Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Truth about Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#195 : July 27, 2010, 12:37:08 PM

We got Key, who was "Key" to our Superbowl run followed by Galloway who was very productive for a few yrs following the trade. People talk as if we got nuthin in return.

True however that doesn't change the fact that the picks were lost and thus the opportunity to draft high end players was lessened...not that I buy that this was the major reason for poor drafts going back all the way to '99.

1 pick was lost.....1 body!!

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#196 : July 27, 2010, 12:38:25 PM

We got Key, who was "Key" to our Superbowl run followed by Galloway who was very productive for a few yrs following the trade. People talk as if we got nuthin in return.

True however that doesn't change the fact that the picks were lost and thus the opportunity to draft high end players was lessened...not that I buy that this was the major reason for poor drafts going back all the way to '99.
Considering the Bucs' hit rate in the 1st round, turning two 1st rounders into the team's 7-time leading receiver is the best they did in 10 years.

Kind of like what I said.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#197 : July 27, 2010, 12:39:20 PM

1 pick was lost.....1 body!!

???  We used 2 picks and got 1 player.  That means we lost 1 pick/1 body

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#198 : July 27, 2010, 12:55:16 PM

I wonder where the Colts would be if they lost just 1 pick/1 body = Peyton Manning?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#199 : July 27, 2010, 01:30:51 PM

???  We used 2 picks and got 1 player.  That means we lost 1 pick/1 body

The value of Keyshawn is not a factor. The point is that the Bucs did not have two first round picks. We're judging drafts at least in this case.

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Truth about Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools