Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 14, 2007, 05:19:40 PM

If we trade back maybe.  Okoye reminds me too much of Mike Mamula to draft at #4.

Mike Mamula ???

Okoye did not light the world on fire at the combine.

Go check out the senior bowl and see what he was doing against Kalil in game...

I'm just talking about guys who came on fast after the season.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 14, 2007, 05:20:36 PM

Carriker over Okoye, has the height over Okoye plus hes faster than Okoye. Okoye is about 302 and Carriker is 296, Carriker would thrive off our defense..

Who cares how tall they are?
I do,b!tch. I don't give a rats ass what Sapp did.. I want some height to bat balls down.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 14, 2007, 05:21:49 PM

Carriker over Okoye, has the height over Okoye plus hes faster than Okoye. Okoye is about 302 and Carriker is 296, Carriker would thrive off our defense..

I do,b!tch. I don't give a rats ass what Sapp did.. I want some height to bat balls down.
At the expense of a pash rush?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#33 : March 14, 2007, 05:24:31 PM

if thats the way the nfl worked then why dont teams try to look for 7 foot players to stand there and block passes. might as well call it flag football or two hand touch.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 14, 2007, 05:25:20 PM

At the expense of a pash rush?
Hell yeah,Carriker would excell just like Okoye would. He may need to gain some weight but hey man, the kid has the potential to be a beast on the D. Okoye would too.. Really it just doesn't matter who we pick out of the 2,I just know that they both could be good,im fine with either one.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 14, 2007, 05:28:09 PM

if thats the way the nfl worked then why dont teams try to look for 7 foot players to stand there and block passes. might as well call it flag football or two hand touch.
Well kid, there hasn't been players that played football that is 7 foot. Guys with height they can play at high level on the Dline is amazing. Look at Peppers guy is 6'8 and he is a freak!!Not that many guys like him, Mario Williams is the only player beside Peppers.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#36 : March 14, 2007, 05:34:08 PM

thats my point that there are no tall players besides peppers and mario that can pass rush. i could care less if they are 4 foot or 12 feet as long as they can get to the qb and hit him then the bucs need him cause of how much time the qb had to throw last year was crazy. i agree that they should get okoye or carriker fresh.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 14, 2007, 05:38:17 PM

I perfer Carriker for the reasons I posted above,Okoye would be good too. Now, Im not a fan of drafting Carriker and Okoye at 4 overall, I think that is a major reach. I do support the trading down to take one of them. With Buffalo Bills losing their RB,it could be possibly with CJ/JT off the board,trade to #12 pickup their 2nd rounder and third take Okoye or Carriker.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#38 : March 14, 2007, 05:40:36 PM

I perfer Carriker for the reasons I posted above,Okoye would be good too. Now, Im not a fan of drafting Carriker and Okoye at 4 overall, I think that is a major reach. I do support the trading down to take one of them. With Buffalo Bills losing their RB,it could be possibly with CJ/JT off the board,trade to #12 pickup their 2nd rounder and third take Okoye or Carriker.

i would do that in a heartbeat. itd be amazing with what we could do with those extra picks in the second and third.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 14, 2007, 05:46:13 PM

If JT and CJ are off the board IMHO we have the option of Quinn or trading down and trying to get in an optimal position to get okoye.

You guys know where I stand. This draft is 7 deep with 2 studs in Adams and Anderson at DE and 1 deep with okoye and 2 other DT's that could help us (marcus thomas, justin harrell). If you trade back its to get the premiere 1 gap DT, that being Okoye. You can come back with the 3rd pick, 2nd round and get you that DE. Now you could MAYBE get Harrell in the early 2nd but that is a BIG maybe IMHO.

Baghead #2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 14, 2007, 05:51:06 PM

Wi

i would do that in a heartbeat. itd be amazing with what we could do with those extra picks in the second and third.
Dude if we move Buffalo's 2nd rounder,plus our #64 and thier 3rd rounder we could sneak in at #17 overall. Without losing our 3rd round and #35.. Thats freaking sweet
#12- Okoye
#17- Nelson
#35- Jon Beason
#68- Victor Abrami
that my friends is getting young on D on day 1
or no trade
#12- Okoye/Carriker
#35- Beason
#44- Meriweather
#64- Abriami
#68- Samson Satele

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 14, 2007, 06:04:36 PM

pewterreportjf: jc510 - Yes. If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are off the board at No. 4, the Bucs likely will draft Amobi Okoye.

That's a staff looking to get fired. Epic, massive stupid level of reaching on a player. Nice thing is we draft him his defenders will have at least 3 years before they'll allow any questioning of his skill. It'll be fun.
  It does appear to be a risky pick.  That said, if the bucs do think he is worthy of the round 1 I suspect they will be disagreeing with the assessments you are relying on Dal.  Who knows, maybe they would be right and the other scouting services are wwwwrrrronnnnng.  Fun part is that you will have so much to write about should this happen. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

HotSauce

Rookie

#42 : March 14, 2007, 09:15:39 PM

Carriker > Okoye

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#43 : March 14, 2007, 10:27:24 PM

If we decide to take a defender our best option will be to trade down.  I am not in love with any one defensive prospect, but there are many availalbe in the top 12.  The only thing that would disappoint me would be taking Okoye at #4 overall.  I really want to the Bucs to trade back and pick up extra picks, this team has many needs.  I would not want to get out of the top 12, and if we trade down this is how my draft board would look:

Okoye
Adams
Landry
Anderson
Carriker

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 15, 2007, 02:56:27 AM

trade down to 7 for an extra 2,take okeyo at 7 then trade plummer to the texans for their 2 and trade 2 of the 2s for levi brown ot or carricker with the other 2 2s draft a center and a de......is that smokin or what.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools