Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will take lead? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 06, 2010, 12:08:59 AM »

for what they are paying him and what players they passed on to take him McCoy has to be a leader.  another reason why Gaines Adams was a horrible pick.  It was obvious to all he was too quiet and laid back to serve in that role.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 06, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »

Good article and I thought it was pretty accurate. That's one of the things I'm so excited about in the upcoming years. It feels like 95-97 again when we saw young players emerge into leaders and leaders turn into franchise legends.

Ruud is the QB of the defense according to everyone, but we are hearing a lot about Geno Hayes and how he's taking charge of things. We have Barber in the secondary and it looks like Talib may finally have his business together. The line should be led by McCoy and he's got a nice supporting cast around him as well.

I truly think this defense is going to turn some heads this year... maybe even shock a few unsuspecting offenses.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #17 : August 06, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »

"You look at Raheem and we know we have to be just like him to be successful because that's how he wants our team to be."

I believe comments like that are called "Java bait".

I got my popcorn ready, I only wish I can see the reaction on Java's face when he reads that one.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 06, 2010, 12:33:18 AM »

Good to hear about Aqib Talib.  VERY VERY good.   :)

Balls Out

Starter
« #19 : August 06, 2010, 12:57:08 AM »

With everything we've heard about Quincy this offseason it wouldn't surprise me to see him emerge as a leader...ideally you'd like to have one of your leaders to be the "enforcer" on your team (i.e. Sapp) that everybody respects and nobody wants to mess with...I don't see McCoy, Talib, ect...filling that role.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #20 : August 06, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »

Good to hear about Aqib Talib.  VERY VERY good.   :)

I've been quietly optimistic about Aqib but after catching up on TC so far, I think he is going to have a monster year. I'm talkin Darrelle Revis type year. I mean that too.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 06, 2010, 01:07:16 AM »

Winslow's honeymoon with the Bucs is over. You will hear him start to become more vocal this season. Hopefully, in a good way but you never know with him.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 06, 2010, 01:09:04 AM »

With everything we've heard about Quincy this offseason it wouldn't surprise me to see him emerge as a leader...ideally you'd like to have one of your leaders to be the "enforcer" on your team (i.e. Sapp) that everybody respects and nobody wants to mess with...I don't see McCoy, Talib, ect...filling that role.

I wouldn't mess with Talib.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Balls Out

Starter
« #23 : August 06, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »

I wouldn't mess with Talib.

Neither would I...but the big horses on the line, i.e. Kyle Moore, wouldn't be too intimidated by him.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will take lead? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools