Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#135 : August 11, 2010, 09:56:56 AM

Cut this turd

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#136 : August 11, 2010, 12:48:39 PM

Put him at Safety since he loves the contact so much, and get something for the money he's earning. He'll probably have just as many interceptions as he's had receptions!

I'd take 35 interceptions from the safety position....

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#137 : August 11, 2010, 07:55:15 PM

Put him at Safety since he loves the contact so much, and get something for the money he's earning. He'll probably have just as many interceptions as he's had receptions!�

I'd take 35 interceptions from the safety position....

You had 16 catches last year Michael. Get off PR.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#138 : August 11, 2010, 08:44:02 PM

No one here is defending clayton. Nobody has said he's the best receiver on the team, or that this is the year he's finally gonna go back to rookie form. All anyone has said is that even though he'll never be the same receiver that he was, he still isn't worse than 6 other receivers on this team. Plus he's still a great blocker, and he'll be eating up 5 million in cap whether he's on this team or not. We might as well keep him and utilize what he gives us in certain situations as a blocker and 3rd or 4th target at receiver.

I don't like clayton at all...But you guys are the ones who are biased...you let your personal hate for him make him out to be worse than he is.

At his contract, he's not worth keeping as a 3rd/4th string WR.

I swear you're just as dumb as you were 3 years ago on the TBBBB.

BucsRule80

Starter

#139 : August 12, 2010, 09:35:01 AM

Forget the money. Just drop the loser. Thats what I'd do. He's the worst WR I've ever laid eyes on. Hellen Keller could make more catches than Clayton. Stephen Hawking could as well.

Thought you were serious at first but i'm liking the sarcasm

I wasn't being sarcastic man.

He is a Clayton lover/apologist. Either this is Clayton or he is related to Clayton or something. Nobody can make the argument to keep Clayton at all.
Really? It's not too hard to make an arguement. The only WR's that are better than Clayton that are currently on the roster are Benn, Williams, Stroughter, and Brown and we are going to have 5 WR's on the team, so yea, he stays on.

I love you guys all bash Clayton, but no one says a peep about Maurice Stovall. He is the same thing besides he fumbles a lot as well as having terrible hands and he can play special teams. At least Clayton had an actual quality season in the league.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#140 : August 12, 2010, 10:46:59 AM

One season does not a career make.

BucsRule80

Starter

#141 : August 12, 2010, 01:08:40 PM

No, it doesn't. When did I ever say it did. I am just saying at least Clayton had a productive season while Stovall has never done crap.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#142 : August 12, 2010, 01:10:25 PM

No, it doesn't. When did I ever say it did. I am just saying at least Clayton had a productive season while Stovall has never done crap.

Who has more upside? And who was buried on the depth chart under Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard while Stovall was playing?

BucsRule80

Starter

#143 : August 12, 2010, 01:19:07 PM

Who has more upside? And who was buried on the depth chart under Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard while Stovall was playing?

Honestly, I think Clayton has more upside. I don't see Stovall ever being a good WR. Other than having good size, he really has nothing else going for him. Clayton has showed me more than Stovall has. I know he will probably never be any good again, but there still is a chance. With Stovall, I really don't think there is a chance of him turning into much of a WR.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#144 : August 12, 2010, 01:46:28 PM

Honestly, I think Clayton has more upside. I don't see Stovall ever being a good WR. Other than having good size, he really has nothing else going for him. Clayton has showed me more than Stovall has. I know he will probably never be any good again, but there still is a chance. With Stovall, I really don't think there is a chance of him turning into much of a WR.

John Goodman has more upside than Clayton.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#145 : August 12, 2010, 09:55:28 PM

John Goodman has more upside that Clayton.

haha....and Roseanne Bar.

Island Buc

Rookie
#146 : August 12, 2010, 10:42:14 PM

When Clayton was drafted he had just enough speed for separation.  4 knee surgeries after his first year and he no longer has the speed for separation.  He also probably has a slight astigmatism and this coupled with all the alcohol after his first year, he probably doesn't quite see the ball properly, and it is in on him before the eyes adjust,  and, to his surprise, he drops it.

The 4 kneee surgeries came about because he was really trying when the injuries occurred and then compounded the problem by playing when he should have been in re-hab.

My guess is that many of those who are so harsh on Clayton never played football at the professional level.

Clayton today is probably not of much help to the Bucs;  but deserving of such bitterness and harshness---no

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#147 : August 12, 2010, 10:45:40 PM

Quote from: ISLAND BUC
Deserving of such harshness and bitterness---no.

I disagree. In fact, I don't think people are harsh ENOUGH regarding Clayton. Its not just his pedestrian performances on the field... its also the harsh words HE has for others.

I really can't find even ONE reason to like the guy. He's worthless. I wouldn't even want him to be a JANITOR at One Buc Place... he's what the janitor carries out to the dumpster.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools