Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez refuses to carry R. Williams pads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

pewterpirates

Starter
: July 26, 2010, 01:02:21 AM

Dallas Cowboys rookie receiver Dez Bryant said he is in training camp to catch passes, not carry somebody else's shoulder pads after practice. When receiver Roy Williams handed his pads to Bryant on Sunday after the team's first camp session in pads, the rookie who was the Cowboy's first-round draft pick last April didn't carry them.

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 26, 2010, 01:08:14 AM

Good for him.

pewterpirates

Starter
#2 : July 26, 2010, 01:12:50 AM

Good for him.
+1

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 26, 2010, 01:28:41 AM

The Dez Diva will pay for that. I'm sure the vets will take care of that.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4 : July 26, 2010, 02:21:28 AM

Good for him.
+1
+2

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#5 : July 26, 2010, 02:22:21 AM

They probly will, but good on him for standing up for himself.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : July 26, 2010, 03:37:09 AM

Roy Williams needs to take notice and realize that Dez is after his job.

DKWEST

Starter

#7 : July 26, 2010, 07:14:42 AM

It's not about "Standing up for yourself".  It's a tradition in Dallas,..  many great Cowboys players through the years have done it,..  It's about showing respect for the teammates that have put in a ton of work before you even got there. It's the typical sense of entitlement that kids have these days. 

matt

Starter

#8 : July 26, 2010, 07:20:35 AM

What a prima donna... I'm glad he's not a Buc.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 26, 2010, 07:25:59 AM

It's not about "Standing up for yourself".  It's a tradition in Dallas,..  many great Cowboys players through the years have done it,..  It's about showing respect for the teammates that have put in a ton of work before you even got there. It's the typical sense of entitlement that kids have these days. 

I like it.
fudge a bunch of weak butt hazing rituals.

I like Dez Bryant saying "fudge you, carry your own crap!!"
"I'm here to play FOOTBALL and I'm here to take YOUR job!!"

nybucsfan

Rookie

#10 : July 26, 2010, 07:24:16 AM

Good for him.

Why is that a good thing? He thinks he is above normal rookie stuff? A rookie is a rookie. This guy has already had a lot of publicity and it could be a sign. Did we forget that he also followed Romo into a QB drill to watch him during camp where he wasn't suppose to be? He's on his own schedule and will do what he wants. Glad we didn't end up taking him.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 26, 2010, 08:52:42 AM

This guy is going to be the only star from this wr class.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 26, 2010, 09:08:46 AM

It's not about "Standing up for yourself". It's a tradition in Dallas,.. many great Cowboys players through the years have done it,.. It's about showing respect for the teammates that have put in a ton of work before you even got there. It's the typical sense of entitlement that kids have these days.
In the big picture I agree, but in this case Roy Williams kind of trashed Bryant after he got drafted saying Bryant is only going to be the punt returner because Roy is the starter.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : July 26, 2010, 09:26:14 AM

Haha I am glad that is the Cowpukes problem.... Bryant hasn't played football in a year.... He won't be great this year.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#14 : July 26, 2010, 09:40:51 AM

if it was anyone else its a problem- but what more has Williams done than Bryant?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez refuses to carry R. Williams pads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools