Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman Spent A Week In San Diego Working With Brees « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: August 01, 2010, 03:32:06 PM

*Bucs second-year quarterback Josh Freeman had help from an unlikely source this offseason — Drew Brees of the division-rival Saints. Freeman spent a week in San Diego picking Brees’ mind and working out together. Usually, division rivals don’t try to help one another, but this was a little different because Freeman’s offensive coordinator in Tampa, Greg Olson, also was Brees’ quarterbacks coach at Purdue. Olson set up the get together. Olson also told me he used the offseason to emphasize several points with Freeman: he has to take care of the ball better, he needs to make better decisions, he should play with more balance, and he has to strive for more consistency with his drops. Olson said he likes what he’s seen from Freeman so far.

National Football Post

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 01, 2010, 03:34:37 PM

****ing awesome!

LABuc

Starter

#2 : August 01, 2010, 03:34:56 PM

I'm sure nobody expected this, but I'm glad Freeman isn't taking days off and is putting in the work.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 01, 2010, 03:35:26 PM

I'm sure nobody expected this, but I'm glad Freeman isn't taking days off and is putting in the work.

If he fails, it's surely not from a lack of trying. That's for sure.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 01, 2010, 03:35:32 PM

Java will have to temper his love affair for Brees now that he's helping Freeman.    

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 01, 2010, 03:35:42 PM

that's great to hear. drew seems to be a great guy.

unless he is sabotaging Freeman ha

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 01, 2010, 03:35:50 PM

Can only help. Class move by Brees.

LABuc

Starter

#7 : August 01, 2010, 03:38:33 PM

If he fails, it's surely not from a lack of trying. That's for sure.

+1... He has the tools, the weapons, and the work ethic that is only rivaled by the elite quarterbacks, how can you not be excited for the future?!?

Wheres SCOUT? I hate how everyone banded together in support of Freeman yesterday and scared him off.... I'm truly interested in his opinion on this....

shawn731

Starter

#8 : August 01, 2010, 04:07:58 PM

This is what seperates Freeman from the rest.  He could simply have taken the summer off and traveled or whatever, but he choosed to spend time improving.  That in itself shows that he isnt satisfied with being a starting NFL QB but a Superbowl winning QB.  And who else to learn from, but the most recent QB.  You cant spin it any other way.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 01, 2010, 04:12:52 PM

I remember hearing before the off-season that Brees would work with Freeman and I kept waiting to hear when. This is why I love Freeman. Unlike JaMarcus Russell, Freeman is trying to become great and I think he will be.

LABuc

Starter

#10 : August 01, 2010, 04:14:02 PM

Russel was content with his paycheck, Freeman is hungry.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 01, 2010, 04:14:27 PM

You want a kid who wants it this bad to do well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 01, 2010, 04:23:23 PM

This is what seperates Freeman from the rest.  He could simply have taken the summer off and traveled or whatever, but he choosed to spend time improving.  That in itself shows that he isnt satisfied with being a starting NFL QB but a Superbowl winning QB.  And who else to learn from, but the most recent QB.  You cant spin it any other way.

Your insinuation that none of the other QBs in the NFL work out during the off-season is a whole lot of spin already.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 01, 2010, 04:38:16 PM

Your insinuation that none of the other QBs in the NFL work out during the off-season is a whole lot of spin already.

Freeman, as far as I know, took two weeks off.  The entire off season.  Two weeks.

He was at the facility constantly, bringing receivers with him, practicing, training.  Work ethic is nothing new in the league -- and Freeman's certainly no Jerry Rice -- but I'd say our quarterback's in the upper echelon of workers.  That's never a bad thing.

shawn731

Starter

#14 : August 01, 2010, 05:44:39 PM

I did not mean other QB's dont or havent worked out during the offseason.  But it is remarkable that Freeman got the oppurtuntiy to spend time with the most recent superbowl winning QB.  I have never heard another player going to another rival QB and humbling themselves for input to get better.  If anything its even more comendable that Brees took the time to make it happen.

Illum:I remember an article that interviewed the QB of the Falcons, where he discussed how he spent time in the offseason trying to learn the Bucs Defense.  If i recall he showed quite a bit of what he learned by dissecting game tape of us.  There is a clear distinction between those willing to put effort to excelling and those who are content with just enough.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman Spent A Week In San Diego Working With Brees « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools