Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You know what really grinds my gears? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 10, 2010, 10:24:28 PM

This is sort of like the philosophical question: If you could be told the exact date and time of your death, would you want to know? Imagine how different you would live your life just by knowing that little piece of information...

I read a comic book back in the 70's called Weird Tales or something like that.   A guy was told his exact date and time of death.   At first he didn't believe it, but when the other people who had been told they were going to die soon were actually dying at the time they were told they would, he believed it.    He had been told he'd live 60 more years.   So he became a daredevil like Evil Kneivel.    He made a lot of money putting on shows where he performed dangerous tasks knowing he would live 60 more years anyway.    In one of his shows though, he was badly injured and lost both arms, both legs, his sight and ability to speak.   The last caption of the comic book was the guy laying in the hospital as a vegetable all wrapped in bandages with no arms or legs thinking to himself "60 more years.....".   

I thought that was great.   

Stratobuc

Starter
#31 : August 11, 2010, 12:46:46 AM

twilight zone-ish

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 11, 2010, 02:05:43 AM

Why would you cry or panic if you're part of a religion that has a rewarding afterlife? Surely you should be thankful that time is up on this world, you've enjoyed it, but now you're moving onto better things. I didn't cry my last day of my mediocre high school years because I knew I was going off to college where I would be happier. Funny how believers are the most insecure and scared about the end of their life, and have to make up crap like "there's no atheists in foxholes" to make themselves feel better. I'd happily party and have sex with whoever.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 11, 2010, 02:58:08 AM

"One"

Great song.

#34 : August 11, 2010, 11:27:54 PM

alritey then, what would you consider the best way to die... other than in your sleep?

lightning bolt to the skull? quick but what if the electricity goes arouns the brain instead of thru it?

.50 caliber round between the eyes? fast and sure but messy

CO2 OD? very painless but you said "not in your sleep" and you'd fall asleep before dying.

My choice comes from a movie...

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 12, 2010, 06:41:28 AM

I would suppose that what really grinds your gears is the inability to drive with a manual transmission...get your clutch checked too. ;)

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 12, 2010, 08:00:21 PM

You know what grinds my gears......women that fall in love with celebrities(rich) like Michael Cera but if the celebrity was a K-Mart cart collector, they wouldn't even give him the time of day...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 12, 2010, 09:42:58 PM

Is this what you're pissed about?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You know what really grinds my gears? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools