Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best show on TV « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

zepkin

Second String

: August 03, 2010, 01:59:22 PM

The absolute best and funniest show on television is Louie on FX Tues. nights @ 11pm est.

It has been picked up for a 2nd season, with an order of 13 episodes.  If you haven't seen it, then check it out tonight.

Get off the Poopdeck!

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 03, 2010, 02:16:08 PM

Wrong:  Rescue Me is by far the best show!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 03, 2010, 02:56:42 PM

Wrong again, still on F/X but Archer was the best show on TV.

If you have the streaming Netflix feature it is there now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gruber

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 03, 2010, 03:05:08 PM

Tuesdays are the best night for tv. My favorites are rescue me and Louie. Louie gas really started to get as good as his stand up. I also low tosh o, he's a funny mf

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#4 : August 03, 2010, 03:06:29 PM

Louie is awesome, Louis CK has always been one of my favorite comedians and his show is great. The episodes are on hulu for anyone to watch.

As far as the best show on TV goes.. that show recently ended.. LOST. I'll probably watch that show from season 1-6 5 more times. Amazing series.

I also cant wait for September 16th and the 6th season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.. for anyone who hasnt seen it, its like Seinfeld but way more obscene.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 03, 2010, 03:06:37 PM

The absolute best and funniest show on television is Louie on FX Tues. nights @ 11pm est.

It has been picked up for a 2nd season, with an order of 13 episodes.  If you haven't seen it, then check it out tonight.

Louis Ck is probably one of the best comedians out there, and while his shows are pretty funny, he needs to be in a realm where nothing can hold him back.

As for best shows:

Mad Men (great but soooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwww)
Sons of Anarchy (great writing and great acting/actors, very Hamletesque)
The Pacific was a worthy successor for Band of Brothers but nothing will ever top that mini series
So far, the mini-series The Pillars of Earth (based on the books) is really good. Has Rufus Sewell and Ian McShane ( who is awesome is absolutely everything)
Spartacus: Blood and Sand is a great show. Very graphic but also acted very well. ( Lots of nudity, the good and bad kind, blood and guts, dirty words and sex) It's available to stream on Netflix (along with the Pillars miniseries as it comes out) Due to the main actors battle with cancer, the second season will be postponed but they are making a prequel mini series (8 episodes I believe with John Hannah and Lucy Lawless, two of the shows best actors, before Spartacus comes)

2goodbucs

Starter
#6 : August 03, 2010, 06:07:14 PM

The shows that are worth a try is...

Modern Family (awesome comedy)
Mad Men (takes 5 episodes to get things going)
Sons of Anarchy (Biker gang drama)
Sparticus: Blood and Sand (amazing show, too bad the lead actor has cancer which postponed the 2nd season)
Breaking Bad (1st episode shoots out like a cannon, no 4-5 episode warm ups on this one)

I'll check out the Louis later on tonight.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 03, 2010, 06:21:32 PM

The shows that are worth a try is...

Modern Family (awesome comedy)
Mad Men (takes 5 episodes to get things going)
Sons of Anarchy (Biker gang drama)
Sparticus: Blood and Sand (amazing show, too bad the lead actor has cancer which postponed the 2nd season)
Breaking Bad (1st episode shoots out like a cannon, no 4-5 episode warm ups on this one)

I'll check out the Louis later on tonight.

Breaking Bad is definitely worth watching. Did a paper comparing it with Weeds on Showtime. It's so much better.
Can't believe I forgot Modern Family. No doubt, in my opinion, the funniest show on TV.

T

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 03, 2010, 06:40:48 PM

Well since LOST finished it's final season there is no best show on TV in my view but here are some I am enjoying in the post LOST era of TV.

-Friday Night Lights-great show, probably the best acted show on TV
-The Big Bang Theory
-Modern Family
-V
-Bored to Death(HBO)

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 03, 2010, 06:46:27 PM

Well since LOST finished it's final season there is no best show on TV in my view but here are some I am enjoying in the post LOST era of TV.

-The Big Bang Theory
-Modern Family
-V
-Bored to Death(HBO)
I got into LOST right before the last season and I admit I was a skeptic before. The show was awesome, it had something for everyone. It wasn't perfect but it was a hell of a ride.

I hear FNL is a great show, I just refuse to watch most football stuff because it's always too sad and just makes me want to play again ( I probably will never watch the movie ever again even though it was good)

V is a pretty good show also, I've never seen the original but I like the direction it's going in.

I watched the first half of the 1st season of Bored to Death, funny show but it's hard to keep up with all these shows and being a slow comedy isn't exactly helping it.

If you want to watch something really funny and have netflix. Party Down was a great show, it just got canceled because it's stars got plucked onto other shows. It is just hilarious. It has Jane Lynch (in the first season) from Glee and Role Models, Ken Marino who played the step dad in Role Models and is on Children's Hospital, Adam Scott from Step Brothers, Parks and Rec and all those ESPN commercials

Also, while it gets no love, Robot Chicken is still one of the funniest shows on TV even if it is only 15 minutes long.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 03, 2010, 06:49:30 PM

Drama

Fringe
Dexter
Mad Men

Comedy

The Office
Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
The Simpsons
Curb Your Enthusiam
30 Rock

T

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 03, 2010, 08:56:52 PM

-The Big Bang Theory
-Modern Family
-V
-Bored to Death(HBO)
I got into LOST right before the last season and I admit I was a skeptic before. The show was awesome, it had something for everyone. It wasn't perfect but it was a hell of a ride.

I hear FNL is a great show, I just refuse to watch most football stuff because it's always too sad and just makes me want to play again ( I probably will never watch the movie ever again even though it was good)

V is a pretty good show also, I've never seen the original but I like the direction it's going in.

I watched the first half of the 1st season of Bored to Death, funny show but it's hard to keep up with all these shows and being a slow comedy isn't exactly helping it.

If you want to watch something really funny and have netflix. Party Down was a great show, it just got canceled because it's stars got plucked onto other shows. It is just hilarious. It has Jane Lynch (in the first season) from Glee and Role Models, Ken Marino who played the step dad in Role Models and is on Children's Hospital, Adam Scott from Step Brothers, Parks and Rec and all those ESPN commercials

Also, while it gets no love, Robot Chicken is still one of the funniest shows on TV even if it is only 15 minutes long.

FNL is more about the characters, hell the majority of the episodes recently have not even showed any football games. There are times it is a pretty sad show so I feel ya there.

Almost forgot 'Glee' my Fiance makes me watch it and I actually have enjoyed it for the most part.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 03, 2010, 09:06:52 PM

-The Big Bang Theory
-Modern Family
-V
-Bored to Death(HBO)

FNL is more about the characters, hell the majority of the episodes recently have not even showed any football games. There are times it is a pretty sad show so I feel ya there.

Almost forgot 'Glee' my Fiance makes me watch it and I actually have enjoyed it for the most part.

Maybe I'll pick it up then when I've got nothing else to watch.

I had to watch the pilot for Glee for a TV crit class. Honestly, the best parts were when they weren't singing. The best part overall though was the guy that first got the football kid to sing, he was just hilarious.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 03, 2010, 09:21:04 PM

Stratobuc

Starter
#14 : August 03, 2010, 10:41:19 PM

Southpark
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best show on TV « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools