Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Sign CB Sammy Davis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 13, 2007, 02:40:19 PM

He is a project for the BUcs.  If they don't like what he brings, we'll never see him.

NO harm, no foul.

I suspect this puts Zemaitis on the hot seat...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 13, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

So we have: Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Juran Bolden, Alan Zemeitis, Torrie Cox, and Phillip Bucchanon as cornerbacks already.  Add in Sammy Davis and this gives you 7 quality backs.(quality doesn't nessecarily mean good, but guys capable of doing alright)

Maybe my prediction of Kelly to safety can become true.  So far we have Phillips and Allen as our only guarenteed to make the team safeties...
More like Barber to safety.  Kelly isn't going to pay safety.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 13, 2007, 02:43:18 PM

So we have: Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Juran Bolden, Alan Zemeitis, Torrie Cox, and Phillip Bucchanon as cornerbacks already.  Add in Sammy Davis and this gives you 7 quality backs.(quality doesn't nessecarily mean good, but guys capable of doing alright)

Maybe my prediction of Kelly to safety can become true.  So far we have Phillips and Allen as our only guarenteed to make the team safeties...

Are Cox, Zemaitis, and Davis "quality" DBs?

#18 : March 13, 2007, 02:43:50 PM

Cox is garbage

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 13, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Sammy Davis? Are Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra available too?

Badabingnrt

Starter

#20 : March 13, 2007, 02:45:00 PM

Brandentonian.....

not really, but thats why i said the parenthesis part.  They are capable of playing the position, unlike some guys we had in the past....Tim Wansley will never escape me....

Also, it's ashame that Zemaitis couldn't do anything.  I hope he ends up paining out

ChinaBucs19

Practice Squad
#21 : March 13, 2007, 02:48:20 PM

So we have: Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Juran Bolden, Alan Zemeitis, Torrie Cox, and Phillip Bucchanon as cornerbacks already. Add in Sammy Davis and this gives you 7 quality backs.(quality doesn't nessecarily mean good, but guys capable of doing alright)

Maybe my prediction of Kelly to safety can become true. So far we have Phillips and Allen as our only guarenteed to make the team safeties...

Are Cox, Zemaitis, and Davis "quality" DBs?

no but they are young with a bit of upside

rockowpb

Rookie

#22 : March 13, 2007, 02:52:08 PM

I have the new nickname for the Buc's secondary. The Rat Pack.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 13, 2007, 02:58:07 PM

Also, it's ashame that Zemaitis couldn't do anything.  I hope he ends up paining out

There's been a number of posts about him moving to safety..does anyone know if they had
him taking some snaps there during the season? Maybe that's why he was never active..learning
the new position. I remember him at PSU and he did look kinda 'thick'  and didn't seem
to have the hip movement you usually think of for a CB. But he looked like a guy that could
make the transition.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#24 : March 13, 2007, 03:09:14 PM

Also, it's ashame that Zemaitis couldn't do anything.  I hope he ends up paining out

There's been a number of posts about him moving to safety..does anyone know if they had
him taking some snaps there during the season? Maybe that's why he was never active..learning
the new position. I remember him at PSU and he did look kinda 'thick'  and didn't seem
to have the hip movement you usually think of for a CB. But he looked like a guy that could
make the transition.

He was a rookie! Why is it so hard to believe that he must learn the position in the Bucs system before they will put him on the field? There's this unfounded talk of moving AZ to safety out of no where. One question for those who are putting stock in that talk. When was the last time a rookie CB saw the field in Tampa? And how well did it turn out?

Our current starters at CB took there lumps and sat early in the careers and emerged as starters after learning the system. Is it entirely implausible to believe the same for Zemaitis?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 13, 2007, 03:14:49 PM

IIRC, the coaches loathed Barber as well as a rookie. I'm not saying Zemaitis will work out the same way, but we should give him some time. He was a day 2 guy after all.

Why we would ever want our best man corner - BK (do I even need to identify him) - play SAFETY??? What a monumental waste of a quality corner that would be.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : March 13, 2007, 03:15:40 PM

Could move to FS

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 13, 2007, 03:16:38 PM

Then we draft REG GIE  "THE ERASER"  NELSON.....YEAH..............

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#28 : March 13, 2007, 03:17:38 PM

IIRC, the coaches loathed Barber as well as a rookie. I'm not saying Zemaitis will work out the same way, but we should give him some time. He was a day 2 guy after all.

Why we would ever want our best man corner - BK (do I even need to identify him) - play SAFETY??? What a monumental waste of a quality corner that would be.

They used to call Kelly toast when it was his time to start and he turned out pretty well too right? People are too quick to make judgement on players without having a shred of information on how that person is doing. To them, if that players isn't starting halfway through his rookie season, then he isn't panning out. Ridiculous.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 13, 2007, 03:20:59 PM

He was a rookie! Why is it so hard to believe that he must learn the position in the Bucs system before they will put him on the field? There's this unfounded talk of moving AZ to safety out of no where. One question for those who are putting stock in that talk. When was the last time a rookie CB saw the field in Tampa? And how well did it turn out?

Our current starters at CB took there lumps and sat early in the careers and emerged as starters after learning the system. Is it entirely implausible to believe the same for Zemaitis?

I gotta agree here. Last year alot of people were happy we drafted him because he "fit" what this defense needs, now I'm reading from some that he's not cutting it?

Why anyone would actually pass judgement on his ability, especially as a rookie with limited playing time behind such a weak pass rush, is beyond me. And I would venture to say that Kiffin wasn't ready to throw the rookie to the wolves for no reason anyway..

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Sign CB Sammy Davis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools