Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHO will start at reciever? i think MIKE and Maurice « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 09, 2010, 07:33:57 PM

Brown moves on the field like a pro receiver, and he catches the ball in his hands, then quickly secures it.  We will see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 09, 2010, 07:55:18 PM

From what I saw Williams and Brown look to be the best of the group

Dammit.... i "Hate" having to agree with Dave but I think thats the starting duo as well.... with some Stroughter sprinkled in.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 09, 2010, 08:01:10 PM

From what I saw Williams and Brown look to be the best of the group

Dammit.... i "Hate" having to agree with Dave but I think thats the starting duo as well.... with some Stroughter sprinkled in.

It is all a part of your maturing, I mean you are still getting carded... and as one matures sometimes wisdom is created.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D :D :D

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 09, 2010, 08:09:20 PM

Actually.. he was "carded" twice in about 5 minutes.... was great. Lucky bastid..

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 09, 2010, 08:12:55 PM

Actually.. he was "carded" twice in about 5 minutes.... was great. Lucky bastid..

I figure it cost you about $20 to make that happen - made baby face's day, and gave me a great laugh....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 09, 2010, 08:16:35 PM

I figure it cost you about $20 to make that happen - made baby face's day, and gave me a great laugh....

LMAO!

Don't "Hate"!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 09, 2010, 08:48:18 PM

Williams
Stroughter/Williams/Benn as no clear cut winner
Stovall
Clayton

Practice Squad - Preston Parker and Michael Spurlock

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#37 : August 10, 2010, 12:28:06 PM

Benn, Williams, Stroughter
Bring on the youth movement.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 10, 2010, 12:38:28 PM

I think we'll see a lot of platooning, until Benn and even Williams start to distinguish themselves. I'd say it will be Benn and Williams by mid-season.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#39 : August 10, 2010, 12:50:17 PM

Williams
Benn/Brown
Stroughter
Brown/Benn
Stovall

I see Brown and Benn being the most likely candidates for #2.

Except that they're actually different positions.  Brown and Williams play the same but I could see Brown playing the slot in front of sammie.  Benn, Stoval, and Clayton should be fighting for the 2 spot.  I could see Stoval getting the nod.

1)Williams/Brown
2)Stoval/Benn/Clayton
3)Brown/Stroughter

Thats the six guys I think will be active week 1.  If anything I'd like to see Clayton gone from this group but he'd probably be a better special teamer if he does make the team than Preston Parker.

JC510

Practice Squad

#40 : August 10, 2010, 01:20:00 PM

I'm tired of Stovall looking like a x10 pro-bowler during the off-season only to not show up on Sundays.

He averaged about 40 yards a start last season. And there were countless other times he was open and Freeman was just locked onto Bryant or Winslow.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 10, 2010, 01:42:50 PM

Williams
Benn/Brown
Stroughter
Brown/Benn
Stovall

I see Brown and Benn being the most likely candidates for #2.

Except that they're actually different positions.  Brown and Williams play the same but I could see Brown playing the slot in front of sammie.  Benn, Stoval, and Clayton should be fighting for the 2 spot.  I could see Stoval getting the nod.

1)Williams/Brown
2)Stoval/Benn/Clayton
3)Brown/Stroughter

Thats the six guys I think will be active week 1.  If anything I'd like to see Clayton gone from this group but he'd probably be a better special teamer if he does make the team than Preston Parker.
Brown doesn't play over Stroughter at slot. Not after the flashes Stroughter showed last season as a rookie... you just don't do that as a coach.

Williams is the clear cut no. 1 at this point.  the rest are all fighting for number 2...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 10, 2010, 01:53:28 PM

Through the first preseason game here's my prediction

WR 1 Williams, Brown, Spurlock, Nunn, Brooks
WR 2 Stovall, Stroughter, Benn, Clayton, Parker

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#43 : August 10, 2010, 02:47:42 PM

Williams
Stroughter[shifting to slot in 3rd reciever sets]
Brown
Clayton
Benn
Stovall

Most of the time have the first 3 in, but keep clayton for his blocking, experience, and being the oldest reciever, keep benn obviously, and keep stovall for his special teams.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 10, 2010, 03:21:49 PM

Stovall always looks good in camp and pre-season. But then he always starts to fade when the regular season starts.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHO will start at reciever? i think MIKE and Maurice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools