Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#30 : August 10, 2010, 05:04:08 PM

Okay I'll lay down some of the numbers.

MC's total career average for yards per season is 489 yards. Along with 37 receptions per season.

Now the numbers when you take away his very first season ,2004.  From 2005 through 2009 he has averaged  348 yards per season, 28 receptions per season, and 3 total TDs.

Now for Reggie Brown. 2005 he started in 11 games, 2006 started in 15, 2007 started in 14, 2008 started in 3, and 2009 started in 2. If you average the numbers from where Brown actually played ( 2005- 2007, 3 seasons) it looks like this:

722 yards per season
50 receptions per season.

Even if you do average the numbers for his career total (which means throwing in two seasons where he barely saw the field) it looks like this:

514 Yards per season
35 catches per season (Thats with averaging in a season in which he had 18 catches and a season with only 9 cacthes.)

Also an interesting thing is his receptions per season were increasing every year untill he got thrown in the back of the depth chart. Oh and 17 total TDs without really playing 2 seasons. MC has 10 total TDs throughout his career. 3 TDs throughout the past 5 years.

You forgot to mention that Reggie Brown had McNabb throwing to him his whole career and Clayton had, well, you know, throwing to him. Not saying Brown is bad or Clayton is good but who your QB is can definitely skew the numbers.

Exactly, not to mention the eagles were pass heavy and mcnabb chucked the ball downfield all day...of course brown's gonna score more...I have no doubt in my mind if they were switched clayton would have much better numbers...They're almost identical now, and that's with the eagles having a much much better offense and never a very good #1 receiver outside of T.O......Tampa Had Galloway and than Bryant, and we all know grudens offense favored the #1 reciever more than the two....Sure last season clayton didn't put up great numbers, but we had 3 different quarterbacks and a horrible team. No skill player put up good numbers last year aside from winslow....it's not like clayton was targeted very much...when he was targeted he caught the ball...he had very few drops last year

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 10, 2010, 05:07:19 PM

MC's total career average for yards per season is 489 yards. Along with 37 receptions per season.

Now the numbers when you take away his very first season ,2004.  From 2005 through 2009 he has averaged  348 yards per season, 28 receptions per season, and 3 total TDs.

Now for Reggie Brown. 2005 he started in 11 games, 2006 started in 15, 2007 started in 14, 2008 started in 3, and 2009 started in 2. If you average the numbers from where Brown actually played ( 2005- 2007, 3 seasons) it looks like this:

722 yards per season

Even if you do average the numbers for his career total (which means throwing in two seasons where he barely saw the field) it looks like this:

514 Yards per season
35 catches per season (Thats with averaging in a season in which he had 18 catches and a season with only 9 cacthes.)

Also an interesting thing is his receptions per season were increasing every year untill he got thrown in the back of the depth chart. Oh and 17 total TDs without really playing 2 seasons. MC has 10 total TDs throughout his career. 3 TDs throughout the past 5 years.

You forgot to mention that Reggie Brown had McNabb throwing to him his whole career and Clayton had, well, you know, throwing to him. Not saying Brown is bad or Clayton is good but who your QB is can definitely skew the numbers.

Go ahead and look at what kind of year McNabb had during Reggie Browns productive seasons in Philly. You'll find that they were some of McNabb's worst seasons. I was just putting there individual stats up there and showing what there averages realistically are. If you want to look at everything and not just stats (which everyone should always do) you'd have to point out how MC sucks at catching and is really slow. I would definitely still favor Brown over MC if we were to factor in other things. Brown simply moves or runs like a WR should. MC looks kind of like a lumbering WR with stone hands.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 10, 2010, 05:08:22 PM

Dude...you can't make an argument for Clayton. Please just stop. This guy would barely be on any team. He is only here because he signed that contract. If he was on a 1 year deal he would be gone already. Please he has no upside anywhere but the bench so theres no reason to keep him.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 10, 2010, 05:10:28 PM

Now the numbers when you take away his very first season ,2004.  From 2005 through 2009 he has averaged  348 yards per season, 28 receptions per season, and 3 total TDs.

722 yards per season

514 Yards per season

...when he was targeted he caught the ball...he had very few drops last year

I could have sworn that I was so pissed last year because Clayton coudln't catch tons of passes thrown right to his hands. I might be mistaking it for another season but I'm almost positive I was so pissed last year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 10, 2010, 06:35:53 PM

If one watches a PRACTICE session one would see a wide receiver when Brown runs his routes, and catches the ball with his hands.  One does NOT see that when #80 takes his turn.  #80 is responsible for the creation of a football term, that being 'wide blocker', a term used frequently on the Insider Board. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 10, 2010, 06:46:47 PM

I am honestly flabberghasted that this team hasn't asked Clayton to pack on some pounds to play TE.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 10, 2010, 07:03:24 PM

Forget the money. Just drop the loser. Thats what I'd do. He's the worst WR I've ever laid eyes on. Hellen Keller could make more catches than Clayton. Stephen Hawking could as well.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 10, 2010, 07:06:13 PM

I am honestly flabberghasted that this team hasn't asked Clayton to pack on some pounds to play TE.

TEs are expected to catch the ball - just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#38 : August 10, 2010, 07:07:14 PM

Forget the money. Just drop the loser. Thats what I'd do. He's the worst WR I've ever laid eyes on. Hellen Keller could make more catches than Clayton. Stephen Hawking could as well.

Thought you were serious at first but i'm liking the sarcasm

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 10, 2010, 07:09:36 PM

TEs are expected to catch the ball - just sayin'

Way I see it is it would cancel it out. Shift over Stonehands and let someone else on the field who can catch. Meanwhile, he can easily beast some DE's and LB's by telling them that they are going to throw him the ball this play and have them fall over laughing.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 10, 2010, 07:19:04 PM

I wasn't being sarcastic man.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 10, 2010, 07:20:15 PM

He is a Clayton lover/apologist. Either this is Clayton or he is related to Clayton or something. Nobody can make the argument to keep Clayton at all.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#42 : August 10, 2010, 07:26:18 PM

He is a Clayton lover/apologist. Either this is Clayton or he is related to Clayton or something. Nobody can make the argument to keep Clayton at all.

For you to be right, there would have to be 6 receivers on our roster who not only are more purely talented, but also bring more things to the table than him such as experience and blocking. Add to that, that they'd have to be so much better and so much more important to have instead of clayton, that the money we'd be losing that is gaurunteed to him wouldn't be considered a waste. So, what bubble reciever that has never had the production clayton has had, hasn't spent as many years in the nfl, and isn't as good of a blocker as him is worth 5 million dollars a year?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 10, 2010, 07:31:59 PM

For you to be right, there would have to be 6 receivers on our roster who not only are more purely talented, but also bring more things to the table than him such as experience and blocking. Add to that, that they'd have to be so much better and so much more important to have instead of clayton, that the money we'd be losing that is gaurunteed to him wouldn't be considered a waste. So, what bubble reciever that has never had the production clayton has had, hasn't spent as many years in the nfl, and isn't as good of a blocker as him is worth 5 million dollars a year?

Larry Brackins.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 10, 2010, 07:35:09 PM

How about these six wrs

Mike Williams - no need to explain
Arrelious Benn - no need to explain
Sammie Stroughter - no need to explain
Maurice Stovall - he does everything Clayton does, better, and cheaper - and isn't all that himself.
Reggie Brown - he is experienced in the league, he can run patterns with pace, get deep AND catch the ball
Micheal Spurloch - he is Clayton's target - but Spurloch can catch the ball, run fast, and has a second purpose as a returner. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools