Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Proposition 8 - OVERTURNED! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

« #15 : August 04, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »

Looks like BucGuru could be right. Seems to me there is some people who hale from Brokeback Mountain on this board.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 04, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »

Looks like BucGuru could be right. Seems to me there is some people who hale from Brokeback Mountain on this board.

....what?

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 04, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »

Looks like stupid is contagious. Because people think others should have certain rights they are those people? So white people who pushed civil rights were really black?

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

« #18 : August 04, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

Is it just me or does there seem to be alot of openly pro-gay people on this board? �

It's just you, and perhaps a few simpletons. What you are contorting as an "openly pro-gay" crowd consists mostly of people who are actually supporters of equal rights for everyone, because they're smart enough to realize that they best way to ensure their own rights is to protect the rights of others.

But, we've been over this exact point many times before. You continue to distort others position because you choose to remain willfully ignorant.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 04, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »

Is it just me or does there seem to be alot of openly pro-gay people on this board? �

It's just you, and perhaps a few simpletons. What you are contorting as an "openly pro-gay" crowd consists mostly of people who are actually supporters of equal rights for everyone, because they're smart enough to realize that they best way to ensure their own rights is to protect the rights of others.

But, we've been over this exact point many times before. You continue to distort others position because you choose to remain willfully ignorant.

This.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 04, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »

It will be interesting to see how this all works out - again the voters speak, and a judge overrules their wishes. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

white dragon

Practice Squad

« #21 : August 04, 2010, 08:03:50 PM »

Klink, laugh all you want and cry bigot, but step out of the comfort zone of America and you will soon discover this is an issue that is completely out of control.  Children are being forced into marriage or sold in many cases as young as 8-10.  People will cry it is due to the traditions of the culture/religion, but let's be open about this; it has a lot to do with sick adults fulfilling sick lusts.

LOL I love how it always turns to pedo or bestiality. As if they have any bearing on being gay.

PewterGoon

Starter
« #22 : August 04, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »

It will be interesting to see how this all works out - again the voters speak, and a judge overrules their wishes. 

And churches spend millions lobbying to get the amendment on the ballot, but don't lose their tax exempt status.  Yeah, those poor voters, I mean, they were just doing what was right to let those gay people not be as miserable as us married straight couples...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 04, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »

Nice work, Ill - X2

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 04, 2010, 09:03:34 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/04/california.same.sex.ruling/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

"A federal judge in California on Wednesday overturned the state's ban on same-sex marriage, saying the voter-approved rule violated the constitutional rights of gays and lesbians.
The decision, issued by Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker in San Francisco, is an initial step in what will likely be a lengthy legal fight over California's Proposition 8, which defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman."

SO, WE THE PEOPLE, WHICH IS WHAT DEFINES THE CONSTITUTION, IS WRONG, AND (1) SINGLE JUDGE GETS TO DECIDE THIS!!?? 

OH, AND FOR THE RECORD, THE JUDGE RULING IN THE CASE, IS OPENLY GAY!!

In another related story.....http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/04/is-a-second-american-revolution-coming/?hpt=T2

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A REVOLUTION!!!!

Whats the matter Guru, see something that excited you?
http://www.philosophy-religion.org/handouts/homophobia.htm

(full paper here http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CDMQFjAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychologytoday.com%2Ffiles%2Fu47%2FHenry_et_al.pdf&ei=iw1aTMOCE8H88AbVn92XCw&usg=AFQjCNHmFLG8n9XqGXtSmXz9OS7MATLMug&sig2=jp9GyMUE5y8eaxKbiKF_QA)

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 04, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »

Far from scientific, but I think you're wrong.  Check cnn.com.

www.Atlbucs.com

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : August 04, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »

I was under the impression Proposition 8 passed   ::) ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 04, 2010, 09:27:18 PM »

You know the people voted on (and passed) Prop 8, right?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 04, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »

You know the people voted on (and passed) Prop 8, right?
Yeah (and it doesn't make sense after the election) but I don't think that represented the state (or the country, really).  It seems to be an issue that if you're against it, you're willing to do anything to stop it - but if you're for it, its not that big of a deal unless it directly affects you. 

Shoulda specified. 

www.Atlbucs.com

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 04, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »

Far from scientific, but I think you're wrong.  Check cnn.com.

So 100k constitutional lawyers voted in the CNN poll? Methinks not. All this shows is that your average CNN user is very Liberal and supports Gay marriage. I bet you could have the same Poll on Fox News and have completely the opposite result. I must admit 2 things struck me immediately when I saw this.

1. OMG, Joe, 5,4,3,2,1 ... cut paste, cut paste, lecture time about "getting it", "enlightenment", "black v white marriage" etc and so forth. No overt persinal dig there Joe, honestly, I just rolled my eyes and thought here we go.

2. If the people of California voted for this in their Constitution, how can be unconstitutional? Then the brain went back to work and I realized he essentially saying that the US Constitution over-rides State Constitutions. Fair point, and reading the bits I have show this,  but I think he leaves his opinion open to appeal on the grounds that he says there is no moral reason to deny rights. IMO this is flaky because every criminal law we have (for example not advocating criminalizing homosexuality), is based on morality. We think it is wrong to steal, we think it is wrong to murder etc.

Again, it is only my opinion but this verdict had one, and only one goal and that was to get this matter to the Supreme Court. It also begs another question IMO and that is the States rights issue.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Proposition 8 - OVERTURNED! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools