Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fire.....Flame.....Fan!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 30, 2010, 11:45:19 AM

Is that what gay people want, applause? And here all this time I thought they were after equal rights.

What equal rights do they not have?  Marriage by definition, is between a man and a woman.  Didn’t marriage originate from religion, i.e. “Holy Matrimony”. 

How about they do away with marriage benefits and penalties; this way marriage is simply a “relationship status”

I think the biggest difficulty with same sex marriages is that you could see people taking advantage of the system, i.e. two heterosexual woman/man marrying each other to receive benefits, (Chuck and Larry).  How do you prove they are “in love?”

Not saying that straight marriages are superior, but just saying this is definitely an obstacle.  And if you don’t think they want “applause” then you must not have met many gay people.  They are no better than you or I.  I don’t see anyone applauding me nor do I make an issue of it.

They really don’t have it that bad.  Get “married” in a benefit hall, so it’s not legally binding, and you can call yourself married on facebook; yet if you split up half of your belongings don’t go towards the “spouse.”  Man, I would love to propose that idea to a girl someday.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 30, 2010, 11:59:19 AM

Without gay men the supply of available women to us ugly guys would be seriously impacted... no pun intended.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 30, 2010, 12:06:58 PM

Without gay men the supply of available women to us ugly guys would be seriously impacted... no pun intended.
Precisely.  Hey, no one is saying we should euthanize gays, (like they did in the olden days).  We’re just saying you can be here, queer, and proud of it; just don’t expect to be accepted.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 30, 2010, 12:36:39 PM

I see nothing wrong with Guru showing the other side of homosexuality...  The dirty, nasty, imoral and downright disgusting part of the homo world...

I disagree.  I wish all of the "gay" crap would cease.  Guru's threads are just as annoying as the other gay threads.

I totally agree, but as long as we have the homo supporters among us, there will always be posts regarding their views...

I would love to see both sides stop, but we know how that works here...

yeah, its always the homo supporters posting all these threads.  ::)

In Turbo's defense, a year or so ago - it usually was.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 30, 2010, 12:53:51 PM

Precisely. Hey, no one is saying we should euthanize gays, (like they did in the olden days). We’re just saying you can be here, queer, and proud of it; just don’t expect to be accepted.

My advice to the gay community, as much as you hate it you should try to procreate once in a while. The reason being that without it and the way us ugly guys pop them out in a hundred years all that will be left is really ugly people.

Think I'll make a movie about, call it "Uglyocracy"

"Welcome to Costco, I think you are beautiful."

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

#35 : July 30, 2010, 01:28:19 PM

Guru's threads are just as annoying as the other gay threads.

So he is sporting an annoying wardrobe?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 30, 2010, 05:52:59 PM

Seriously,

I guess because every time I read the news there seems to be at least 1-2 threads discussing homosexuals not having equal rights, being born gay, wanting their union legalized, etc.  Maybe the real problem is that I read the CNN News on the internet 2-3 times a day; a switch to Fox News is in order I guess.

I really do try not to push the issue all the time, but it is definitely pushed at me all the time through the media, etc. 

Seriously, go check it out.  CNN will have a thread about homosexuality at least 3-4 times a week.

im pretty sure the media pushes stuff about prisons, murder, divorce, economy, etc. I know they do because thats how they keep their ratings up. Gays 3-4 times a week? they talk about the economy 500 times. they talk about crimes 200 time. Nice try at an excuse, but its far from reasonable. Your trying to justify bigotry with the fact they are forcing it on you. Maybe, but you seem to be missing all the other things they are forcing upon you at a much larger rate. You dont adress the topics the media pushes at a much larger rate, but the occasional gy staory and your all over it. Im pretty sure a good christian wouldnt have such a limited message to preach. If you are such the christian crusader you claim to be, why is it only directed and a single group of sinners. Are the other sins not as bad?

Even if people bought into your religous message, what makes them think they would even listen to your rants? They are so directed at one thing, its clear you have issues and an agenda that doesnt really include 99% of the bible. I know if I was supposed to be a messenger ofGod or a representitive sent to encourage others to partake in Gods words and teachings, I wouldnt concentrate all my efforts into such a narrow aspect of his teaching. It would seem to be counter productive, as most of his teaching would be lost in some homos are bad rant.

at this point youre not educating anyone here on the religous aspect of your beliefs. Everyone here is well aware of them. So it has become a crusade against gays and it no longer has anything to do with religion other than its the basis for your bigotry. Instead of turning people on to God, your pushing them away.

Tatman, you make a great point in that it may be conterproductive to provide so much information about how the media and the homosexual community is doing everything to tear down the Christian standard and promote a deviant lifestyle.  Even to the point that it may be counter productive. 

SO, tell me something.  How do you suppose a Christian witness to a homosexual?  By definition, a true Christian cannot accept the lifestyle as normal or openly support those who do accept the lifestyle.  Do Christians just stay quiet and not say anything?  Do Christians pray and allow God to deal with it?  I'm curious to what you may think.
For the record, I probably do more of these threads to figure out who our real closet homosexuals are anyhow more than an attempt to be a witness on a message board.  Heck, for all you know I might be a woman, doctor, cop, or whatever.  It is interesting those who run to the rescue of homosexuals everywhere and then claim they aren't gay at all.  It's like my friend Terry, who is obviously gay, that says he is not gay, but has LOTS of friends who are?!

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#37 : July 30, 2010, 08:37:42 PM

It's like my friend Terry, who is obviously gay, that says he is not gay, but has LOTS of friends who are?!

Perhaps you should think about what you said here.

#38 : July 30, 2010, 09:20:28 PM

Seriously,

I guess because every time I read the news there seems to be at least 1-2 threads discussing homosexuals not having equal rights, being born gay, wanting their union legalized, etc.� Maybe the real problem is that I read the CNN News on the internet 2-3 times a day; a switch to Fox News is in order I guess.

I really do try not to push the issue all the time, but it is definitely pushed at me all the time through the media, etc.�

Seriously, go check it out.� CNN will have a thread about homosexuality at least 3-4 times a week.

im pretty sure the media pushes stuff about prisons, murder, divorce, economy, etc. I know they do because thats how they keep their ratings up. Gays 3-4 times a week? they talk about the economy 500 times. they talk about crimes 200 time. Nice try at an excuse, but its far from reasonable. Your trying to justify bigotry with the fact they are forcing it on you. Maybe, but you seem to be missing all the other things they are forcing upon you at a much larger rate. You dont adress the topics the media pushes at a much larger rate, but the occasional gy staory and your all over it. Im pretty sure a good christian wouldnt have such a limited message to preach. If you are such the christian crusader you claim to be, why is it only directed and a single group of sinners. Are the other sins not as bad?

Even if people bought into your religous message, what makes them think they would even listen to your rants? They are so directed at one thing, its clear you have issues and an agenda that doesnt really include 99% of the bible. I know if I was supposed to be a messenger ofGod or a representitive sent to encourage others to partake in Gods words and teachings, I wouldnt concentrate all my efforts into such a narrow aspect of his teaching. It would seem to be counter productive, as most of his teaching would be lost in some homos are bad rant.

at this point youre not educating anyone here on the religous aspect of your beliefs. Everyone here is well aware of them. So it has become a crusade against gays and it no longer has anything to do with religion other than its the basis for your bigotry. Instead of turning people on to God, your pushing them away.

Tatman, you make a great point in that it may be conterproductive to provide so much information about how the media and the homosexual community is doing everything to tear down the Christian standard and promote a deviant lifestyle.� Even to the point that it may be counter productive.�

SO, tell me something.� How do you suppose a Christian witness to a homosexual?� By definition, a true Christian cannot accept the lifestyle as normal or openly support those who do accept the lifestyle.� Do Christians just stay quiet and not say anything?� Do Christians pray and allow God to deal with it?� I'm curious to what you may think.

WWJD??? Is a gay lifestyle any more unacceptable than a prostitutes? I'm just guessing that there weren't any gay men around to wash Jesus's feet with their tears, but I'm pretty sure he would have treated them the same way he treated the prostitute in Luke 7:36-50.

My answer to your question would be why can't you treat a gay man the same way Jesus treated that woman, or the adulteress facing stoning, or Mary Magdalene, or any number of lepers, or the legion of other sinners that followed him???                             

For the record, I probably do more of these threads to figure out who our real closet homosexuals are anyhow more than an attempt to be a witness on a message board.� Heck, for all you know I might be a woman, doctor, cop, or whatever.�

Except you have posted your pic multiple times and told waaaaay too many consistent stories about being a "preacher-man"

It is interesting those who run to the rescue of homosexuals everywhere and then claim they aren't gay at all.� It's like my friend Terry, who is obviously gay, that says he is not gay, but has LOTS of friends who are?!

TMI  ????

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 30, 2010, 09:35:13 PM

John - it is unfair for you to engage him on this issue in particular.  Something about a guy in a knife fight.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 30, 2010, 09:44:40 PM

It is interesting those who run to the rescue of homosexuals everywhere and then claim they aren't gay at all.� It's like my friend Terry, who is obviously gay, that says he is not gay, but has LOTS of friends who are?!

TMI ????

John - it is unfair for you to engage him on this issue in particular. Something about a guy in a knife fight.

you guys are freaking hilarious .... that was just too easy   ;D

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 30, 2010, 09:49:16 PM

and the other guy brought a gun...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NovaBuc

Starter

#42 : July 30, 2010, 10:26:24 PM

You are right Nova, it perverts both ways. 

Pedophilia, yes.  Pedophilia and homosexuality are not necessarily linked. A pedophile gets sexual pleasure from children. A homosexual gets sexual pleasure from the same sex. Most pedophiles will have a 'dominant' sex choice of male or female, but still often abuse children of either sex for the simple fact it is the child part of the equation that is important, not the male/female part.

#43 : July 30, 2010, 11:05:06 PM

John - it is unfair for you to engage him on this issue in particular.  Something about a guy in a knife fight.

Call me "grasshopper"*

*David Caradine/Kung Fu reference w/o the self asphyxiation stuff.

Maybe I have too much confidence in BucGuru, but I think he may appreciate the thought eventually.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#44 : July 30, 2010, 11:22:54 PM

By definition[/color], a true Christian cannot accept the lifestyle as normal or openly support those who do accept the lifestyle.  Do Christians just stay quiet and not say anything?  Do Christians pray and allow God to deal with it?  I'm curious to what you may think.

Just exactly where is this definition that says true Christians can't treat homosexuals like they treat any other sinners ....?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fire.....Flame.....Fan!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools