Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHO will start at reciever? i think MIKE and Maurice « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#15 : August 10, 2010, 12:38:28 PM

I think we'll see a lot of platooning, until Benn and even Williams start to distinguish themselves. I'd say it will be Benn and Williams by mid-season.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 10, 2010, 12:50:17 PM

Williams
Benn/Brown
Stroughter
Brown/Benn
Stovall

I see Brown and Benn being the most likely candidates for #2.

Except that they're actually different positions.  Brown and Williams play the same but I could see Brown playing the slot in front of sammie.  Benn, Stoval, and Clayton should be fighting for the 2 spot.  I could see Stoval getting the nod.

1)Williams/Brown
2)Stoval/Benn/Clayton
3)Brown/Stroughter

Thats the six guys I think will be active week 1.  If anything I'd like to see Clayton gone from this group but he'd probably be a better special teamer if he does make the team than Preston Parker.

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : August 10, 2010, 01:20:00 PM

I'm tired of Stovall looking like a x10 pro-bowler during the off-season only to not show up on Sundays.

He averaged about 40 yards a start last season. And there were countless other times he was open and Freeman was just locked onto Bryant or Winslow.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 10, 2010, 01:42:50 PM

Williams
Benn/Brown
Stroughter
Brown/Benn
Stovall

Except that they're actually different positions.  Brown and Williams play the same but I could see Brown playing the slot in front of sammie.  Benn, Stoval, and Clayton should be fighting for the 2 spot.  I could see Stoval getting the nod.

1)Williams/Brown
2)Stoval/Benn/Clayton
3)Brown/Stroughter

Thats the six guys I think will be active week 1.  If anything I'd like to see Clayton gone from this group but he'd probably be a better special teamer if he does make the team than Preston Parker.
Brown doesn't play over Stroughter at slot. Not after the flashes Stroughter showed last season as a rookie... you just don't do that as a coach.

Williams is the clear cut no. 1 at this point.  the rest are all fighting for number 2...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 10, 2010, 01:53:28 PM

Through the first preseason game here's my prediction

WR 1 Williams, Brown, Spurlock, Nunn, Brooks
WR 2 Stovall, Stroughter, Benn, Clayton, Parker

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#20 : August 10, 2010, 02:47:42 PM

Williams
Stroughter[shifting to slot in 3rd reciever sets]
Brown
Clayton
Benn
Stovall

Most of the time have the first 3 in, but keep clayton for his blocking, experience, and being the oldest reciever, keep benn obviously, and keep stovall for his special teams.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 10, 2010, 03:21:49 PM

Stovall always looks good in camp and pre-season. But then he always starts to fade when the regular season starts.

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : August 10, 2010, 03:40:01 PM

Brown doesn't play over Stroughter at slot. Not after the flashes Stroughter showed last season as a rookie... you just don't do that as a coach.

Let's not get crazy. He had 31 catches, 334 yards and 1 TD. After 3-13 NOBODY should have their job handed to them. If he's not one the best 3 WRs then he shouldn't be in the slot.

nick23

Rookie

#23 : August 09, 2010, 07:16:19 PM

#1 I think mike williams will be #1 and we can see what he's got to really evaluate him.

#2 I also think that every time Maurice stoval has started he hasn't really done any thing bad but mostly mad the best out of every catch he has received lets start him and give him his chance to see what he has and if he cant do it lets move on from him and release him

at slot  sammie perfect size maybe the best route runner on the team and at slot routes matter a whole lot more then out at X or Y in my opinion

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 09, 2010, 07:18:08 PM

From what I saw Williams and Brown look to be the best of the group - both look and play like pro receivers.  Stovall is catching the ball, but he still looks like a man trying to get it to me.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 09, 2010, 07:18:25 PM

Williams Brown and Sammie

Benn gets in over Stovall

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 09, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

Williams
Brown
Benn
Stroughter
Stovall
Clayton

I'm tired of Stovall looking like a x10 pro-bowler during the off-season only to not show up on Sundays.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 09, 2010, 07:20:15 PM

Williams Brown and Sammie

Benn gets in over Stovall

Not sure of the Stovall thing but the starters are what I think as well. I think Reggie has a decent season here.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 09, 2010, 07:32:22 PM

Williams
Benn/Brown
Stroughter
Brown/Benn
Stovall

Formerly known as Revis Islander

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 09, 2010, 07:32:29 PM

I'm hoping the Eagles end up being sorrier they traded Brown than McNabb.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHO will start at reciever? i think MIKE and Maurice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools