Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow hazed.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

obuc

Starter

#15 : August 08, 2010, 05:54:44 PM

A local TV anchor on Local 6 Orlando loves the guy. She might have a change of mind. That is a Friar Tuck cut though. Never seen anything like that.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 08, 2010, 06:32:33 PM

Well he went from Saint Tim to Friar Tim.   I still like em Hate, my man.  It sure looks godawful......still with the lights out.....just sayin

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 08, 2010, 06:49:16 PM

LOL at Lady! As my friend would say, "beauty is only a light switch away!" :)

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 09, 2010, 12:48:59 AM

You have to be a complete idiot or wuss to let guys do this to your hair and damn get off the DEZ is a prima donna thing as a player that is better than the other player does not carry pads - let me make this clear, DEZ is better than Roy Williams so if anybody should be carrying pads it should be Roy.  Had Roy just kept his mouth shut and not said DEZ would be their full-time return guy DEZ would have respected him a lot more but Roy did what he always does - talk but not back it up!!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 09, 2010, 12:50:55 AM

Bet there are a lot of rednecks in Gainesville, Jacksonville, Arcadia, Ocala and Plant City stealing toilet seat covers wanting this haircut over a set of new Wranglers for the school year!!

#20 : August 09, 2010, 11:32:03 AM

now that idiot has more space to quote scripture.  he looks like a monk

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 09, 2010, 01:55:47 PM

Samari -- as has been said before -- it makes no difference in how talented a rookie is vs the established veteran. He's looked at by the veterans as a rookie that has to earn respect and pay his dues. All of the vets had to do it when it was their time and now it's their turn to be on the other side. Just like Freshman initiation handled by the Seniors.

T

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 09, 2010, 03:24:49 PM

You have to be a complete idiot or wuss to let guys do this to your hair and damn get off the DEZ is a prima donna thing as a player that is better than the other player does not carry pads - let me make this clear, DEZ is better than Roy Williams so if anybody should be carrying pads it should be Roy. Had Roy just kept his mouth shut and not said DEZ would be their full-time return guy DEZ would have respected him a lot more but Roy did what he always does - talk but not back it up!!

Dez Bryant is a certified punk, hazing is a football and ports tradition that builds chemistry and comradery, and is a lasting bond of brotherhood between players in any sport. Dez Bryant thinks he is above that tradition, Tim Tebow and the other Bronco rookies welcomed the hazing tradition to build bonds of brotherhood with their established teammates. Can't tell you how many times I got my head shaved in High School when I made a varsity team, it's a chemistry building activity. Some players embrace it no matter how big their ego is for the betterment of the team and others like Dez Bryant reject it.

ilovebeer

Starter

#23 : August 09, 2010, 03:26:23 PM

Did anyone catch any Freeman hazing?  Or any of our high draft picks?  Preferably something better then carrying pads...

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 09, 2010, 03:27:41 PM

Did anyone catch any Freeman hazing?  Or any of our high draft picks?  Preferably something better then carrying pads...

Only hazing we know about is carrying pads and picking up checks I believe, I asked PR recently and that's what they said.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 09, 2010, 05:35:32 PM

Dez Bryant is a certified punk

To Bryant's defense, he "says" he knew nothing of the tradition and thought that Roy was just f'ing with him. Had he known, he'd carry his entire uniform. Personally, if i was him, i'm not carrying anything from Roy. Romo or Ware? yes.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 09, 2010, 05:41:28 PM

To Bryant's defense, he "says" he knew nothing of the tradition and thought that Roy was just f'ing with him. Had he known, he'd carry his entire uniform. Personally, if i was him, i'm not carrying anything from Roy. Romo or Ware? yes.

It usually doesnt work that way though... in my own experience in the fire service.. tradition is huge. There are things as a rookie we have to deal with, and have to deal with them whether the vets are idiots or not Ithere are many of those).  It's just a right of passage thing.. I also heard Dez didnt realize what it was about and if that is truly the case then ok. If he did know and oinly did it because is was Williams.. then big fail for him IMO.

T

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 09, 2010, 05:47:22 PM

I don't buy the ignorance stance. So you mean to tell me the guy played sports all his life and through the collegiate ranks and he never heard of hazing traditions...did his agent not give him a heads up that Vets haze over paid rookies? If so that's a horrible agent.

Remember this is the same guy who "forgot" his cleats to a workout.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 09, 2010, 05:51:14 PM

I don't buy the ignorance stance. So you mean to tell me the guy played sports all his life and through the collegiate ranks and he never heard of hazing traditions...did his agent not give him a heads up that Vets haze over paid rookies? If so that's a horrible agent.

I don't recall hearing of any hazing in Tampa. Perhaps PR can enlighten us.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

T

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 09, 2010, 05:55:49 PM

I don't recall hearing of any hazing in Tampa. Perhaps PR can enlighten us.
Usually done by Veterans, what respectable Vets do the Bucs have in previous years I've heard of players leaving rookies with the dinner bill or carrying their pads. Sapp would make rookies sing their College's fight song. Different teams and Vets have different ways of hazing rookies.

Point is still being overlooked that Dez Bryant thought he was above a tradition, and the stance of ignorance is just an excuse for him being a punk. If other rookies are okay with being hazed to build bonds with their teammates, why not Dez? People can defend him with his ignorance is bliss stand point, but it just comes off as a lazy excuse for another diva WR

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow hazed.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools