Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings offer Favre $16 million plus to not retire « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

white dragon

Practice Squad

#15 : August 04, 2010, 10:26:46 AM

Quote from: Pauls Drive In
They already have the 2nd best running back in the league... Gerhart will be ok, but nothing special.

Yeah, but given time, I think Gerhart can jump from being the 2nd best running back in the league to first. Give him like 2 preseason games.

Why the hate on Gerhart? 2 preseason games to shine? Must be cuz he's white. sheesh.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 04, 2010, 10:35:26 AM

Rub some $100s on that ankle and see if it helps it heal faster! :)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 04, 2010, 11:23:48 AM

i really wouldn't be surprised if favre took it to another level and intended to skip the first part of the regular season also before coming back.

think about it - he knows he's pure gold for about 3 months and then he fades.  if he can count on the vikings to go at least .500 thru the first 4 or 6 games of the season, he can jump right back in and save himself for the meaningful games (think modern-day celtics).  it also gives his ankle more time to heal.  and the vikings don't have to give him a raise - he'll get his 13 million for playing in 10 regular season games and the postseason.

in the meantime, his ankle and whole body get more time to heal.  home field advantage doesn't matter a great deal to brett who made his name owning cold weather, and with the defense and run game the vikes have they can win on the road if they have a brett favre who is still playing young in january

he's already proven that he doesn't give a flip about putting the organization or the other QBs on the roster in a bind from his actions since about 2007

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 04, 2010, 12:38:21 PM

Too Bad I'm not in Java's Fantasy League. I already know who he would pick for his QB and RB.

Manlove A: Tim Tebow
Manlove B: Toby Gerhart.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 04, 2010, 01:12:19 PM

Yeah, but... on Sapp's radio chat posted in another link where he was praising Gerald McCoy, he also responded to a few Brett Favre questions. Said he thought the wear and tear of last season on Favre's body would put him into retirement this year. Sapp also noted how Favre really liked Tarvaris Jackson as a QB. Who knows, Favre may have taught him a few things.
    When he was with the Packers and they drafted Aaron Rodgers, Favre said it wasn't his job to teach Rodgers. I remember that comment kinda surprised me at the time...

kjbugman

Starter

#20 : August 04, 2010, 01:59:08 PM

WOW.

i say they are still a playoff team with Tavaris Jackson though.

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

mjr5202

Rookie
#21 : August 05, 2010, 10:00:18 AM

i really wouldn't be surprised if favre took it to another level and intended to skip the first part of the regular season also before coming back.

think about it - he knows he's pure gold for about 3 months and then he fades.  if he can count on the vikings to go at least .500 thru the first 4 or 6 games of the season, he can jump right back in and save himself for the meaningful games (think modern-day celtics).  it also gives his ankle more time to heal.  and the vikings don't have to give him a raise - he'll get his 13 million for playing in 10 regular season games and the postseason.

in the meantime, his ankle and whole body get more time to heal.  home field advantage doesn't matter a great deal to brett who made his name owning cold weather, and with the defense and run game the vikes have they can win on the road if they have a brett favre who is still playing young in january

he's already proven that he doesn't give a flip about putting the organization or the other QBs on the roster in a bind from his actions since about 2007

If Favre can pull that off, he would be on roger clemens level...

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 04, 2010, 05:36:32 AM

The bucs are going to have a better record than the Vikings if Favre retires.
I doubt it too

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 04, 2010, 05:45:51 AM

The Vikings finally have a RB to take them to the next level.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : August 04, 2010, 06:28:42 AM

The Vikings finally have a RB to take them to the next level.

They already have the 2nd best running back in the league... Gerhart will be ok, but nothing special.

mjr5202

Rookie
#25 : August 04, 2010, 07:53:07 AM

The article nails it -- Brett "waffling" between retirement and playing is likely nothing more than a convenient way to skip out of training camp.

This has become alot more common lately with "old" guys...

Strahan held out conviently until the end of training camp the year the Gmen won, Favre did it last year, and I feel like haynesworth is pulling a somewhat similar antic in Washington (meaning I think he'll start practicing once TC is over).

lowlife

Starter

#26 : August 04, 2010, 08:02:12 AM

Why people take this guy seriously, I'll never know.

Minnesota is not a 'mediocre' team sans Favre.
They're set at every position (besides average Safety play and a spot or two on the OL) and still managed to win 10 with Jackson 2 seasons ago.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#27 : August 04, 2010, 08:28:03 AM

Not only do they not have a starting QB on the roster w/o Favre, they don't even have a guy I'd be comfortable with as a backup QB if I was building a team.

Rosenfels and Jackson are legitimately awful.

Hit-55

Starter

#28 : August 04, 2010, 08:57:31 AM

Man I am SO tired of this crap from Favre. Retire or play we don't care. You have to love the guy for what he does on the field but off  the field he is the biggest DIVA in the league.

Fire the cannons!!!

jlr0714

Starter
#29 : August 04, 2010, 10:01:32 AM

Favre's 'diva queen' act makes RuPaul look butch.   Have lost a ton of respect I had for the guy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings offer Favre $16 million plus to not retire « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools