Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unbelievable....America has lost all pride. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 20

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 03, 2010, 11:43:28 PM

Ask any Muslim how they feel about Christianity and more importantly, about you being one.  If they are a true Muslim, they will tell you that you are an infidel and have no place in paradise.

Almost like when you ask a Christian about non-believers, if they are a true Christian, they will tell you all non-believers are going to hell?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 04, 2010, 12:15:12 AM

You are being played by the media. The building is already being used as a Mosque plus the over whelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

I don't particularity like the idea but blocking the plans would be very Un-American IMO

No need to interrupt another one of Turbo's racist rants with logic.

racist rant?

if you find racism in what I said, YOU are the racist for playing a race card once again where it does not belong.

You're absolutely correct ... This particular rant isn't racism, it's bigotry.

RonDiazlol

Starter

#17 : August 04, 2010, 12:25:04 AM

Taking bets on how long this stays up until a nut job runs a bulldozer or semi through it.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 04, 2010, 12:27:54 AM

America is a country with a Christian background, I think that muslims should be second class citizens like gays. They're both aiming to destroy good values. Freedom of religion should mean that they get to practice it in their households, but they shouldn't display it in public or have special rights like a place of worship.

#19 : August 04, 2010, 01:14:29 AM

Taking bets on how long this stays up until a nut job runs a bulldozer or semi through it.
Its going to be in a YMCA isn't it? Won't take long.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 04, 2010, 02:39:18 AM

'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. "
- Leviticus 19:33

Just like the rest of Leviticus, I think it's safe to ignore.

Then there's

“Do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

Matthew 5:39

Then again Jesus

"made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables."

John 2:15

So it'd be fine because they're being wicked. Christians better get their whips out.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 04, 2010, 03:00:25 AM

Doubt it. This center is open to EVERYBODY and not just Muslims. I think people in the neighborhood are going to enjoy using it.

Time to people to grow up and stop the hate.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 04, 2010, 03:01:11 AM

Turbo, once again being the Media's mindless sheep.

LOL. Perfect description.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 04, 2010, 08:31:41 AM

So it'd be fine because they're being wicked. Christians better get their whips out.

I always thought their weapons of choice were stones ...

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 04, 2010, 08:43:43 AM

My guess they get approval start bilding and then the outrage and protests become so heated they decide to move it elsewhere

I am on the fence about it...I support our freedom of religion and freedom of speech...however I also think they could have put it elsewhere and saved themselves the hostility

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 04, 2010, 09:04:38 AM

My guess they get approval start bilding and then the outrage and protests become so heated they decide to move it elsewhere

The center will be located in that building. Outrage has been there all along. That hasn't changed a thing. If these folks were stopped from building what they wanted on this site because they're Muslim, a court would immediately overrule. Would anybody have a problem if this was a Christian or Jewish center? Of course not.

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg said it best yesterday when he spoke on the matter. Here are a few excerpts:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/aug/03/michael-bloomberg-ground-zero-mosque

In the mid-1650s, the small Jewish community living in lower Manhattan petitioned Dutch Governor Peter Stuyvesant for the right to build a synagogue - and they were turned down.

"In 1657, when Stuyvesant also prohibited Quakers from holding meetings, a group of non-Quakers in Queens signed the Flushing Remonstrance, a petition in defense of the right of Quakers and others to freely practice their religion. It was perhaps the first formal, political petition for religious freedom in the American colonies - and the organiser was thrown in jail and then banished from New Amsterdam.

"In the 1700s, even as religious freedom took hold in America, Catholics in New York were effectively prohibited from practicing their religion - and priests could be arrested. Largely as a result, the first Catholic parish in New York City was not established until the 1780's - St Peter's on Barclay Street, which still stands just one block north of the World Trade Centre site and one block south of the proposed mosque and community centre.

"Of course, it is fair to ask the organisers of the mosque to show some special sensitivity to the situation - and in fact, their plan envisions reaching beyond their walls and building an interfaith community. By doing so, it is my hope that the mosque will help to bring our city even closer together and help repudiate the false and repugnant idea that the attacks of 9/11 were in any way consistent with Islam. Muslims are as much a part of our city and our country as the people of any faith and they are as welcome to worship in lower Manhattan as any other group. In fact, they have been worshipping at the site for the better part of a year, as is their right.

"The local community board in lower Manhattan voted overwhelming to support the proposal and if it moves forward, I expect the community centre and mosque will add to the life and vitality of the neighbourhood and the entire city.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 04, 2010, 09:25:50 AM

How about a $100 million donation from the muslim community to build the Freedom tower?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 04, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Ask any Muslim how they feel about Christianity and more importantly, about you being one.  If they are a true Muslim, they will tell you that you are an infidel and have no place in paradise.

Almost like when you ask a Christian about non-believers, if they are a true Christian, they will tell you all non-believers are going to hell?

false...

before making a post like that, you need to get your facts straight.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 04, 2010, 09:40:27 AM

Ask any Muslim how they feel about Christianity and more importantly, about you being one.  If they are a true Muslim, they will tell you that you are an infidel and have no place in paradise.

false...

before making a post like that, you need to get your facts straight.

So people who don't believe in God are going to heaven if they led a good life?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 04, 2010, 09:46:32 AM

Turbo, stop wasting your time.  Some people are making good points, but others will debate you for the simple fact of debating, i.e. Liberals trying to defend the rights of terrorist.(“Oh please don’t torture the poor innocent terrorist.  It’s proven that those methods don’t work.  Please provide him with comfortable shelter and clothing, as well as delicious food)

I ask you Turbo, Why hate people of different races, religions, sexual preferences, etc. when we can all hate liberals together?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unbelievable....America has lost all pride. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools