Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just drafted my first team.. opinions? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#15 : August 10, 2010, 07:54:59 PM

QB = Good
RB = Average
WR = Weak (No #1 WRs on there except for maybe Floyd and Bowe)
TE = Very Good
K = Good
DEF = Average/Good

You dont think Rodgers is great or Boldin is a #1 wideout?

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 10, 2010, 08:01:57 PM

Just curious, where did you pick in the draft?  I am guessing around 7th so that you could get Rogers and Jackson both in the first 14 picks......

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 10, 2010, 08:05:02 PM

QB = Good
RB = Average
TE = Very Good
K = Good
DEF = Average/Good

Rodgers is a good solid choice. I just dont think Matt Ryan will add much. If its a 2 QB league then Ryan is your weakness. I would package Stewart and Cooley for another QB and Wr.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#18 : August 10, 2010, 11:14:55 PM

Just curious, where did you pick in the draft?  I am guessing around 7th so that you could get Rogers and Jackson both in the first 14 picks......

Picked 8th which IMO is the absolute worst pick to have this year.

This league BTW starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#19 : August 10, 2010, 11:15:47 PM

Also wanted to say that this is a free league, only signed up to get a feel for where players were going this year. My $50 buy-in draft isnt until after the 3rd preseason game.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 11, 2010, 09:29:57 AM

I'd say while your wide receivers aren't world beaters as far as the NFL is concerned, for fantasy purposes Boldin, Bowe, and Floyd all are in positions to get A LOT of action because their teams have such questionable depth there.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 11, 2010, 11:02:09 AM

This was a 10-team league, thoughts and opinions on it?

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan
RB- Steven Jackson, Jonathon Stewert, Jerome Harrison, Justin Forsett
WR- Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe, Donald Driver, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones
TE- Kellen Winslow, Chris Cooley
K- Sebastian Janikowski
DEF/ST- Dolphins

QB- Excellent (you'll never use Ryan except for a bye week replacement.)
RB- Good (I like Forsett but be ready for headaches with Jackson/Stewart they are always listed as questionable on the injury report.  If healthy though, then upgrade to solid.)
WR-OK (see above comment and apply to Boldin.  Not a huge Bowe fan either.  Jones and Floyd could have some upside though and move the chains to good.)
TE- Very good (hopefully K2 is all you need  ;)   )
K- Good for long range FG's
DEF- Average

Turn the page.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#22 : August 12, 2010, 12:10:22 AM

I'd say while your wide receivers aren't world beaters as far as the NFL is concerned, for fantasy purposes Boldin, Bowe, and Floyd all are in positions to get A LOT of action because their teams have such questionable depth there.

Thats why I went after them. I think Boldin is going to have a huge year, better than what Derrick Mason did as their #1. Bowe from what I've heard is tearing it up in Weis' offense and Floyd is the #1 in San Diego this year and is in a contract year.

X Factor

Starter
#23 : August 14, 2010, 12:04:47 PM

I'd say you are st8 pretty much everywhere except RB. I like the QB's you picked up, after a few games when someone's starter bombs you will be able to trade him for a good RB most likely. Maybe the same senario for your TE's.

I don't keep my team like that tho, I usually draft one QB and one TE and have a extra WR and RB and then during their bye weeks just drop whoever is not playing well and pick up a replacement off the waiver wires. And not a fan of the 10 team leagues either but thats just me...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

burger40

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 14, 2010, 04:48:53 PM

QB = Good
RB = Average
TE = Very Good
K = Good
DEF = Average/Good

pretty darn good team. Rodgers will be top 3. good RBs except Stewart can be streaky depending on red zone looks. WR isn't great but i like both boldin and driver. driver freaking destroyed jennings value last year (i owned jennings) by constantly being the leading WR week in week out.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

X Factor

Starter
#25 : August 14, 2010, 05:59:19 PM

QB = Good
RB = Average
TE = Very Good
K = Good
DEF = Average/Good

pretty darn good team. Rodgers will be top 3. good RBs except Stewart can be streaky depending on red zone looks. WR isn't great but i like both boldin and driver. driver freaking destroyed jennings value last year (i owned jennings) by constantly being the leading WR week in week out.

As far as the RBs are concerned I don't agree. Stephen Jackson is way overrated in regards to Fantasy Football. Your right Stewart can be streaky, but as a backup his numbers are comparable and he probably spent his first pick on Jackson. Jerome Harrison/Justin Forsett, mehh...  But like I said his QBs are great, he will probably be able to trade one for a really good back after a few weeks...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just drafted my first team.. opinions? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools