Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 14, 2007, 04:38:56 PM

pewterreportjf: jc510 - Yes. If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are off the board at No. 4, the Bucs likely will draft Amobi Okoye.

Well, if they do, then let's hope the many comparisons to Warren Sapp are valid.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 14, 2007, 04:39:44 PM

pewterreportjf: jc510 - Yes. If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are off the board at No. 4, the Bucs likely will draft Amobi Okoye.

Yet he clearly said they haven't seen the Bucs draft board.  I get PI because they break news all the time and get some inside info, but once we all have the same info it's just their opinion versus anyone else's.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 14, 2007, 04:41:06 PM

That's a staff looking to get fired.  Epic, massive stupid level of reaching on a player. Nice thing is we draft him his defenders will have at least 3 years before they'll allow any questioning of his skill.  It'll be fun.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

edwamil83

Starter
#18 : March 14, 2007, 04:44:54 PM

Okoye is basically a high school player who received college coaching. I would love to have him at 4 if JT and CJ are gone.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 14, 2007, 04:57:25 PM

okoye dokye

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 14, 2007, 04:59:22 PM

okoye dokye

Oh yeah?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#21 : March 14, 2007, 05:04:24 PM

I would rather have CJ, JT, Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn, JaMarcus Russell, Adams or Anderson before Okoye.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 14, 2007, 05:08:19 PM

Carriker over Okoye, has the height over Okoye plus hes faster than Okoye. Okoye is about 302 and Carriker is 296, Carriker would thrive off our defense..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 14, 2007, 05:09:34 PM

Carriker over Okoye, has the height over Okoye plus hes faster than Okoye. Okoye is about 302 and Carriker is 296, Carriker would thrive off our defense..

Who cares how tall they are?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : March 14, 2007, 05:12:09 PM

maybe the taller person would have a better chance of batting a ball.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 14, 2007, 05:14:55 PM

So now we're picking linemen on whether they can bat a ball?  Sapp was 6'2" maybe and he did just fine.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#26 : March 14, 2007, 05:17:27 PM

So now we're picking linemen on whether they can bat a ball? Sapp was 6'2" maybe and he did just fine.

im just saying that the taller D-line men have a better chance i would think of batting balls. i could care less if he can bat balls or not i just hope he can get to the QB and knock the snot out of them.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 14, 2007, 05:17:47 PM

"Okoye is a 19-year-old rising talent with a good amount of upside. He is still developing into his body, he's never going to be an explosive interior penetrator and his pass-rush moves need polishing. However, Okoye displays an impressive blend of size, initial quickness, balance and natural power that could lead to a long career as a disruptive NFL defensive tackle. Okoye has skyrocketed up NFL draft boards as a senior. His play reflects more of a second-to-third round grade but his age/upside most likely will land him a spot in the first round."

LOL land him most likely in the 1st ???

Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Okoye will be the BEST DT in this class hands down in 3 years. He will immediately come in and if in the right scheme be a great pass rusher. I have seen him play numerous times and the guy is unblockable.

Here is a stat for you stat guys....in games during his junior year, he was involved in one of every 11.8 snaps, which is good for a DT. As a senior, he was involved in one of every 8.6 snaps, which is outstanding. He can play and play immediately, right away. For anyone to say he needs time to grow they need their head examined. How can you dominate on a collegiate level, dominate at the senior bowl and not translate well into the NFL immediately? We are not talking about working out, we are talking about production, in game production. Okoye is a beast and we will as see first hand here in the coming year(s)....

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 14, 2007, 05:18:42 PM

So now we're picking linemen on whether they can bat a ball? Sapp was 6'2" maybe and he did just fine.

im just saying that the taller D-line men have a better chance i would think of batting balls. i could care less if he can bat balls or not i just hope he can get to the QB and knock the snot out of them.

Gotcha.  We're on the same page then.  I just want to see QB's on the ground like in the old days.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 14, 2007, 05:18:53 PM

If we trade back maybe.  Okoye reminds me too much of Mike Mamula to draft at #4.

Mike Mamula ???

Okoye did not light the world on fire at the combine.

Go check out the senior bowl and see what he was doing against Kalil in game...

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools