Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who here thinks Mike Williams would be a great sleeper pick late? « previous next »
Page: 1

burger40

Hall of Famer

: August 05, 2010, 10:46:26 PM

If he is the number one WR this season he'll get a lot of looks and be a spot starter on bye weeks and/or 3 WR leagues.

also i think Caddy might be a top 20 back if they stop taking him out every other series.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

fortydeuce

Rookie

#1 : August 06, 2010, 06:40:16 AM

I grabbed him in the last round of a draft I did this past weekend. Very few people outside of Bucs fans even know who he is much less know he has a chance to be our #1.

This particular league is PPR so even if he produces in the 50/700/5 range, it would be a steal considering where he was drafted. I would imagine he can be drafted extremely late in every league this year, unless you play with other Buc fans of course.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 06, 2010, 11:34:08 AM

Funny picture deuce.
I agree on both counts.
He's going to be worth a late round flier AND he should be available in a large majority of drafts that don't have Bucs fans as fellow owners.

Turn the page.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 06, 2010, 12:11:06 PM

I picked him up in the FA after the draft. Very few will pick him so he should skate away due to being a rookie and not known.

I also got Josh Freeman as an FA too.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#4 : August 07, 2010, 04:48:08 PM

I've been in a few mock drafts on the Yahoo fantasy site and besides myself I only seen on other dude draft Mike Williams.  I picked him as my last position player (13th round with only a kicker and defense left to choose).  On the other hand a lot of people have been drafting Benn, the only reason I would guess is that yahoo actually gave him a decent pre-season ranking due to his high draft position, similar to Golden Tate in Seattle.  So to answer your question, yes I think Mike Williams would be a steal in the late rounds of any draft (10, 12, 14 team, ppr or no ppr).......

X Factor

Starter
#5 : August 14, 2010, 11:36:16 AM

Yea my draft is not for a another 2 weeks, I am sure Mike Williams will be on a lot of peoples radar as far as a late round sleeper by then.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

burger40

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 05, 2010, 10:46:26 PM

If he is the number one WR this season he'll get a lot of looks and be a spot starter on bye weeks and/or 3 WR leagues.

also i think Caddy might be a top 20 back if they stop taking him out every other series.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

fortydeuce

Rookie

#7 : August 06, 2010, 06:40:16 AM

I grabbed him in the last round of a draft I did this past weekend. Very few people outside of Bucs fans even know who he is much less know he has a chance to be our #1.

This particular league is PPR so even if he produces in the 50/700/5 range, it would be a steal considering where he was drafted. I would imagine he can be drafted extremely late in every league this year, unless you play with other Buc fans of course.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 06, 2010, 11:34:08 AM

Funny picture deuce.
I agree on both counts.
He's going to be worth a late round flier AND he should be available in a large majority of drafts that don't have Bucs fans as fellow owners.

Turn the page.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 06, 2010, 12:11:06 PM

I picked him up in the FA after the draft. Very few will pick him so he should skate away due to being a rookie and not known.

I also got Josh Freeman as an FA too.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#10 : August 07, 2010, 04:48:08 PM

I've been in a few mock drafts on the Yahoo fantasy site and besides myself I only seen on other dude draft Mike Williams.  I picked him as my last position player (13th round with only a kicker and defense left to choose).  On the other hand a lot of people have been drafting Benn, the only reason I would guess is that yahoo actually gave him a decent pre-season ranking due to his high draft position, similar to Golden Tate in Seattle.  So to answer your question, yes I think Mike Williams would be a steal in the late rounds of any draft (10, 12, 14 team, ppr or no ppr).......

X Factor

Starter
#11 : August 14, 2010, 11:36:16 AM

Yea my draft is not for a another 2 weeks, I am sure Mike Williams will be on a lot of peoples radar as far as a late round sleeper by then.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who here thinks Mike Williams would be a great sleeper pick late? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools