Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS Sportsline Analysis of the Bucs Free Agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

: March 14, 2007, 08:38:45 AM

Not sure if this has been posted.  I don't live on this message board like some of you clowns.

From CBS.Sportsline.com

Tampa Bay: I just don't know what the plan is ... if there is a plan. The Buccaneers re-sign Chris Simms, then bring in Jeff Garcia. OK, that's good for Garcia, not good for Simms. Then they sign tackle Luke Petitgout after the Giants pass. Listen, New York needs offensive linemen like the Mideast needs peace, so when the Giants give up on a guy -- particularly someone who was their starting left tackle -- you have to wonder what's left. So I wonder. Patrick Chukwurah? My lasting memory of him was blowing cookies on the field against New England. I know he can play, but he was strictly second team on a Broncos defense that faded down the stretch. You sign him, let Dewayne White walk, and that's supposed to be a good thing? Sorry, don't get it.

Sounds like they are pretty dead on with the train wreck of an offseason Gruden, the wonder kid and his lackey Bruce Allen have had. 

I guess the draftniks should take a look at who the Bucs will pick with the #1 overall next year. 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : March 14, 2007, 08:48:54 AM

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The Giants actually have had one of the Top 5-10 offensive lines the last 2 seasons. The Garcia signing means we're gonna have one hell of a backup QB and able to withstand injury at that posistion.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 14, 2007, 08:59:36 AM

I guess the draftniks should take a look at who the Bucs will pick with the #1 overall next year. 

Care to make a wager that the Bucs will be picking #1 overall next season? I'll be glad to bet that they won't.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 14, 2007, 09:05:31 AM

Darren McFadden....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : March 14, 2007, 09:09:40 AM

Not sure if this has been posted. I don't live on this message board like some of you clowns.

From CBS.Sportsline.com

Tampa Bay: I just don't know what the plan is ... if there is a plan. The Buccaneers re-sign Chris Simms, then bring in Jeff Garcia. OK, that's good for Garcia, not good for Simms. Then they sign tackle Luke Petitgout after the Giants pass. Listen, New York needs offensive linemen like the Mideast needs peace, so when the Giants give up on a guy -- particularly someone who was their starting left tackle -- you have to wonder what's left. So I wonder. Patrick Chukwurah? My lasting memory of him was blowing cookies on the field against New England. I know he can play, but he was strictly second team on a Broncos defense that faded down the stretch. You sign him, let Dewayne White walk, and that's supposed to be a good thing? Sorry, don't get it.

Sounds like they are pretty dead on with the train wreck of an offseason Gruden, the wonder kid and his lackey Bruce Allen have had.

That's what it looks like if you put down the koolade! Top 10 for sure.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 14, 2007, 09:10:52 AM

Not really a balanced article nor does it portray potential reality. 

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 14, 2007, 09:11:14 AM

Darren McFadden....

It would be a QB to go along with a new coach if we were the worst team in the league. I really hope your not a Caddy hater...........

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 14, 2007, 09:12:22 AM

From CBS.Sportsline.com

The Buccaneers re-sign Chris Simms, then bring in Jeff Garcia. OK, that's good for Garcia, not good for Simms.

Yes, it IS better for Garcia than it is for Simms.  So.  What?  Having a competent backup qb on your team is a GOOD thing.  And whether it's Garcia or (probably more likely) Simms, we'll be far better off in that department than we were last year.  Personally, I'm more concerned with what's good for the team than what's good for Simms.

Then they sign tackle Luke Petitgout after the Giants pass. Listen, New York needs offensive linemen like the Mideast needs peace, so when the Giants give up on a guy -- particularly someone who was their starting left tackle -- you have to wonder what's left. So I wonder.

Has he seen OUR offensive line recently?  And what was the alternative?  Bringing in Leonard Davis?  If NY needs olinemen like the Mideast needs peace, I'd hate to think what Arizona needs olinemen like.

Patrick Chukwurah? My lasting memory of him was blowing cookies on the field against New England. I know he can play, but he was strictly second team on a Broncos defense that faded down the stretch. You sign him, let Dewayne White walk, and that's supposed to be a good thing? Sorry, don't get it.

I wonder what he thinks about apples?  Are they better than oranges?  Worse maybe?  Chukwurah wasn't brought in to be a starter and he got a FAR smaller contract than White did.  A fairer comparison would be Carter to White, but even then it wouldn't really be fair to compare them due to Carter's lack of a signing bonus.  The BEST comparison will be between White and the first day pick the team is almost certain to spend on a defensive end.

And it doesn't sound at ALL to me like you have a predetermined axe to grind.  Nope.  Not at all.

I would be very, VERY surprised if that were to happen.  I'm NOT saying the team is going to the Superbowl next year, but their having the first pick overall just strikes me as unlikely.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 14, 2007, 09:12:54 AM

Yeah explain to me the hate for Carnell again?  That seems to elude me lately as to why so many people are against the kid. ???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 14, 2007, 09:14:51 AM

That's what it looks like if you put down the koolade! Top 10 for sure.

And this from the Queen of Mean.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 14, 2007, 09:17:54 AM

So the Giant's just 'gave up' on Pett? Why is it the FA's we sign are looked upon as cast offs from
other teams. Beckles will insinuate that once in awhile.."there's a reason the other teams let them go".
Well couldn't that be said about every FA? New England must be really poor shape..they have signed
a number cast off's. I'm not sure why so many can't seem to see any plan either..we needed a vet qb,
a left tackle and DE.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 14, 2007, 09:20:46 AM

Darren McFadden....

It would be a QB to go along with a new coach if we were the worst team in the league. I really hope your not a Caddy hater...........
Not at all,I just think Darren McFadden is a very unique talent that would be tough to pass up. My second choice would probably be Brian Brohm, but I'm not sold on him just yet.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 14, 2007, 09:26:57 AM

I disagree with this.  IMO the FA moves this year have been focused on immediate improvement instead of building for the future.  I strongly doubt that we won't have a better record this year than last year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 14, 2007, 09:27:44 AM

Darren McFadden....

Not at all,I just think Darren McFadden is a very unique talent that would be tough to pass up. My second choice would probably be Brian Brohm, but I'm not sold on him just yet.

McFadden is a beast!

bklynbucs11

Starter

#14 : March 14, 2007, 09:29:55 AM

So the Giant's just 'gave up' on Pett? Why is it the FA's we sign are looked upon as cast offs from
other teams. Beckles will insinuate that once in awhile.."there's a reason the other teams let them go".
Well couldn't that be said about every FA? New England must be really poor shape..they have signed
a number cast off's. I'm not sure why so many can't seem to see any plan either..we needed a vet qb,
a left tackle and DE.

The Giants did not "Give up" on Pet. Pet was injured last year, and the Giants had $6 mill in cap room. The G-men were 6-2 with Pettitgout in the lineup and their offense put up a helluva lot more points - particularly in the passing game - during that stretch.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS Sportsline Analysis of the Bucs Free Agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools