Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Gamblers... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 08, 2010, 04:25:15 AM

I had a friend whose brother lost money betting sports and owed his bookie some cash. "Big Sal" showed up at his house.

True story.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 08, 2010, 08:57:16 AM

Not many people win consistently gambling.  Many of the top poker pros you see on TV have been bankrupt in the past.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 08, 2010, 05:54:12 PM

Well I won over $2,000 this weekend at the Beau Rivage.  Not bad for 2 days work - considering they flied us up there, put us up in a deluxe room, and fed us all weekend.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 08, 2010, 06:07:05 PM

I just do online for sports and some poker. I've won 200 plus in one tournament in poker and i've lost almost 120 in buyins with only some small finishes.

most i've won on sports is 60 bucks for one game and lost 50. however now that i'm not in college and have full time work i'm going to be betting units that are bigger than 10 dollars per unit.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 08, 2010, 06:25:51 PM

Like Joe I have won a fair bit:  $12k first prize online, $8k 2nd, and lots of smaller wins.  Over time you lose it or spend far too much time playing its hardly worth it.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 08, 2010, 06:45:21 PM

Last time I went I played blackjack with X amount of money. X amount of money got cut in half, went to video poker bet max hit a royal flush and got all the way back to X. Stopped there and enjoyed the playoff game that was on in the bar.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 08, 2010, 09:31:50 PM

One of my recent big losses was at the GN. So, the next time I "visited" Vegas, (they think I still live in LA) I was comped three days and two nights in a suite with $250 a day in food and drinks. That's great and made for a nice 8th anniversary celebrating with the wife last month. But if I had just bought the room in the first place, it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper than losing all that money. Then again, they don't base the comps on how much you win or lose. It's based on how much you're betting (Per hand, if its blackjack) and for how long you play.

That time I won $4K at the GN over a three month period, they comped me $200 for dinner. So, it was really nice to get the win AND have the comp.

kbl11

Starter

#37 : August 09, 2010, 02:13:24 AM

Played 4 NFL games one sunday 5 or 6 years back and lost them all (about $300), and havent bet sports since. I think bett8ing the NFL is like flipping a coin. Im glad I learned my lesson early in life and without losing much.

I play poker online and have done well the last 3 months. I havent played online in a few years and just started back up. I play single table tourneys, usually 9 man $20 buy in and my ROI in those is 45%. For some reason I NEVER win when I try the $10 or $5 buy ins, I think its because the players are worse or they just play worse because they dont care as much about losing $10.

Im learning that the most important thing is knowing when to step away. Im pretty good, Ill stop playing for a couple days if I lose 50-$60 and Ive managed to do well managing my bankroll. My dad is a much better player than me but he has an Irish temper and tends to just play for higher and higher dollar amounts and lose more and more when hes down. Its actually a sad thing to watch

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 09, 2010, 11:38:48 AM

Played 4 NFL games one sunday 5 or 6 years back and lost them all (about $300), and havent bet sports since. I think bett8ing the NFL is like flipping a coin. Im glad I learned my lesson early in life and without losing much.

I play poker online and have done well the last 3 months. I havent played online in a few years and just started back up. I play single table tourneys, usually 9 man $20 buy in and my ROI in those is 45%. For some reason I NEVER win when I try the $10 or $5 buy ins, I think its because the players are worse or they just play worse because they dont care as much about losing $10.

Im learning that the most important thing is knowing when to step away. Im pretty good, Ill stop playing for a couple days if I lose 50-$60 and Ive managed to do well managing my bankroll. My dad is a much better player than me but he has an Irish temper and tends to just play for higher and higher dollar amounts and lose more and more when hes down. Its actually a sad thing to watch

I might sound crazy but I really don't trust online poker. It just doesn't seem fair, I need to see who I'm playing, plus it takes away the whole showmanship of bluffing and tells.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 09, 2010, 06:29:06 PM

I used to do OK playing single table $50 buy ins on Party Poker.  Averaged about $1500-$2000 a month profit for a while.  Then they banned me!

These days its a lot harder.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 09, 2010, 09:14:36 PM

I might sound crazy but I really don't trust online poker. It just doesn't seem fair, I need to see who I'm playing, plus it takes away the whole showmanship of bluffing and tells.

I fully agree.

-------------------------------------------------------

kbl11

Starter

#41 : August 10, 2010, 02:02:42 AM

I like online poker because its convenient. I can multitask and play, rather than making an event out of going somewhere to play. Im not really into that

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 10, 2010, 08:51:52 AM

I used to do OK playing single table $50 buy ins on Party Poker.  Averaged about $1500-$2000 a month profit for a while.  Then they banned me!

These days its a lot harder.

Why did they ban you?

gruber

Pro Bowler

#43 : August 10, 2010, 09:07:14 AM

Football got me 3 years ago. I went down $5000 by the third week. Stopped and haven't bet since. I do give my $20 a week for a 13 run and a 33 but thats it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Gamblers... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools