Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Hayward:Next Years Starting Middle Linebacker? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

obuc

Starter

#105 : August 09, 2010, 10:14:12 AM

What does Watson weigh? He would only need to put  on 15 pounds or so right?

obuc

Starter

#106 : August 09, 2010, 10:16:54 AM

Found this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=380242

i assume they are talking about our Watson.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#107 : August 09, 2010, 10:38:05 AM

OBuc,  Dekado Watson played his entire college career at 220lbs. He some how managed to weigh in at 240lbs at the combine, but was back to 220lbs at his pro day a week later. He's got a very lean "ripped" build and is in amazing shape, but I definetly think he should be trying to get upto a legit 240lbs.

PWNASAURUS....we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think Ruud is a very good MLB and nothing you say will change my mind, just as nothing I say will change yours. I guess time will tell. We'll see this season who is right about Ruud.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#108 : August 09, 2010, 10:39:26 AM

Until Ruud figures out how to defend the run better, he wont get the sort of contract I believe he wants.  Therefore, it is likely he will be gone after this year.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#109 : August 09, 2010, 10:55:19 AM

Until Ruud figures out how to defend the run better, he wont get the sort of contract I believe he wants. Therefore, it is likely he will be gone after this year.

Do you really think he doesn't know how to defend the run vs not having adequate dline help?  I mean if he's still draging guys down 4 and 5 yards beyond the LOS then all of his haters are correct, but I expect a different Ruud this season with McCoy, Price, and Miller...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#110 : August 09, 2010, 11:20:39 AM

Ruud was great at stopping the run in 2007 and 2008. Even for most of 2009, untill the end when Brooks was playing hurt and Hovan became usless and our whole defense imploded. Then he looked bad last year with a horrible supporting cast and all the sudden he sucks and can't play the run?

Ruud did make mistakes last year, he did get run over sometimes. Once he even got ran over by a QB. He's not perfect, but the truth is that most of the time Ruud was 10 yards back in coverage where he was suppose to be and he had to run over and make a drag down tackle from awkward angles because someone else missed their tackle. If it wasn't for Ruud's hustle and ability to make those 142 drag down tackles, we would have much worse on defense than we already were.

If we get solid play from our front seven and everyone is doing thier job...and Ruud looks bad, then I'll be the first to wish him well and send him on his way, but I know that won't happen. He has already shown that when the rest of the front seven play well, he can do his job and do it well. It's not just my opinion, go back and watch the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

#111 : August 09, 2010, 11:26:49 AM

Hmm once again I need to teach you the English language as I never said I hated you or Huggins, plus never said he sucked, just that he is not all that and he will be a fill-in.  Where did I say I have anything against you or that Huggins sucks??  Dude you need to not be so sensitive!!

Hey, it would be nice if Huggins turns out to be a stud but my money says not gonna happen.  Could he eventually be a third down back, yes but is that anything special?

Now lets get the real issue with your post - TWENTY teams that would love to have Ruud as their starter???  Are you sure about that one??

Lets see 49ers......mmmmmm NO Patrick Willis is still there - there's one down
Seahawks - mmmmmm Tatupa is still there - there's two down
Ravens - doubt hippy man could carry Ray Lewis' jock so there's three down
Saints - please see Ravens other than the fact they have Vilma, not Lewis - thats four down
Bears - yeah I just don't see Ruud playing over Urlacher - five down
Panthers - hippy boy is no Jon Beason - six down
Vikings - gotta go with EJ Henderson over Ruud here - seven down
Falcons - yeah had we drafted Weatherspoon I bet he would be starting here so eight down
Packers - I think goonie man is still there (dude from Ohio State) and I could be wrong but I think he plays MLB so regardless hippy boy does not start here either - nine down (getting close)
Colts - Brackins is not all that but he is better than hippy boy - ten down
Texans - Demeco Ryans or Ruud, hmmm guess I will take me some Ryans - eleven down
Raiders - even though he is a rookie I would take him over Ruud - twelve down
Who will be the 13th team??????
Dallas with Brooking??, Washington with London Fletcher??, Jacksonville (hell I don't even know who plays MLB for them)??, Jets??

Point is there are a lot of much better MLB's than Ruud is and he is nothing but average.  If we were so high on Ruud we wouldn't have been after Spikes and Ruud would already be locked up long-term!!!

Yawn, why mention Weatherspoon? He isn't a ILB for the Falcons, Lofton is. Also the Packers run a 3-4 D. And lol at the Jets, the may have one of the top ILB duos in the NFL with Harris and Scott.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#112 : August 09, 2010, 11:31:47 AM

Found this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=380242

i assume they are talking about our Watson.

Be nice if they could spell the guy's name correctly.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#113 : August 09, 2010, 11:33:58 AM

Until Ruud figures out how to defend the run better, he wont get the sort of contract I believe he wants. Therefore, it is likely he will be gone after this year.

Ruud could price himself out of the market, at least long enough for the Bucs to look elsewhere however he'll likely get a contract at starters money somewhere. At this point the only way it's "likely" that he's gone is if the coaching staff is not returned and the Bucs move away from the Tampa 2.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#114 : August 09, 2010, 11:50:57 AM

Where did I say "right now"?? I said Watson/Hayes/Black is better than Hayes/Black/Ruud and that I would re-sign Ruud for a back-up so hmmm that sounds like next year to me!! Got news for ya all the alleged love for Huggins is just talk as he may get some carries over Peanut but he will not get them before Cadillac, Ward or even Graham. Who has been talking about Huggins because I have also heard Preston Parker's name from Raheem more than Huggins and do you really think Parker's gonna make this team let alone get any significant playing time. Wouldn't that be comical if Parker made it over your boy Huggins!! Hell, Michael Spurlock brings more to the team than Huggins at this point in time.

Anyday you wanna put your money where your mouth is on Huggins I am game as Huggins will never be nothing more than a fill-in for the regular RB's, in my opinion.

Dude your a moron.
False....You're a moron.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#115 : August 09, 2010, 11:53:32 AM

At this point the only way it's "likely" that he's gone is if the coaching staff is not returned and the Bucs move away from the Tampa 2.

arent we already moving away from the tampa2?  wasnt the tampa2 based on pressure from the front4 while keeping everything front of a fast back 7?  isnt the new direction of the team a more aggressive blitzing unit?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

lowlife

Starter

#116 : August 09, 2010, 12:15:07 PM

Heyward will get a shot at SLB long before Watson does.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#117 : August 09, 2010, 12:24:11 PM

Heyward will get a shot at SLB long before Watson does.

If it's due to injury and it happens this year, I'd agree 100%

If we are talking about next year and it's an open competition, then I don't see Heyward beating out Watson or anyone else. Dude is a career back up.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#118 : August 09, 2010, 12:24:16 PM

At this point the only way it's "likely" that he's gone is if the coaching staff is not returned and the Bucs move away from the Tampa 2.

arent we already moving away from the tampa2? wasnt the tampa2 based on pressure from the front4 while keeping everything front of a fast back 7? isnt the new direction of the team a more aggressive blitzing unit?

What I'm getting at is that a new staff could bring different requirments...ie...bigger backers, etc.

What the team is currently doing is enhancing what was already in place....or trying to.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#119 : August 09, 2010, 02:07:18 PM

we have alot of deals to do next offseason, the play of hayward and demar dotson seems like it could determine whether ruud and trueblood get offers at all.  the reports in practice seem good and they have a full season to develop further.  i would put tanard and davin joseph ahead of them (ruudtrueblood) on the priority list among our RFAs, especially if their backups flash something special

ruud will look significantly better this year, that's almost a lock.  so the question will end up being whether or not we agree with his agent on his resulting value.  any type of season that's good enough for him to get consideration for a long-term deal as a starter will probably result in ruud demanding top 5 MLB money
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Hayward:Next Years Starting Middle Linebacker? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools