Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who remember's this toy from the late 70s? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 10, 2010, 04:22:21 PM

Remember this one?

Stratobuc

Starter
#16 : August 10, 2010, 04:23:34 PM

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 10, 2010, 06:37:31 PM

TCR slotless race tracks were the best. I'm amazed that they stopped making them. My brother had a set-up in our den that was sick!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 10, 2010, 06:48:53 PM

How about Stomper trucks?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 10, 2010, 06:53:14 PM

Stratego is/was a wonderful game

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 10, 2010, 07:06:06 PM

got this toy for Christmas one year(probably 76 0r 77)

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 10, 2010, 09:36:58 PM

I haven't seen those things in years!!  My best friend and I would build tracks in the dirt for them to run through with little wooden bridges for hours!  THAT IS AWESOME!!  I've already forwarded it to him. 

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#22 : August 10, 2010, 09:40:28 PM

I don't remember that one and I'm 47.   By the late 70's though I was more into sports, girls, etc.   I was more into toys in the late 60's and early 70's.   

Stuff like this:

[

Hot wheels track

Although we did play things like this in the late 70's.

Rock em sock em Robots were king, remember the STP racers?  AH, Stratego and Risk, used to play that with my sis and friends on many a n afternoon or or on a rainy Saturday after watching Creature Feature on WTOG with Dr. Paul Bearer and then waiting for Gordon Solie's Cahampionshoip wrestling from Florida.  Anyone remember Mattels football that came out in 1978 or '79 with the 3 blips of light that only went one way with an option of rushing down of 3 lanes against the game or the Coleco version that actually let you pass and play defense .  That was the year that the Bucs went Worst to First.  I'll never forget that year when I was  a 14 year old in Temple Terrace and saw my Bucs come damn close to winning it all! good memories and good posts from all!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 10, 2010, 10:09:34 PM

Did anyone else build this model?   It had a skeleton that popped up and stabbed the board with a knife.   We used to put little pictures of the opposing team's logo on that board each week back in 1976 and have the skeleton stab them.   Obviously, that strategy never worked. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 10, 2010, 11:20:44 PM

Anyone remember Mattels football that came out in 1978 or '79 with the 3 blips of light that only went one way with an option of rushing down of 3 lanes against the game or the Coleco version that actually let you pass and play defense .

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 10, 2010, 11:34:30 PM

Dear god had totally forgotten those things but yes, played with them for hours on end.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 10, 2010, 11:38:10 PM

You can play it online:
http://www.metaforge.net/olg/webstratego/index.jsp

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 10, 2010, 11:57:57 PM

You can play it online:
http://www.metaforge.net/olg/webstratego/index.jsp

Online?   The fun of stratego is talking trash to the person you are playing it against.   

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 11, 2010, 08:48:47 AM

Rock em sock em Robots were king, remember the STP racers?  AH, Stratego and Risk, used to play that with my sis and friends on many a n afternoon or or on a rainy Saturday after watching Creature Feature on WTOG with Dr. Paul Bearer and then waiting for Gordon Solie's Cahampionshoip wrestling from Florida.  Anyone remember Mattels football that came out in 1978 or '79 with the 3 blips of light that only went one way with an option of rushing down of 3 lanes against the game or the Coleco version that actually let you pass and play defense .  That was the year that the Bucs went Worst to First.  I'll never forget that year when I was  a 14 year old in Temple Terrace and saw my Bucs come damn close to winning it all! good memories and good posts from all!
Report to moderator  Logged Last Edit: 08/10/2010 09:44:46 PM by FortMyersDave

I remember vividly watching Creature Feature on Saturdays on channel 44 if I'm not mistaken!  Then wrestling would follow.  I looked forward to going to the strawberry festival every year and watching wrestling there too....Gordon was such a great announcer to a kid!!
I got to meet Dr. Paul Bearer riding in his hearse outside of the Jerry Lewis Mall in Lakeland back in the 70's....pretty scary dude to a kid.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#29 : August 11, 2010, 10:11:55 AM

This is great! Aside from that garloo thing and the dead Man's Raft, I've had ll these things at one point, or another. I also had REAL Tonka Trucks and GI Joe
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who remember's this toy from the late 70s? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools