Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow hazed.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 09, 2010, 06:00:01 PM

Funny that you say respectable vets because thats the problem i have with Roy. I don't think he has the clout to be involved in these antics. Romo, Ware, Barber... yessir. I(me) would not carry Roy's pads and being a diva has nothing to do with it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 09, 2010, 06:05:00 PM

Funny that you say respectable vets because thats the problem i have with Roy. I don't think he has the clout to be involved in these antics. Romo, Ware, Barber... yessir. I(me) would not carry Roy's pads and being a diva has nothing to do with it.

Again.. I can only relate to the fire rescue service. Clout isnt involved.. Dez is a rookie.. Williams is not. Whether Williams is a star or not doesnt matter in my experience.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 09, 2010, 06:05:51 PM

Did anyone catch any Freeman hazing? Or any of our high draft picks? Preferably something better then carrying pads...

Only hazing we know about is carrying pads and picking up checks I believe, I asked PR recently and that's what they said.
thats all it should be.  this is over the top and should be banned.  Or how about the beatings to Saints rookies under Ditka?

T

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 09, 2010, 06:07:48 PM

Still Vets even ones as bad as Roy Williams, and Michael Clayton deserve respect. I would've believed Dez if he claimed to not want to carry anyone's pads he's competing with for playing time. The ignorance stance just comes off as he's not very intelligent.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 09, 2010, 08:37:51 PM

Just because some teams have the "tradition" it does not mean every team does as I never went through hazing in high school and college.  Again, why would DEZ carry a punk biotch's pads when Roy was talkin smack from the second they drafted him - sorry but DEZ is nobody's biotch, rookie or no rookie and seriously who the hell is Roy Williams other than another over-priced drama queen. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 09, 2010, 08:42:07 PM

Just because some teams have the "tradition" it does not mean every team does as I never went through hazing in high school and college. Again, why would DEZ carry a punk biotch's pads when Roy was talkin smack from the second they drafted him - sorry but DEZ is nobody's biotch, rookie or no rookie and seriously who the hell is Roy Williams other than another over-priced drama queen.

If thats the silly hazing that team has as tradition...then regardless of what vet pulls that crap.. he shoulda just done it.. Sorry..different POV here...

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 09, 2010, 08:46:15 PM

I'm not carrying anything that belongs to someone I don't respect, hell I'm not even talking to him.  Everybody is missing the point, DEZ is there to play football and win games not carry a 3rd string WR's pads.  Hell thats like saying Josh Freeman should carry Bruce Gradkowski's pads or Gerald should carry Dre Moore's pads - yeah not gonna happen.  Just because something is "tradition" it does not make it right or thing that has to be done and notice not many people other than Roy and a couple others said anything?  Yeah, how did Roy do last night?

I work for a LE agency and my brothers both served in the military, I played high school and college ball and gotta tell you none of us were ever hazed!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 09, 2010, 08:50:35 PM

Dez Bryant is a certified punk

To Bryant's defense, he "says" he knew nothing of the tradition and thought that Roy was just f'ing with him. Had he known, he'd carry his entire uniform. Personally, if i was him, i'm not carrying anything from Roy. Romo or Ware? yes.
I don't buy the ignorance stance. So you mean to tell me the guy played sports all his life and through the collegiate ranks and he never heard of hazing traditions...did his agent not give him a heads up that Vets haze over paid rookies? If so that's a horrible agent.

Remember this is the same guy who "forgot" his cleats to a workout.

I don't recall hearing of any hazing in Tampa. Perhaps PR can enlighten us.
Brooks said once that the vets on D used to make Marquis Cooper (RIP) pay for Popeye's Chicken for road games.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 09, 2010, 08:53:52 PM

I think respect plays a very large part in it. I agree with Samari.... if i'm Dez, i am not carryin Roy's pads.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : August 10, 2010, 12:03:51 AM

Tim Tebow.. the most famous white Bronco since O.J. Simpson.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 10, 2010, 08:40:29 PM

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/10/peyton-manning-on-rookie-hazing-and-haircuts-we-dont-do-that/

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 10, 2010, 08:48:07 PM

Buccs had rookie night up until this year.  Sapp told stories of rookies bringing in food routinely bc they were rookies.  Different teams, at different times, handle the entry into the league in their way.  I don't know that there is a single right way.  Was Dez wrong, maybe for the situation, maybe not for him.  He did pull back as I recall, when the Cowboys  vets 'explained' it to him, at that his the impression I got in reading about it

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 10, 2010, 10:15:54 PM

Aug 10, 2010

With friar haircut gone, a freshly shorn Tim Tebow takes field for Broncos

One of the ugliest hairdos in NFL history is no more.

Tim Tebow took the field for the Denver Broncos on Tuesday with a buzzcut, devoid of the friar-like haircut veterans had given him on Saturday.

Tim Tebow had another new haircut on Tuesday.

By Jack Dempsey, AP

And the rookie QB was laughing about the initiation process veterans made him go through.

"It was just something that we did to have fun," Tebow told ESPN. "It was a team building/chemistry activity."

We had a lot of fun doing it. All the other rookies had to go through the same thing."

-- Sean Leahy

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 10, 2010, 10:17:39 PM

And that's why all the Broncos are getting injured.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 10, 2010, 10:19:24 PM

the samson curse... LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow hazed.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools