Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik..." I think we're on our way" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#120 : August 10, 2010, 07:48:24 PM

So we're to believe several other teams are beating down the door to get Clayton and his salary because his agent said so? C'mon, no one is that gullible. Have some sense.

When theyre flying him in for visits. I'd say yes. Morris and Dominik were gambling on the fact that clayton's rookie season wasnt a fluke and that maybe his lack of production was because of Gruden and his dog house. We had nobody else besides bryant who they werent even sure would be around (long term). At the time they made themselves think it made sense. Anytime you resign someone or bring in a FA youre taking a calculated risk and have to weigh options. This one clearly didnt work out and Dom got burned. One positive thing about Morris and Dom is they seem to learn from their mistakes.

Bad signing. move on.

Teams do favors for agents (like flying in players they have no interest in) so that agents will do favors for teams. Perhaps Dominik was unaware of this as well? Do you suppose he was thinking to himself "Holy crap, Clayton sucks! Can't wait until he's off the team. Wait a minute, somebody flew him in. Sign him! Sign him!"

You make our GM sound extremely gullible.

The ironic part of this whole thing is that Allen was usually just doing favors for agents when the Bucs expressed interest in almost every damned player that came on the market. And the little girls cried and cried. Too bad Dominik wasn't paying closer attention.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#121 : August 10, 2010, 07:51:39 PM

i certainly like the direction of the team.

Which signing did you like best? Michael Clayton, Derrick Ward, Mike Nugent, Angelo Crowell, Luke McCown or Byron Leftwich?

It was Charlie Garner, Derrick Deese, Tim Brown, and Bill Schroeder that really turned me on.

You didnt like Steussie or Stinchcomb?

Not as much as Juran Bolden

Darrell Russell ?

Eugene Wilson ?  Greise ?

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#122 : August 10, 2010, 07:56:43 PM

Which signing did you like best? Michael Clayton, Derrick Ward, Mike Nugent, Angelo Crowell, Luke McCown or Byron Leftwich?

It was Charlie Garner, Derrick Deese, Tim Brown, and Bill Schroeder that really turned me on.

Darrell Russell ?

Eugene Wilson, the one man defensive backfield.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#123 : August 10, 2010, 08:02:58 PM

Gotta tell you guys, while you did make me chuckle/cringe with that list - I still dislike the Clayton signing the most.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#124 : August 10, 2010, 08:07:17 PM

Darrell Russell ?

Yeah he was awesome, just like Ben Troupe and don't forget Pittman over Thomas Jones , Man Bruce Allen was and is a genius . I hope DC knows how lucky they are to have Him.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#125 : August 10, 2010, 08:13:08 PM

Darrell Russell ?

Yeah he was awesome, just like Ben Troupe and don't forget Pittman over Thomas Jones , Man Bruce Allen was and is a genius . I hope DC knows how lucky they are to have Him.

Well, we let Jones leave and replaced him with Garner..... but who's counting.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#126 : August 10, 2010, 08:54:24 PM

There's really no point arguing bad free agent signings unless you can prove there were better players available for the same price or the signing directly influenced not targeting a position in the draft. Sometimes free agents just suck but you have to take a shot on someone.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

kevinmills

Second String

#127 : August 10, 2010, 09:08:00 PM

So we're to believe several other teams are beating down the door to get Clayton and his salary because his agent said so? C'mon, no one is that gullible. Have some sense.

When theyre flying him in for visits. I'd say yes. Morris and Dominik were gambling on the fact that clayton's rookie season wasnt a fluke and that maybe his lack of production was because of Gruden and his dog house. We had nobody else besides bryant who they werent even sure would be around (long term). At the time they made themselves think it made sense. Anytime you resign someone or bring in a FA youre taking a calculated risk and have to weigh options. This one clearly didnt work out and Dom got burned. One positive thing about Morris and Dom is they seem to learn from their mistakes.

Bad signing. move on.

Teams do favors for agents (like flying in players they have no interest in) so that agents will do favors for teams. Perhaps Dominik was unaware of this as well? Do you suppose he was thinking to himself "Holy crap, Clayton sucks! Can't wait until he's off the team. Wait a minute, somebody flew him in. Sign him! Sign him!"

The ironic part of this whole thing is that Allen was usually just doing favors for agents when the Bucs expressed interest in almost every damned player that came on the market. And the little girls cried and cried. Too bad Dominik wasn't paying closer attention.

I'm glad you have all the inside info on what visits are legit and what are favors. I only mentioned the visits because someone else was under the impression nobody had expressed interest in clayton.

"Holy crap, Clayton sucks! Can't wait until he's off the team. Wait a minute, somebody flew him in. Sign him! Sign him!"

if you inferred that from what i said I think you have reading compression problems.

#128 : August 10, 2010, 10:11:19 PM

This type of thread never fails...

Most of us have been around here for a looong time and this one comes up every month...  yay.

I see the plan.   I am content with the plan - as long as it keeps moving upward and forward.

The Gruden-Allen regime left some decent players (Talib, Ruud, Williams - when healthy)  but no elite talent.    Talib is the closest to being elite.

Everyone else is a work in progress.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#129 : August 10, 2010, 10:13:21 PM

Bad signing. move on.

I'm glad you have all the inside info on what visits are legit and what are favors. I only mentioned the visits because someone else was under the impression nobody had expressed interest in clayton.

"Holy crap, Clayton sucks! Can't wait until he's off the team. Wait a minute, somebody flew him in. Sign him! Sign him!"

if you inferred that from what i said I think you have reading compression problems.

Sometimes a team wants to see a player, but more often players want to be seen visiting teams... just sayin' kev...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kevinmills

Second String

#130 : August 10, 2010, 10:14:09 PM

Bad signing. move on.

Sometimes a team wants to see a player, but more often players want to be seen visiting teams... just sayin' kev...

This is really pointless.

"Bad signing. move on."

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#131 : August 10, 2010, 10:18:53 PM

Pointless, and hopefully when Clayton is finally released, the closing of the book on an odd, unsuccessful buccaneer draft pick.

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik..." I think we're on our way" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools