Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Briggs Mad as HELL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« : March 12, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »

As for that fact that it's the team's right to franchise a guy, it's also the guy's right to be pissed about it and sit out a year.  This is still America and if someone isn't paying you what you want, you are under no obligation to work for them.

Exactly. His free choice: zero or $450,000 a week.

« #1 : March 13, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »

He has said he either wants to test the market, or have a long term deal offered to him.

He also said he'd never, ever play for the Bears again. But then again, he's also said if they cough up enough dough, he will.

I think we've all let emotions get in the way of better judgement at one time or another. I won't hold it against him. We all know he's after long term security and maybe being outspoken about it is his only avenue.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #2 : March 12, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »

I wish someone would insult me with $7.2 million.

scope88

Starter

« #3 : March 12, 2007, 07:53:52 PM »

Said he will sit out the year.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6562918

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 12, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »

he wants Brian Urlacher money,though

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #5 : March 12, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »

I wouldn't pay him Brian Urlacher money but I'd pay him a lot.  If you want star players you have to pay for them.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 12, 2007, 08:02:49 PM »

I'd take him if the price is... RIGHT BIOTCH!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 12, 2007, 08:02:54 PM »

It's not the amount that makes these guys mad, it's lack of long term stability and a signing bonus.  Football is a rough sport and you need to get all the money you can as soon as you can, because you never know what's going to happen on the next snap.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 12, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »

I wouldn't pay him Brian Urlacher money but I'd pay him a lot.  If you want star players you have to pay for them.
I agree he isn't on Urlacher level yet, but I would pay him. I wonder where he can be traded to?? Im thinking Det

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #9 : March 12, 2007, 08:07:59 PM »

i dont think anyone will trade for him what they would have a week ago. because now they know that they will release him eventually. i would like to see briggs here but i dont think he is nearly as good as alot of people think he is because he is playing right next to urlacher which has to be taking a whole lot of pressure off of him and lets him get to the ball, and he also has that good D line.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 12, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »

i dont think anyone will trade for him what they would have a week ago. because now they know that they will release him eventually. i would like to see briggs here but i dont think he is nearly as good as alot of people think he is because he is playing right next to urlacher which has to be taking a whole lot of pressure off of him and lets him get to the ball, and he also has that good D line.
say we bring in Briggs, are we moving Brooks to SAM?? If you say yes,i doubt it would happens regardless.

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #11 : March 12, 2007, 08:12:46 PM »

say we bring in Briggs, are we moving Brooks to SAM?? If you say yes,i doubt it would happens regardless.

thats another reason im starting to lean the other way on bringing briggs in....i know derrick is old but and slowing down but he will slow down even faster if you change the side of the field he is playing on

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 12, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »

thats another reason im starting to lean the other way on bringing briggs in....i know derrick is old but and slowing down but he will slow down even faster if you change the side of the field he is playing on

I believe the exact opposite.  The SAM linebacker has much less responsibility as far as sideline to sideline stuff.  We could extend Brooks' career by maybe 2 seasons with that move.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #13 : March 12, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »

It's not the amount that makes these guys mad, it's lack of long term stability and a signing bonus.  Football is a rough sport and you need to get all the money you can as soon as you can, because you never know what's going to happen on the next snap.

$7,200,000

Even if has a career ending injury this season he's still set for life.

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #14 : March 12, 2007, 08:35:16 PM »

I believe the exact opposite. The SAM linebacker has much less responsibility as far as sideline to sideline stuff. We could extend Brooks' career by maybe 2 seasons with that move.

you are right with that....but im just saying that by changing his position he will have to get used to something that he hasnt done probably since high school or maybe a little at FSU... and also he isnt the player he used to be and might not take the transition well...i hope u are right though
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Briggs Mad as HELL « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools