Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS Sportsline Analysis of the Bucs Free Agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 14, 2007, 12:22:53 PM

Those guys were all signed by the more responsible and talented, Rich McKay.

I am in the minority when I say that I like Rich McKay but to say he is more responsible with the cap is far from the truth. The Falcons let Griffith walk and signed a FB for $3 mil per year while Griffith was signed dirth cheap by the Raiders.

So far, all you fans can offer is blind optimism.

You are obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.  Around these parts I am considered a HOJ (Hater of Jon).  But even I can see the truth that is in front of me.  Reality is the Glazers have already made their decision so why cry about it like a little girl baffles me.  So far the Bucs have not had a top five FA period nor a bottom five FA period.  Simply solid not great and not poor either.

I see a defense that is older, and has not made any moves to get younger or improve. I agree this could change with the draft, but right now it looks like they could be in for another long year. 

Teams become younger, cheaper through the draft and you pretty much answered your own question.  Maybe there is hope for you afterall?

I also see an offense that looked very lethargic and confused last year. I don't want to see something like that when the coach is considered an offensive genius.

It was a young offense in general (especially the o-line).

#31 : March 14, 2007, 12:53:36 PM

Yeah explain to me the hate for Carnell again?  That seems to elude me lately as to why so many people are against the kid. ???

He can't catch.... seemed to develop a knack for putting the ball on the ground.... is not a game breaker. Thats just my opinion, of course.

#32 : March 14, 2007, 12:55:53 PM

So the Giant's just 'gave up' on Pett? Why is it the FA's we sign are looked upon as cast offs from
other teams. Beckles will insinuate that once in awhile.."there's a reason the other teams let them go".
Well couldn't that be said about every FA? New England must be really poor shape..they have signed
a number cast off's. I'm not sure why so many can't seem to see any plan either..we needed a vet qb,
a left tackle and DE.

Is there not  a difference between a guy that reached free agency and a guy that was cut?

BucLord

Starter

#33 : March 14, 2007, 01:14:27 PM

This sounds like the Charlie Garner/Todd Steussie offseason all over again.

The thing is that we paid too much for those guys. We're getting the same type of players now, but the contracts are better. Just from the contracts that were reported, we are getting good deals. Maybe if you're just talking about upgrading the team because we probably won't be much better with our free agency.

True, but only if these old guys can wheel their way into the stadium.

The coach is a poor evaluator of talent. Just look at his drafts. He's also at the helm of an old team, that does not seem to trust him.

Gruden is not the final decision maker on the drafts. And I would not say the draft have been poor nor stellar.

Also the entire team in general is young. The Bucs have 5 picks in the top 100 of the draft. I am sorry but all of your arguements so far are empty and make no logical sense.

Yeah were young alright, our frekin 2nd and 3rd stringers

Garcia, Galloway, Brooks, Barber, Rice, Kelly, Alstott... yeah bro, I'd say you are wrong

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

blitz

Pro Bowler
#34 : March 14, 2007, 01:32:31 PM

I guess the draftniks should take a look at who the Bucs will pick with the #1 overall next year.

I disagree with this. IMO the FA moves this year have been focused on immediate improvement instead of building for the future. I strongly doubt that we won't have a better record this year than last year.

What kind of improvement are you predicting? We signed a senior citizen to "upgrade" our defense. A guy with a broken leg and back problems to "sure" up the O-line. And another old guy to "improve" our qb play.

This sounds like the Charlie Garner/Todd Steussie offseason all over again.

Alright Pat, drop the phoney name.  Your game is still the same.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 14, 2007, 01:35:21 PM

Pat doesn't use quotes.  Or periods.  Or commas.

#36 : March 14, 2007, 01:36:31 PM

I guess the draftniks should take a look at who the Bucs will pick with the #1 overall next year.
Brian Brohm

klb55

Starter

#37 : March 14, 2007, 01:38:04 PM

Not sure if this has been posted. I don't live on this message board like some of you clowns.

From CBS.Sportsline.com

Tampa Bay: I just don't know what the plan is ... if there is a plan. The Buccaneers re-sign Chris Simms, then bring in Jeff Garcia. OK, that's good for Garcia, not good for Simms. Then they sign tackle Luke Petitgout after the Giants pass. Listen, New York needs offensive linemen like the Mideast needs peace, so when the Giants give up on a guy -- particularly someone who was their starting left tackle -- you have to wonder what's left. So I wonder. Patrick Chukwurah? My lasting memory of him was blowing cookies on the field against New England. I know he can play, but he was strictly second team on a Broncos defense that faded down the stretch. You sign him, let Dewayne White walk, and that's supposed to be a good thing? Sorry, don't get it.

Sounds like they are pretty dead on with the train wreck of an offseason Gruden, the wonder kid and his lackey Bruce Allen have had.

That's what it looks like if you put down the koolade! Top 10 for sure.

Lloyd Grant:
I did a search on cbssportline.com and couldn't find it.  I'd like to read it from the source.

Karen:  

Are we to supposed to defer to your judgement.  I trust professional football coaches and GM decision making process then a few malcontents on a message board.  The Glazers are very successful people and I assume they know how run their team better than you.  Does that mean that we cannot question and discuss Bucs football and the decisions of the organization? No, but to imply that people who trust the organization are somehow Gruden/Allen robots that deaf, dumb, and blind is absurd.  

A general point to my fellow Buc fans.  The people who call Allen a puppet of John gruden are simply ignorant.  Do you think any GM doesn't consult the coaches as to players to acquire in free agency?  Absolutely not, you see the coaches understand why the offensive, defensive, and special team schemes and why game plans are not working.  The coaches know which players would make their systems work best.  It is the GMs responsibility to try to acquire the players within the framework of the team's salary cap with the long term interest in mind.  I'm all for debating the decisions being made.  I've read this board and the other board for years.  I will not post on the other board because the number of idiots is overwhelming.  This board has many good posters.  I will no longer sit idlely by while people insult the fans who support and trust the organization.  Maybe, if people stop listening to the idiots on 620 AM, stop reading the moronic sports writers in this town, and taking any rumor on the internet as fact you might be able  form your own informed, well thought-out position.  

acacius

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 14, 2007, 01:42:05 PM

Yeah were young alright, our frekin 2nd and 3rd stringers

Garcia, Galloway, Brooks, Barber, Rice, Kelly, Alstott... yeah bro, I'd say you are wrong

I'm not about to try to claim that the team doesn't have any age issues, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.  But to try to claim that they don't have any youth outside of their second and third strings is just as bad.  We have more than a few <30s who will be starting this year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 14, 2007, 01:46:03 PM

Lloyd Grant:
I did a search on cbssportline.com and couldn't find it.  I'd like to read it from the source.

Answering for Lloyd:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10057091

blitz

Pro Bowler
#40 : March 14, 2007, 01:47:16 PM

Pat doesn't use quotes.  Or periods.  Or commas.

Ya,  it's tough to type when you have a beer in each hand like McKayrish.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

#41 : March 14, 2007, 01:52:07 PM

Not sure if this has been posted. I don't live on this message board like some of you clowns.

From CBS.Sportsline.com

Tampa Bay: I just don't know what the plan is ... if there is a plan. The Buccaneers re-sign Chris Simms, then bring in Jeff Garcia. OK, that's good for Garcia, not good for Simms. Then they sign tackle Luke Petitgout after the Giants pass. Listen, New York needs offensive linemen like the Mideast needs peace, so when the Giants give up on a guy -- particularly someone who was their starting left tackle -- you have to wonder what's left. So I wonder. Patrick Chukwurah? My lasting memory of him was blowing cookies on the field against New England. I know he can play, but he was strictly second team on a Broncos defense that faded down the stretch. You sign him, let Dewayne White walk, and that's supposed to be a good thing? Sorry, don't get it.

Sounds like they are pretty dead on with the train wreck of an offseason Gruden, the wonder kid and his lackey Bruce Allen have had.

That's what it looks like if you put down the koolade! Top 10 for sure.

Lloyd Grant:
I did a search on cbssportline.com and couldn't find it.  I'd like to read it from the source.

Karen: 

Are we to supposed to defer to your judgement.  I trust professional football coaches and GM decision making process then a few malcontents on a message board.  The Glazers are very successful people and I assume they know how run their team better than you.  Does that mean that we cannot question and discuss Bucs football and the decisions of the organization? No, but to imply that people who trust the organization are somehow Gruden/Allen robots that deaf, dumb, and blind is absurd. 

A general point to my fellow Buc fans.  The people who call Allen a puppet of John gruden are simply ignorant.  Do you think any GM doesn't consult the coaches as to players to acquire in free agency?  Absolutely not, you see the coaches understand why the offensive, defensive, and special team schemes and why game plans are not working.  The coaches know which players would make their systems work best.  It is the GMs responsibility to try to acquire the players within the framework of the team's salary cap with the long term interest in mind.  I'm all for debating the decisions being made.  I've read this board and the other board for years.  I will not post on the other board because the number of idiots is overwhelming.  This board has many good posters.  I will no longer sit idlely by while people insult the fans who support and trust the organization.  Maybe, if people stop listening to the idiots on 620 AM, stop reading the moronic sports writers in this town, and taking any rumor on the internet as fact you might be able  form your own informed, well thought-out position. 

Here's the link.  It's about winners and losers.

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

klb55

Starter

#42 : March 14, 2007, 02:00:42 PM

Lloyd Grant:
I did a search on cbssportline.com and couldn't find it. I'd like to read it from the source.

Answering for Lloyd:

Thanks DTG.  Clarke writes ...if there is a plan.  What an absolute idiotic thing to write?  Does he actually believe that there is no plan?  I doubt it.  He he just being a smart azz because he doesn't know or cannot figure out the plan.  Regardless, I don't worry what Clarke Judge's opinion is.  Clarke Judge doesn't have enough information about the Buc's free agency plan, draft plan, 2007 season plan, and beyond for me to care what he thinks.  I'm certain there is a plan and the people formulating the plan know more about football than Clarke Judge.

Edited to include: thanks Lloyd for the response.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 14, 2007, 02:05:31 PM

Thanks DTG.  Clarke writes ...if there is a plan.  What an absolute idiotic thing to write?

Casual writing for casual fan consumption. Not really an in-depth analysis and I'd be willing to bet that Judge spent little more than 5 minutes scanning the list of FA moves and typing up his paragraph.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#44 : March 14, 2007, 02:15:08 PM

he doesnt know wat hes talkin about. he just hopes they are bad moves.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CBS Sportsline Analysis of the Bucs Free Agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools