Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez refuses to carry R. Williams pads « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#75 : July 27, 2010, 10:02:19 PM

God. I can see the Tiger Woods commercial version of this in my head.

"I'm Dez Bryant... And I.. Refuse to carry your pads."  :D

It's funny how the "big name" teams suffer from the diva-effect. If it weren't Dez, would it have been someone else?

Stratobuc

Starter
#76 : July 27, 2010, 10:52:14 PM

Good for him.

All rookies have to go through that. I'd like to see him refuse to pay the bill at the rookie dinner. Some vet will "welcome" him to the league - then he'll get it......

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#77 : July 27, 2010, 11:03:41 PM

Good for him.

All rookies have to go through that. I'd like to see him refuse to pay the bill at the rookie dinner. Some vet will "welcome" him to the league - then he'll get it......

The "rookie dinner" is a more dignified tradition. I could handle that one.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : July 27, 2010, 11:14:34 PM

If he refused to pay for dinner I would think he was a punk. Refusing to be the **CENSORED** of a scrub like Roy Williams out in front of the fans is something entirely different. Make him pay for dinner for the whole team, put shaving cream in his helmet, dump him in the ice tub in the privacy of the locker room...don't expect him to bow down and look like a **CENSORED** in front of the media and fans.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#79 : July 27, 2010, 11:15:56 PM

It's like if Clayton told Mike Williams to carry his pads....

Which could very well happen.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#80 : July 27, 2010, 11:16:52 PM

He is competing with Roy Williams to start opposite Miles Austin, you think he cares about conceding ANYTHING to him? Dez is there to play football and the dude is on a mission, I got a ton of respect for him not conceding to the vet and showing him seniority dont mean **CENSORED**.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#81 : July 27, 2010, 11:21:17 PM

Funny how nobody other than Roy is making a big deal about this.

Really? So the Jason Whitten quote I posted is from nobody?

Bryant now claims he didn't know it was tradition and that he will make good on his faux pas. I think it's probably an excuse the team suggested he use. Either way, the story is done.

Let's see if he lives up to his punkish reputation. Since he's not a Buc, I don't care if he falls flat on his face.

joe:  You have hit the nail on the proverbial head....Dez made it clear he wouldn't have carried anyone's pads not just williams....I find it funny that many in here are blaming Williams.....has nothing to do with him....Bryant wasn't going to carry a single pad....Jerry Rice's included.  If anyone saw ESPN today the guy lost it on the media....he is a total punk....he is not a "good" guy....if he was he wouldn't have screwed Okie Stae like that.

Dezzie is a PUNK.....and is well on his way to becoming the headcase we already knew he was....awesome.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#82 : July 27, 2010, 11:24:33 PM

I don't buy that for a second. It wasn't someone else. It was Roy Williams. He knows that Dez is was drafted to replace him and there is no doubt he was picking on him purposely.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#83 : July 27, 2010, 11:30:22 PM

But he didn't refuse to pay for dinner. Reports claim that the only thing he didn't do was carry pads. He's been picking up tabs and doing other hazing stuff.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#84 : July 28, 2010, 05:31:20 AM

you think he cares about conceding ANYTHING to him? Dez is there to play football and the dude is on a mission, I got a ton of respect for him not conceding to the vet and showing him seniority.

Exactly what Ive been saying. Why should he bow down just because hes a rookie??????

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#85 : July 28, 2010, 08:37:42 AM

you think he cares about conceding ANYTHING to him? Dez is there to play football and the dude is on a mission, I got a ton of respect for him not conceding to the vet and showing him seniority.

Exactly what Ive been saying. Why should he bow down just because hes a rookie??????

Because that's what rookies do. Been that way for a long time.

It's a harmless aspect of rookie "hazing."

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#86 : July 28, 2010, 12:43:23 PM

Because that's what rookies do. Been that way for a long time.

It's a harmless aspect of rookie "hazing."

Fair, and I can understand that, but like I stated earlier in the thread when I was a rookie on the teams Ive played for (neither being pro, or football, just to clear that up), I refused to let myself get pushed around by the vets, and got voted for captain the next year by most of the team, for both hockey and soccer, due to the fact t hat I didnt back down that first year. Not to mention hes there to catch balls, not carry pads.....Idve done the same thing, but then again, thats just my style.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Stratobuc

Starter
#87 : July 28, 2010, 12:55:56 PM

Why don't you guys check out what the NFL ex coaches and players are saying about this? Its pretty hilarious hearing all the chest beating about Bryant bucking tradition.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#88 : July 28, 2010, 08:23:00 PM

Sorry, I dont keep up with the little Cowgirls and I could care less what Jason Witten says - who the hell is he?  OK, so maybe he is a top TE but nobody on that Cowboys team is the best at their respective positions so who cares.  I could care less if Jerry Jones has an issue with it, DEZ does not have to carry anybody's pads so just let it drop, DAMN.  Like I said find ONE criminal act DEZ has done!!!  Punk, c'mon people how is DEZ a punk?  Because he met with an agent while out to eat with Prime Time - its easy to criticize wen one does not have to walk in the others shoes!!  You call DEZ a punk yet Penn holds out and everybody is like good for him, Ruud holds out last year and everybody is like good for him.  Got news for ya DEZ will be a better WR than Ruud will ever be a MLB and Penn a LT!!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez refuses to carry R. Williams pads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools