Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well on to the Jags. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

: October 23, 2007, 11:11:22 AM

UFO... I hate to tell you but if you thought we couldn't run on Tennessee.. just wait until the soft Wade tries to block Henderson or Stroud. Man he is going to pancaked everytime.

First of all you're not a Bucs fan. Your a fan of the the whining media hacks. Your own hatred is going to destroy you. I'm sorry things in your life suck so bad.

The Jags are gonna get suckerpunched tonight. Sleep well.

I agree his life must really suck.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2007, 11:04:49 AM

I am going to predict that the Titans will win this game, and they will beat us up bad while doing it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 23, 2007, 10:53:31 AM

I don't know about a high scoring game for us but I'm expecting us to compete
and possibly pull out the win. How can somebody have fun watching their team
when they constantly think their team is going to get pummeled? I just don't
get it. We're 4-3, NOT 0-7.

#3 : October 23, 2007, 03:43:15 AM

31-14 Bucs

Hey monster! I'm with u. The Bucs are a different team at home. GOOOOO BUCS!!!!

:)   We will be playing with nothing but Fire and Vengeance!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 23, 2007, 12:29:49 AM

31-14 Bucs

Oh my.  :o

Their QB is out, closet, not their defense.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 23, 2007, 12:30:40 AM

31-14 Bucs

Hey monster! I'm with u. The Bucs are a different team at home. GOOOOO BUCS!!!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 23, 2007, 12:07:07 AM

Sorry but we're not the Dolphins. We have a shot to beat the Jags.

How did they do tonight?

#7 : October 23, 2007, 12:27:22 AM

31-14 Bucs

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 23, 2007, 12:16:45 AM

We're gonna win. Don't know the score. Maybe 13-10 again, maybe 16-13. But we get off to a fast start, let them use the clock against themselves, get a few turnovers and we walk out with a W. I know all the matchups and have seen us struggle against this team year after year. This time, we walk out with the W.

In Verner We Trust

blitz

Pro Bowler
#9 : October 23, 2007, 12:09:58 AM

a lopsided loss to the Jags AT HOME will destroy this team's confidence... the Jax game isnt a MUST win for us, but a win puts us in a terrific spot, so it is a HUGE game... losing Detroit was terrible on so many levels... it gave Carolina and New Orleans the edge in the NFC Conference record tie breaker... assuming NO, CAR and Tampa all finish 4-2 in the division, and we each split our games with each other (very likely by the way)... the NFC record is the tie breaker... Bucs LOST to Detroit and Seattle already in the NFC.. Carolina hasnt lost their NFC games yet, and New Orleans already beat Seattle... Detroit was huge.... the Arizona, San Fran and Washington games are HUGE... we win 2 of those and we're in good shape, we LOSE 2 of those, and we're in trouble...

WE??  You're playing?? Exactly which team do you root for??? 

BP1

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 23, 2007, 12:07:31 AM

i heard there might be flooding in the game next week , but it will not be a problem for the Jags because they can walk on water. Give me a friggin break!!!!!! [banghead]

Now it looks like this walking on water will need to take place with a bad ankle at QB and twisted knee at RB.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 23, 2007, 12:32:30 AM

31-14 Bucs

Oh my. :o

Their QB is out, closet, not their defense.

yeah but with all the 3 and outs their D will be tired.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 22, 2007, 08:17:07 PM

Jacksonville is a good team, not an elite team.  However, they do match up well vs. the Bucs.

The Pluses:

1.)  Graham, Hilliard, and Garcia played very well, and did indeed show a lot of heart.  With the game over, they played hard to the very end.
2.)  Graham has shown what a tremendous drain Caddy is on the WCO.  Graham is a hard working journeyman who doesn't have a third of the raw talent Caddy has.  What he does have is the will to be effective in the passing game, and the will to run hard after contact. 
3.)  I have no idea how Hilliard does it.  He is slow, and getting slower.  But he finds the seams, and gets it done.  Anyone remember the last time he dropped a ball?
4.)  Garcia has been huge.  Much better than I ever imagined.  How he stays healthy, I will never know.  He takes some tremendous hits all game long. 
5.)  The Bucs have played very well at home this year, so they do seem to come out quickly and keep up their energy.
6.)  While the Bucs would immediately become the NFC Dolphins w/o Garcia  because of their back up QB's, I feel comfortable with Bennett as a back up.  The guy hits the hole and has the speed to make team fear the running game. 
7.)  The Bucs DB's look excellent.  Lost in yesterdays debacle was how well they effectively frightened the pass happy Lions to go the running game and away from the ball hawking secondary. 

The Minuses:

1.)  The GCG trio is terrible.  Sears just gets runover, Wade is getting older by the minute, and Joseph can only be called a massive disappointment.  They are a bad fit for the Jags for reasons already mentioned.  The good news there is that as bad as they have been, Trueblood is worse.  It was said that Cornell Green made White look good.  Look at what Trueblood did for White yesterday. 
2.)  Ruud shocked me how well he played in September.  He is no longer shocking me.  That tackle vs. CJ was an all timer in Buc comedy lore.  The Lions, who can't run, ran at will.
3.)  The Bucs have the worst front 7 since the days of Dotson and Curry.  Haye is our best Dlinemen, which pretty much says it all.  It kills me to say it, but Brooks really does need to sit more.  June can't tackle, so maybe that is the only reason Brooks is still out there as a regular. 
4.)  Adams needs to step it up.  There is NO reason why he is that ineffective, even this early in his career.  Many elite pass rusher come on as rookies, so it is very reasonable that he should have flashed at least a little this season. 
5.)  Like Ruud, I was pleasantly shocked at the ST's.  Again, like Ruud, I am shocked no more.  Water reaches its own level, and guys like Ruud and Biasucka will show why they are bad at their roles with this team. 

If this game was in Jax, it would be a 90% loss.  But at home, at RJS, this team can make this a competitive game.  With Garcia, and the home cooking, this game is very much a possible win for the Bucs. 

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 22, 2007, 07:24:38 PM

UFO... I hate to tell you but if you thought we couldn't run on Tennessee.. just wait until the soft Wade tries to block Henderson or Stroud. Man he is going to pancaked everytime.

Well, Ghost, that may be - but the Titans are the #1 ranked rushing D in the league, and Jax is #10. If you use more advanced metrics, like Football Outsiders' DVOA, then TN is 8th, and Jax is 16th.

Jax has got the rep, but they've given up 175 yards to Chris Brown, and basically have played a bunch of teams that are near the bottom in terms of rushing the football - Houston (31st); KC (28th); Atlanta (23rd). They did have a great game against Denver (#9 rushing), but that's about it.

They are a good team - arguably the best left on our schedule. But this is the NFL where parity rules and even juggernauts fall. And the Jags aren't a juggernaut. I think its a little early to concede.

ilovebeer

Starter

#14 : October 22, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

I don't think we are going to run much against the Jags.  I say Graham will end up with like 15 carries for around 50 yards.  And then hopefully our D forces some mistakes and contains Jones-Drew.  Hopefully Garcia can just run around and make plays like he normally does.  I think Gruden will also have some tricks up his sleeve with using bennet.  We all got a glimpse of his homerun threat capability last week.  Even though is was a straight line run.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well on to the Jags. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools