Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who remember's this toy from the late 70s? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#135 : August 14, 2010, 06:08:29 PM

I didnt realize so many old farts posted here :D jk.
Yeah NavyBuc this is a nice board to post with people who came around before Generation X, Y or Z..... I am not a "Baby Boomer", just missed but I think a good lot of the posters on this thread are now in their 40's and are between the Baby Boomers and the new generations that media have given to the kids who grew up with computers.... This thread seems to have those of us who went threw LP's, 8-Tracks (actually owned a couple before I went cassette) said cassettes, and then CD's and now have to figure out IPods and whatever the hell is out there now...... Man I remember how proud my Dad was when he was succesfully able to change out the bad tube on the 25 inch console TV with turntable that was the mainstay in our living room until the mid to late '70s.... He simply plugged the bad tube into a machine at Eckerd and got the new tube and Voila, good tv again. Now we complain if we miss 5 minutes of TV or internet coverage... Times have changed, in 30 years the technology will be like magic or alien to us old farts who grew up in the '70s..... .
I still haven't figured out how to use an Ipod/MP3 player and I only got my first LCD tv a year ago.  And yes my pride and joy back in my early 20s was something like  this:

with 4 huge speakers
Skull and Bones that looks like one rocking sound machine!  Reminds me a bit of my high school years where once everyone got their first car (mine a '67 Mustang) that we'd challenge the electrical system by installing some sort of loud Pioneer AM/FM cassette deck with 3 way speakers in the back and and amp to boost it all!  My Dad did not understand why I simply did not stick with a Krako or Jensen with the front oval speaker..... Anhow, nice pic Skull and Bones I bet it could blow a fuse or circuit breaker back in the day!  ;)
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who remember's this toy from the late 70s? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools