Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris hopes starters can play one series vs. Miami « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DailyRich68

Starter
#30 : August 10, 2010, 10:29:45 AM

Nobody has a play for 3rd and 16.  If you're in your own territory, why not get what yards you can and punt from a better position than trying a pass that has two negative outcomes out of a possible three?  Now, if you're down by two scores, I'd say go for it, but if it's a close game, I have no problem with a draw on 3rd and 16.

As for "I hope they can play one series," I wonder if he means he wants to see them go out and score a touchdown on the first drive.  So "I hope they can play one series" means "I hope they've gotten it together enough that I only have to play them one series."

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#31 : August 10, 2010, 11:29:33 AM

Name me an NFL team that plays their starters more than a few snaps in pre-season game 1.... I didn't think so.... If it bothers you that much, just buy the individual game tickets you want.
+1

Damn Rah :-/.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 10, 2010, 11:32:51 AM

One would think that with a very young team, the starters would atleast play the first quarter through the first two preseason games and then play three quarters in the third preseason game. One series for a quarterback who needs to get his rhythm down with all his new receivers isn't what I expected this pre season. Hopefully Morris changes his mind.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

lowlife

Starter
#33 : August 10, 2010, 11:48:38 AM

This is a big deal?

lowlife

Starter
#34 : August 10, 2010, 11:54:05 AM

First. **CENSORED**ing. Preseason game.

The term 'starter' is thrown out very loosely at this point in the season, the depth chart is hardly set.
Guys in competition will have extra time.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 10, 2010, 11:55:57 AM

Anyone have any idea how much playing time in the FIRST presseason game other 1st time starters at QB have gotten in the past? Im just curious if people are freaking out over something that is quite the norm... Im thinking they are.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 10, 2010, 11:57:48 AM

I think more people are freaking out about Freeman not getting more PT than any of the starters at other positions.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#37 : August 10, 2010, 12:32:47 PM

I am for sure Doug. IMO Freeman still needs reps.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 10, 2010, 01:21:19 PM

One would think that with a very young team, the starters would atleast play the first quarter through the first two preseason games and then play three quarters in the third preseason game. One series for a quarterback who needs to get his rhythm down with all his new receivers isn't what I expected this pre season. Hopefully Morris changes his mind.

Agreed.

Personally, I'd like to see Freeman play at least 2 quarters and the first series into the third for the first 3 games.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 10, 2010, 01:44:59 PM

Freeman and the other younger players need all the practice in a live game situation they can get. I say play them the entire first half. Who cares if the other team plays their starters or not.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 10, 2010, 02:19:28 PM

Raheem Morris is one of the brightest young minds in all of football.  He knows what he's doing.....he is a very good coach and we should trust everything he says.  Raheem will have us in the playoffs this year.  We just need to trust him and his talents.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 10, 2010, 02:26:24 PM

One series? And they make us pay full price for this crap?

the game's in miami, i'll be watching it for free

bucs have alot of position battles, i'm guessing there will be WRs worth watching all game, and our younger D Linemen will probably play deeper into the game also.  RB will be interesting for all those people waiting to see what kareem huggins and derrick ward are looking like this year.  our backup secondary also bears watching with grimm and myron lewis possibly being important to our future.

i think both starting units will play deeper into the game than usual in game 2, especially the offense

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 10, 2010, 06:28:35 PM

I was just listening to Raheem's interview on WDAE and Duemig asked him about playing starters during the Miami game and Raheem started mimicking Dominik calling down from the press box saying, "Now, let's get that guy out of there." It was pretty funny.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 10, 2010, 08:35:14 PM

One series? And they make us pay full price for this crap?

I thought all you guys were ok paying full price to watch development and potential..... What's the big deal?

Ouch - now that one is going to leave a mark.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 10, 2010, 08:37:04 PM

I'd guess this more along the lines of "I hope they have one decent series and don't just go three and out so I have to dump 'em back out there."

Bingo!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris hopes starters can play one series vs. Miami « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools