Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 15, 2007, 08:45:20 AM

trade down to 7 for an extra 2,take okeyo at 7 then trade plummer to the texans for their 2 and trade 2 of the 2s for levi brown ot or carricker with the other 2 2s draft a center and a de......is that smokin or what.

What you are smoking is the better question.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#46 : March 15, 2007, 12:24:13 PM

Anyone who thinks this guy will be another Sapp is out of their mind.  I know he is 19, but if you watched L'ville play much, he does not dominate the line of scrimmage like Sapp did at Miami.  We obviously need help at DT, but the reality of Okoye is that he may become a dominant player in a few years...but that is a lot of iffs for me.  There is no DT worth taking top five this year, and actually I think any DT that goes in the top ten in this class is a reach. 

shall555

Starter

#47 : March 15, 2007, 12:31:09 PM

I think we'll take CJ with the #4 pick, but if Okoye drops into the 17-22 range, we could trade up into the first round and draft him if GruAllen love him that much.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 15, 2007, 01:59:05 PM

Anyone who thinks this guy will be another Sapp is out of their mind. I know he is 19, but if you watched L'ville play much, he does not dominate the line of scrimmage like Sapp did at Miami. We obviously need help at DT, but the reality of Okoye is that he may become a dominant player in a few years...but that is a lot of iffs for me. There is no DT worth taking top five this year, and actually I think any DT that goes in the top ten in this class is a reach.

I would be a hard press to think that many of you if any followed Sapps career at university of Miami as closely as I did
I would have to say that Okoye is Better then Sapp when Sapp was just turning 19 years old

Okoye senior year started just days after Okoye turned 19.
From what I heard from the Senior bowl is that Okoye was the leader on that north senior bowl defence at only 19

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 15, 2007, 02:00:39 PM

I think we'll take CJ with the #4 pick, but if Okoye drops into the 17-22 range, we could trade up into the first round and draft him if GruAllen love him that much.

So what happens if the Raiders take CJ and JT is off the board at #4 and the Bucs can find no trading partners? Okoye at #4 overall? How would that go down around here?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 15, 2007, 02:04:30 PM

:D I would say One Buc Place would be swarmed.

shall555

Starter

#51 : March 15, 2007, 02:13:24 PM

So what happens if the Raiders take CJ and JT is off the board at #4 and the Bucs can find no trading partners? Okoye at #4 overall? How would that go down around here?

If that's the scenario, the Bucs will probably take him at #4. They have him pegged over Adams due to need. I wouldn't be upset, because of the whole Senior Bowl Okoye lovefest, but the anti-grudenites will be ready to burn down One Buc. 'They should've drafted Adams. Fire GruAllen. Blah, blah, blah.'

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 15, 2007, 02:28:41 PM

Okoye at #4 would really, really be a shocking pick.  Probably shock the entire football world. :D

#53 : March 15, 2007, 02:33:00 PM

You want potential you take Okoye and if you want production, you take Marcus Thomas in the 2nd. Thomas is closer to Sapp than  anyone else in this draft and if his problems are truly behind him, I think he is the guy.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#54 : March 15, 2007, 02:41:26 PM

Okoye is barely a top 20 player in this draft.. hes a mid-1st rounder at best. Enough with the Okoye lovefest.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#55 : March 15, 2007, 02:42:16 PM

If that's the scenario, the Bucs will probably take him at #4. They have him pegged over Adams due to need. I wouldn't be upset, because of the whole Senior Bowl Okoye lovefest, but the anti-grudenites will be ready to burn down One Buc. 'They should've drafted Adams. Fire GruAllen. Blah, blah, blah.'

lol i could see it allready all the fire jon gruden posts up like it was still last season.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools