Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unbelievable....America has lost all pride. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 20

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: August 03, 2010, 07:03:04 PM

Disgusting.

I bet Bin Laden and his boys are loving this in a large way...

And we are going to allow it to happen.

Shameful.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38538068/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43001

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 03, 2010, 07:34:44 PM

You are being played by the media.  The building is already being used as a Mosque plus the over whelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

I don't particularity like the idea but blocking the plans would be very Un-American IMO

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 03, 2010, 07:44:43 PM

America would lose the most pride when they start ignoring the First Amendment.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 03, 2010, 07:49:43 PM

America's pride is that a mosque CAN be built by Ground Zero. It's pride is that they can build that building and that we can complain about it all we want. It's pride is that New York City has mosques, sex shops, counterfeit shops and right next to banks, schools and office buildings. Anyone can do what they want (without harming others) as long as they can accept that they will be badgered non-stop by people who oppose whatever they do. Some might disagree with the timing or ethics of it but I completely defend their right to do it.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 03, 2010, 07:58:00 PM

You are being played by the media. The building is already being used as a Mosque plus the over whelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

I don't particularity like the idea but blocking the plans would be very Un-American IMO

No need to interrupt another one of Turbo's racist rants with logic.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 03, 2010, 07:59:35 PM

Just out of curiousity, how far away is okay? 3 blocks? A mile? Kansas?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

burger40

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 03, 2010, 08:09:29 PM

if it were on ground zero i would have a problem as it would be like putting a Christian church on a site in the Middle East where crusading soldiers massacred innocent muslims.

however we can't become a country that prohibits freedom of religion just because radical people of said religion are responsible for terror attacks.

the only way i would switch my position on this mosque is if the imam or head cleric is found to be preaching a message of violence against the west. even then maybe not.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 03, 2010, 08:44:46 PM

You are being played by the media. The building is already being used as a Mosque plus the over whelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

No need to interrupt another one of Turbo's racist rants with logic.

racist rant?

if you find racism in what I said, YOU are the racist for playing a race card once again where it does not belong.

#8 : August 03, 2010, 09:23:06 PM

Turbo, once again being the Media's mindless sheep.

Our country is 10+ Trillion in debt and there is no way to pay that debt (making our country a deadbeat Nation), and you worry about a community center near (as in within a few blocks and not even visible from) ground zero.

We just enacted a HC bill that will cripple and devastate many many small businesses in the middle of a major recession, and you're worried about a few Muslims?

We still have double digit unemployment, and you're freaking out over some really old news.

Two great lakes worth of oil spills into the Gulf, and you're worried about Mosque #67 in NYC?

The largest tax hike in decades is about to go into effect in the middle of a recession and you post about Historical status being denied a building?

Way to fall right into the plan, "distract and deflect" and in 5 years I'll have to call you comrade.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 03, 2010, 10:54:39 PM

ho-hum

Because I comment on something other than what you listed doesn't mean I'm not concerned about those things too John Galt?

I would expect you to understand that much.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 03, 2010, 10:59:55 PM

Hrmm, I am one of those who have fought, multiple times, for those freedoms. Do I think it is rather disgusting that a mosque in any where near ground zero, yuppers. But if anyone tries to make them leave I'll defend that mosque as hard as I fought before. The freedoms that we enjoy are not just the ones you agree with, they are also the ones you might not like.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

spartan

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 03, 2010, 11:21:51 PM

Got to admit I am all over the place with this one. Do they have the right to do this? Yup, is it insensitive, totally.

I also think back to the fact that Islam has a tendency to build Mosques at the point of their greatest military triumphs. So, whether right or wrong it begs the question, why is this being done? I might be wrong but I think I read the majority of the funding of this "centre" is coming from Saudi Arabia. Adds to the su**CENSORED**ion.

As I said I am torn, but at the back of my head I get the feeling that someone somewhere is trying to rub our noses in it. Even if I am totally off base maybe the prudent course of action is to build it elsewhere. I mean, us white Christian guys are informed on a regular basis that we need to be more sensitive on these issues, therefore that ought to go both ways right?

#12 : August 03, 2010, 11:26:32 PM

I guess since Timothy Mcveigh bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Building no christian churches are allowed in Oklahoma.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 03, 2010, 11:37:40 PM

We want to be so politically correct we might as well just give up now and allow every liberal idea to become reality.  You say what you want, but if you believe the Muslims aren't attempting to do this as an insult to America and what it stands for you are either blatantly stupid or Muslim.  Mosque #67 or #1 doesn't matter.  They know full well how sensitive an issue this is, but who cares, they are going through with it anyway. 

People absolutely blow me away when they defend the Muslim faith and say they are a peaceful people!?  Ask any Muslim how they feel about Christianity and more importantly, about you being one.  If they are a true Muslim, they will tell you that you are an infidel and have no place in paradise.  Don't take my word for it, take theirs....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 03, 2010, 11:41:05 PM

We want to be so politically correct we might as well just give up now and allow every liberal idea to become reality.  You say what you want, but if you believe the Muslims aren't attempting to do this as an insult to America and what it stands for you are either blatantly stupid or Muslim.  Mosque #67 or #1 doesn't matter.  They know full well how sensitive an issue this is, but who cares, they are going through with it anyway. 

People absolutely blow me away when they defend the Muslim faith and say they are a peaceful people!?  Ask any Muslim how they feel about Christianity and more importantly, about you being one.  If they are a true Muslim, they will tell you that you are an infidel and have no place in paradise.  Don't take my word for it, take theirs....

Considering it's been approved to be built, I think that might have backfired on them.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unbelievable....America has lost all pride. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools