Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik..." I think we're on our way" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 09, 2010, 02:49:44 PM

it's been 10 years since he left and they're still name dropping "Dungy" to win over fans?   come on.   shut up and EARN your own respect on the field.   everything you say now is spin doctoring until you prove otherwise.    you lost me when you resigned Clayton at $25 million for 5 years. 

thats a pretty ignorant statement. How was he supposed to answer the question? We have no plan, were just winging it. We arent going to build like we did in the 90s, we are just cheap.

Whos really doing the spinning? ......you

And if your really getting down on MD for a bad signing, you must have really hated Allen.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 09, 2010, 02:56:21 PM

it's been 10 years since he left and they're still name dropping "Dungy" to win over fans?   come on.   shut up and EARN your own respect on the field.   everything you say now is spin doctoring until you prove otherwise.    you lost me when you resigned Clayton at $25 million for 5 years.  

FN, should nobody in the organization do interviews until we crack .500? i think the dungy comparison is very relevant.  most people have forgotten that the last championship window was built on 3 solid drafts, continuity, and minimal free agencyveteran trades until we proved we were ready to make noise in the playoffs

#17 : August 09, 2010, 03:05:18 PM

I hear what youre saying.   Im just sick of all the forced positive crap coming out of 1 Buc place.  it doesnt mean anything until it happens on the field.  its the same crap every year during training camp, and the same cliches...    ie  the QB is improving, there's a tight race for WR, the O-line is coming together  blah blah.   I just wish they would shut up and show it on the field. 

the Clayton signing wasnt a mistake.  Everyone, and I mean EVEYONE that follows the Bucs knew that was ridiculous.  so why didn't he?  and yes, I loathed Allen. 

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 09, 2010, 03:09:14 PM

I hear what youre saying.   Im just sick of all the positive crap coming out of 1 Buc place.   its the same crap every year during training camp, but the team fails on the field.   the Clayton signing wasnt a mistake.  Everyone, and I mean EVEYONE that follows the Bucs knew that was ridiculous.  so why didn't he?  and yes, I loathed Allen. 

for sure, but why would they speak negatively of the players? It serves no purpose what so ever and would be detrimental to a team mentality. It would make them look like fools and lose the support of the players. complain all you like, but logic should tell you that it wont ever be any different. Wether the team had a 13-3 year or a 3-13 year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 09, 2010, 03:40:49 PM

Im just sick of all the forced positive crap coming out of 1 Buc place. it doesnt mean anything until it happens on the field. its the same crap every year during training camp, and the same cliches...    ie  the QB is improving, there's a tight race for WR, the O-line is coming together  blah blah.   I just wish they would shut up and show it on the field. 

so your problem is with the media and not the team?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#20 : August 09, 2010, 03:47:04 PM

my problem is with the built up, fabricated perception the "front office" and the "media" creates to serve themselves....   sell more tickets, sell more newspaper, magazine and PR report subscriptions.  100,000 person waiting list for season ticket holders.   eveyrthing that comes out of 1 Buc place is pure manipulation.   all of it is at the expense of the players themselves, who I have no problem with...   we have good character players on our team, and I appreciate that.  but I refuse to believe any of the hype.   this team is stll terrible until proven otherwise.  the ownership is cheap untl proven otherwise.  the head coach is in over his head until proven otherwise.   and Clayton just sucks, which has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 09, 2010, 03:51:46 PM

Then don't buy any tickets and quit watching the games, then you won't be subjected to such cruel business people doing their jobs. It's that simple.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 09, 2010, 04:20:03 PM

then why come to a media source everyday?  especially before the games begin...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 09, 2010, 04:29:25 PM

Great Addition/Additions by Subtraction:
Kellen Winslow
Gaines Adams
Luke McCown
Byron Leftwhich

Looking Good:
Josh Freeman
Roy Miller
Kyle Moore
Sammie Straughter

Waiting to See:
E.J Biggers
Xavier Fulton
Gerald McCoy
Brian Price
Benn, Williams
Myron Rolle
Brent "sunshine" Bowden
Cody Grimm

It's looking good to me. I'm still not sold on the Head Coach however.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 09, 2010, 04:40:28 PM

my problem is with the built up, fabricated perception the "front office" and the "media" creates to serve themselves.... sell more tickets, sell more newspaper, magazine and PR report subscriptions. 100,000 person waiting list for season ticket holders.   eveyrthing that comes out of 1 Buc place is pure manipulation.   all of it is at the expense of the players themselves, who I have no problem with... we have good character players on our team, and I appreciate that. but I refuse to believe any of the hype. this team is stll terrible until proven otherwise. the ownership is cheap untl proven otherwise. the head coach is in over his head until proven otherwise. and Clayton just sucks, which has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

There are 366 US statistical metropolitan areas. 336 of them do not even have an NFL team. Count your blessings or move to one of the other 30 markets that has a team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

BMurph

Second String

#25 : August 09, 2010, 04:51:15 PM

my problem is with the built up, fabricated perception the "front office" and the "media" creates to serve themselves....� �sell more tickets, sell more newspaper, magazine and PR report subscriptions.� 100,000 person waiting list for season ticket holders.   eveyrthing that comes out of 1 Buc place is pure manipulation.   all of it is at the expense of the players themselves, who I have no problem with...� �we have good character players on our team, and I appreciate that.� but I refuse to believe any of the hype.� �this team is stll terrible until proven otherwise.� the ownership is cheap untl proven otherwise.� the head coach is in over his head until proven otherwise.� �and Clayton just sucks, which has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

There are 366 US statistical metropolitan areas. 336 of them do not even have an NFL team. Count your blessings or move to one of the other 30 markets that has a team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

+1

pewterpirates

Starter
#26 : August 09, 2010, 04:56:14 PM

my problem is with the built up, fabricated perception the "front office" and the "media" creates to serve themselves....� �sell more tickets, sell more newspaper, magazine and PR report subscriptions.� 100,000 person waiting list for season ticket holders. eveyrthing that comes out of 1 Buc place is pure manipulation. all of it is at the expense of the players themselves, who I have no problem with...� �we have good character players on our team, and I appreciate that.� but I refuse to believe any of the hype.� �this team is stll terrible until proven otherwise.� the ownership is cheap untl proven otherwise.� the head coach is in over his head until proven otherwise.� �and Clayton just sucks, which has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

+1
+2

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#27 : August 09, 2010, 04:57:45 PM

It's borderline impossible not to love what Dominick has done here as GM.

He has acquired more talent in two years than Gruden did in nearly his entire tampa tenure.

I have to agree. I very much agree with the way they are doing it right now. I like that they are building through the draft and adding little pieces here and there such as Vincent, Brown, and Sean Jones. Those were moves that had to be made and were made. So I think that we will build through the draft and whatever else we need, we will grab in free agency and trade.

However I do see us becoming more involved with free agency early on when we start to put it altogether. When this team shows it is maturing and can win games then we will add more pieces through free agency. Which is the way I want to do it. Gruden just used to build the team through free agency and sucked in the draft. Which was his downfall in my opinion.

If Gruden were to take this patient approach we would probably have a totally different look and Gruden would still be HC. The guy can coach for sure just could never build a team that was consistent or a team that had some stability. The guys running the team now seem to understand that you have to be good drafters or you will never be a consistent team. So Im happy with Mark Dominik right now for sure. If Raheem could get the guys to start winning then I think we are on our way.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 09, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

my problem is with the built up, fabricated perception the "front office" and the "media" creates to serve themselves....� �sell more tickets, sell more newspaper, magazine and PR report subscriptions.� 100,000 person waiting list for season ticket holders.� �eveyrthing that comes out of 1 Buc place is pure manipulation.� �all of it is at the expense of the players themselves, who I have no problem with...� �we have good character players on our team, and I appreciate that.� but I refuse to believe any of the hype.� �this team is stll terrible until proven otherwise.� the ownership is cheap untl proven otherwise.� the head coach is in over his head until proven otherwise.� �and Clayton just sucks, which has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

+1
+2
+3, I moved from Toledo Ohio to Tampa to get any coverage and to be able to see them live. For someone whos always so stressed about $$$, you never seem to understand how/why a business works the way it does.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 09, 2010, 06:37:45 PM

Clayton sucked, and absolutely everyone knew it but Mark Dominik. There just is no way to polish that turd, gents.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik..." I think we're on our way" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools