Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Hayward:Next Years Starting Middle Linebacker? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

lowlife

Starter
#15 : August 08, 2010, 07:26:59 PM

I know its early and a lot can happen during the season 4 needs headed into next years draft:

Defensive end
Linebacker
Running back
tackle

Don't know how big of a need Tackle is since Penn is locked up.
Trueblood is a solid RT that needs to cut the bonehead plays out.
If not, I can see Demar making a play for a starting gig.

OG has to be right behind DE. Vincent is a stop gap and I've never seen Zuttah as more than just depth.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 08, 2010, 07:56:43 PM

I've got my eye on Hightower this college football season.

Dont'a is one big MF. Don't know if I'd want him roaming the deep middle on passing downs at 260+lbs. I see him as more of a Ted or a rushbacker. Not to mention the injury issue.

Greg Jones in the 2nd (wishful thinking) would be great. I'm not a fan of drafting non-rushing LBs early anyway.
Seeing as how the staff was in love with Brandon Spikes I'm not sure they see patrolling the deep middle as job #1 for the MLB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

lowlife

Starter
#17 : August 08, 2010, 08:14:21 PM

Dont'a is one big MF. Don't know if I'd want him roaming the deep middle on passing downs at 260+lbs. I see him as more of a Ted or a rushbacker. Not to mention the injury issue.

Greg Jones in the 2nd (wishful thinking) would be great. I'm not a fan of drafting non-rushing LBs early anyway.
Seeing as how the staff was in love with Brandon Spikes I'm not sure they see patrolling the deep middle as job #1 for the MLB.
I didn't understand that at all, Spikes is a pure 3-4 inside thumper and possibly a rush SLB.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 08, 2010, 08:44:43 PM

I understand Quincy Black has got some reps at MLB, following in the footsteps of Shelton Quarles, who made the same transition. If Dekota Watson develops some this year, we might see Hayes, Black, and Watson next year. That would be some serious speed...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 08, 2010, 08:53:26 PM

I didn't understand that at all, Spikes is a pure 3-4 inside thumper and possibly a rush SLB.
Yeah, it still seemed like an odd fit to me, but at the least it shows they're more than serious about getting physical at the line scrimmage and if that means sacrificing some pass coverage, so be it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 08, 2010, 08:59:47 PM

Hightower is a better athlete than McClain. He would fit perfect in our system. Greg Jones however is more ideal since he is probably the fastest MLB in the class, and best blitzer.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 08, 2010, 11:06:29 PM

I understand Quincy Black has got some reps at MLB, following in the footsteps of Shelton Quarles, who made the same transition. If Dekota Watson develops some this year, we might see Hayes, Black, and Watson next year. That would be some serious speed...
+1
I would love to see this.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 08, 2010, 11:07:26 PM

This would be one of the most athletic and fastes set of LB's maybe in the history of the NFL and it would be nice to see how it worked!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 08, 2010, 11:19:37 PM

+1
I would love to see this.

If Ruud does leave the team, I think Hayes/Black/Watson is the most likely starting trio next year. Hopefully Watson developes like we want him to. That would seriously we some ridiculous speed at LB with those three. I think in the long run, Black will prove to be the better LB over Hayes. I actually expect Black to have the better year this year.

Draft Aaron Donald

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#24 : August 08, 2010, 11:27:05 PM

I think they are hyping and grooming QB for that spot.

I don't think Ruud is kept long term unless he really explodes this year.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 08, 2010, 11:29:25 PM

I have no problem keeping Ruud around for a back-up and ST's player as Watson/Black/Hayes is much better than Hayes/Ruud/Black.

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#26 : August 08, 2010, 11:31:15 PM

Thats my pediction. Mark it down!

Damn Rah :-/.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 08, 2010, 11:33:09 PM

I think they are hyping and grooming QB for that spot.

Come on....even Raheem is sharp enough not to put a QB at Mike.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 08, 2010, 11:35:31 PM

I have no problem keeping Ruud around for a back-up and ST's player as Watson/Black/Hayes is much better than Hayes/Ruud/Black.

At this point we have no idea how Dekoda Watson is going to play. I wouldn't lock Hayes in just yet either. He was running around too often last year with no particular goal in mind. Flashes occasionally but too often isn't where he's supposed to be.

Ruud wouldn't be around as a backup because of his contract.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 08, 2010, 11:46:48 PM

Ruud is a solid player, I just don't like his whining lately. Saying Hayes black and Watson would be better at this point is absurd. Hopefully Watson developes....right now he is nothing.

I worry about Hayes long term. The dude is just so small and he doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. Even Rah joked the other day saying Hayes was getting big now cause he was almost 220lbs. I realize we need fast LBs for our defense and that means sacrificing some size, but we will never be stout against the run with LBs the size of Geno Hayes.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Hayward:Next Years Starting Middle Linebacker? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools