Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

: August 10, 2010, 12:01:18 AM

How is he even still on this roster?, he seems like he is just taking away reps from better receivers. It sounds like he has had a bad training camp. I hope he gets cut soon.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 10, 2010, 12:03:40 AM

How is he even still on this roster?

Answer: To quote Michael Clayton, "The check is in the bank".

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 10, 2010, 12:07:16 AM

He's not taking reps from anybody. He's running with the 3rd stringers and getting out performed by Terrence Nunn.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 10, 2010, 12:09:53 AM

He's not taking reps from anybody. He's running with the 3rd stringers and getting out performed by Terrence Nunn.

I rather have Preston Parker and Brooks getting reps over Clayton.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 10, 2010, 12:12:53 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, Clayton is better than both of them.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 10, 2010, 12:16:09 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, Clayton is better than both of them.

It just pains me to think Clayton is getting paid what he is. lol

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#6 : August 10, 2010, 12:28:38 AM

Clayton is still a top 6 receiver on this team...cutting him "just to do it" would be foolish...I'm glad a lot of you guys aren't GM's.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 10, 2010, 12:41:56 AM

Clayton is still a top 6 receiver on this team...cutting him "just to do it" would be foolish...I'm glad a lot of you guys aren't GM's.

we are a better team without clayton.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 10, 2010, 12:43:22 AM

When is the last time the Bucs went through a season without a key receiver coming up lame with an injury? Clayton's already guaranteed the money. 17 weeks is a long time to keep players healthy. Nothing wrong with keeping him on as insurance.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 10, 2010, 12:54:00 AM

I don't believe this. I have never seen so many Clayton apologists in a single thread.

Clayton is GARBAGE! Please explain to me how insurance from a guy who drops passes, slow as a turtle, and hasn't done anything since 2004. Think about it...2004. 6 years ago. Six. Let that sink in. Six years. Seis anos. My god people.

Clayton sucks and to prove that watch how if he was cut he would not make an NFL roster. His best chance is AFL or CFL. Teams want talent and a one trick pony WR (blocking) defeats the purpose of being a WR. Might as well be a blocking TE.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 10, 2010, 12:58:22 AM

A Clayton apologist would have told us all about how he should be a starting WR, no one did that in this thread. He's taking snaps with people of his caliber... the **CENSORED** team. If he's tied for the worst spot with 2 other WR's, who's going to get that last spot? The guy they already invested a lot of money in to. If Clayton was running with the 1st team, that would be a legitimate problem. But he isn't.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 10, 2010, 01:01:26 AM

A Clayton apologist would have told us all about how he should be a starting WR, no one did that in this thread. He's taking snaps with people of his caliber... the crap team. If he's tied for the worst spot with 2 other WR's, who's going to get that last spot? The guy they already invested a lot of money in to. If Clayton was running with the 1st team, that would be a legitimate problem. But he isn't.

Mike Williams
Arrelious Benn
Sammie Stroughter
Maurice Stovall
Reggie Brown
Micheal Spurlock ( Seems this guy is making plays every day in TC, not to mention his benefit as a PR/KR)

What has Parker, Clayton, or any of the scrubs done?

The Glazers got rid of Bryant for a subpar 9 million dollar season, they can do the same with Mike Clayton. Besides thats money SAVED in the long run. To the tune of 15 million.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 10, 2010, 01:03:04 AM

A Clayton apologist would have told us all about how he should be a starting WR, no one did that in this thread. He's taking snaps with people of his caliber... the crap team. If he's tied for the worst spot with 2 other WR's, who's going to get that last spot? The guy they already invested a lot of money in to. If Clayton was running with the 1st team, that would be a legitimate problem. But he isn't.
The Glazers got rid of Bryant for a subpar 9 million dollar season, they can do the same with Mike Clayton.

How much was Bryant owed by the Bucs for this year on forward? And was his "subpar" season the real reason why he wasn't kept?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 10, 2010, 01:06:04 AM

The Glazers got rid of Bryant for a subpar 9 million dollar season, they can do the same with Mike Clayton.

How much was Bryant owed by the Bucs for this year on forward? And was his "subpar" season the real reason why he wasn't kept?

If the dude was able to churn out a 1000 yards with that bum knee....I think they woulda kept him and used a draft pick on defensive help or something else. Point is that Bryant was paid 10 million basically for 1 year. Clayton only has 10 mil G'Teed. Take your losses, please a MULTITUDE of fans, make room for a talented younger player and move on. Clayton would be relegated to ST duty and I don't want him responsible for anything for the Bucs anymore. He sucks and he deserves to be cut.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#14 : August 10, 2010, 01:41:30 AM

Mike Williams
Arrelious Benn
Sammie Stroughter
Maurice Stovall
Reggie Brown
Micheal Spurlock ( Seems this guy is making plays every day in TC, not to mention his benefit as a PR/KR)

What has Parker, Clayton, or any of the scrubs done?

The Glazers got rid of Bryant for a subpar 9 million dollar season, they can do the same with Mike Clayton. Besides thats money SAVED in the long run. To the tune of 15 million.

First of all, clayton has accomplished as much as reggie brown, if not more..

Second of all, clayton is much better than stovall and spurlock.

Just because his 80 catch days seem to be over, doesn't mean that the 30-40 catches he's been catching per season since than isn't better than almost every other reciever we currently have...not to mention he's still not only the best blocker in the team, he's arguably the best in the league.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools