "earn" that new contract.  time to put up or shut up.  if we end up winning 4 or 5 games this season or worse is this core worth keeping?  my point is based on what we have seen so far nobody deserves anything yet.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : July 25, 2010, 05:45:26 AM

Gruden is on par with Barry Switzer as far as Blue Chip coaches.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#26 : July 25, 2010, 10:05:21 AM

So what, Gruden is by far a blue chip coach compared to Morris. None of those other coaches really matter. What matters is what is here now and that is the wooden nickle Morris and how he compares. So if you think Gruden is not a blue chipper as compared to other NFL coaches then I'm saying well Morris is even worse than that. Not that hard of a concept to understand is it?

No its not, but you must have missed my point from before.  This conversation had nothing to do with Morris; I was reflecting on how Gruden is not worth the "blue chip" title based on his performance compared to the other "blue chip" coaches.  Its like saying Red Lobster is an "all world" 5 star restaurant, but only when compared to Burger King, even though the conversation is about Jean Georges' 5 star joint in New York and the Dining Room in San Fran.  Not that hard of a concept to understand is it?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 25, 2010, 12:57:28 PM

See, here is the all important part you and a way too many others fail to realize, GRUDEN IS NOT A BUCCANEER! LET IT GO ALREADY! Geesch.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 25, 2010, 01:01:15 PM

See, here is the all important part you and a way too many others fail to realize, GRUDEN IS NOT A BUCCANEER! LET IT GO ALREADY! Geesch.

Did you not bring him up too???

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 25, 2010, 01:17:36 PM

LOL dude, I only countered your point. You are the one who went into thread drift and attacked Gruden. But whatever, live in the past, it's all you have.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who deserves to get a new contract? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools