Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LEWIS RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO WIN NICKEL CB SPOT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: August 10, 2010, 10:31:10 PM

Tampa Bay's hopes for rookie Myron Lewis, the team's third-round draft pick, winning the nickel cornerback job during training camp are in jeopardy due to a serious hamstring injury that has head coach Raheem Morris concerned. Read Scott Reynolds' report on Lewis for Fox Sports by clicking here.

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/7267

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 10, 2010, 10:33:17 PM

Honestly, I didn't expect him to have it even before the injury. I think (as long as he recovers) he'll get the spot by the end of the season though.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#2 : August 10, 2010, 10:58:57 PM

I speak for this entire forum when I say that we NEED Elbert Mack to play well, regardless of Myron Lewis' health. You need to be 4 corners deep to be good at that position and Mack was really inconsistent last year.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 10, 2010, 11:32:27 PM

I speak for this entire forum when I say that we NEED Elbert Mack to play well, regardless of Myron Lewis' health. You need to be 4 corners deep to be good at that position and Mack was really inconsistent last year.

Didn't he start to come on once we got back into the T2? Not sure if it was the Bates system of T2.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 10, 2010, 11:40:41 PM

He's been lit like a candle this offseason so right now I'm more concerned about Lewis stepping up because Mack at CB3 is not a happy thought.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#5 : August 10, 2010, 11:50:36 PM

Let's trade for Revis. Put  Rhonde back at nickle. And slide M. Lewis back at safety!( Hey... a man can dream can't he?) ;D

Damn Rah :-/.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 11, 2010, 12:23:20 AM

He's been hurt the entire camp? I didn't realize that...

pewterpirates

Starter
#7 : August 11, 2010, 12:25:58 AM

Let's trade for Revis. Put Rhonde back at nickle. And slide M. Lewis back at safety!( Hey... a man can dream can't he?) ;D
we wish!

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

kbl11

Starter

#8 : August 11, 2010, 12:45:18 AM

Didn't he start to come on once we got back into the T2? Not sure if it was the Bates system of T2.

the pathetic pass rush made it impossible to  judge Mack last year, good or bad

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 11, 2010, 01:27:06 AM

Mack had a couple good games. Seattle and Green Bay come to mind. Let's see what he can do with a pass rush.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#10 : August 11, 2010, 02:13:10 AM

Mack had a couple good games. Seattle and Green Bay come to mind. Let's see what he can do with a pass rush.

Mack got toasted for a 75 yard TD against Green Bay. Just because he ended up with an interception doesn't mean he had a good game.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#11 : August 11, 2010, 03:48:42 AM

Mack is OK, but I will be disappointed if Biggers can not take the nickel job away.  The problem is that we move Rhonde to the nickle corner when we go to that set and Mack is not a good outside corner.  At this rate, Lewis, may be on the PUP to start the season.  Good news, he is a keeper and probably a starter next year if he can get on the field.  I still think he is in the nickle package at some point this year once his injury woes are behind him

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#12 : August 11, 2010, 03:49:49 AM

Mack got toasted for a 75 yard TD against Green Bay. Just because he ended up with an interception doesn't mean he had a good game.

Hence me callin him inconsistent..

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 11, 2010, 06:30:54 AM

I'm not confident in this situation, I thought he would be good enough to start as the nickle and then eventually take a starting spot away from Ronde midway through the season. Ronde was statistically one of the worst CBs in the league last year, I hope he can muster up a good season now that there's a better pash rush and the Tampa 2 is back. 

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#14 : August 11, 2010, 08:42:26 AM

Raheem's giving Lewis every chance to claim that  nickle spot with the thought of him unseating Barber durng the season. Mack got caught playing patty cake with Pisspoorcateli last year too many times. If Biggers can't keep the spot warm until Lewis heals, hopefully won of the other young DB's steps up. 

Damn Rah :-/.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LEWIS RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO WIN NICKEL CB SPOT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools