Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LEWIS RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO WIN NICKEL CB SPOT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 11, 2010, 10:48:58 AM

I have faith in Mack at the nickel position and playing underneath coverages within the Tampa 2. I am excited to see what Biggers will do, as he will likely get more reps as a result of Lewis' hamstring. They ought to play either him or Mack in the 2nd series, if not both to replace Barber and Talib this weekend.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 11, 2010, 05:54:48 PM

Mack is not as bad as many of you think. Many a good CB has given up a TD; when he comes back later in the same game and gets an INT, I consider that a plus.
Good point about the pass rush; the lack of any last year really hurt the CB's and S's.
    I didn't expect a rookie to immediately get in the mix. We'll see about Biggers; he was a bit disappointing last year even before his injury... Hopefully he'll improve
this year and stay healthy.

#17 : August 11, 2010, 07:09:09 PM

At this rate, Lewis, may be on the PUP to start the season. 

Only way he goes on the PUP is if the Bucs own a DeLorean with a flux capacitor.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 11, 2010, 08:14:03 PM

I speak for this entire forum when I say that we NEED Elbert Mack to play well, regardless of Myron Lewis' health. You need to be 4 corners deep to be good at that position and Mack was really inconsistent last year.

Didn't he start to come on once we got back into the T2? Not sure if it was the Bates system of T2.

the pathetic pass rush made it impossible to  judge Mack last year, good or bad
Mack had a couple good games. Seattle and Green Bay come to mind. Let's see what he can do with a pass rush.

Mack got toasted for a 75 yard TD against Green Bay. Just because he ended up with an interception doesn't mean he had a good game.
Let's not jump to the conclusion that Aaron Rodgers is a pushover of a QB. Lots of good DB's got toasted by him.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 10, 2010, 10:31:10 PM

Tampa Bay's hopes for rookie Myron Lewis, the team's third-round draft pick, winning the nickel cornerback job during training camp are in jeopardy due to a serious hamstring injury that has head coach Raheem Morris concerned. Read Scott Reynolds' report on Lewis for Fox Sports by clicking here.

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/7267

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 10, 2010, 10:33:17 PM

Honestly, I didn't expect him to have it even before the injury. I think (as long as he recovers) he'll get the spot by the end of the season though.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#21 : August 10, 2010, 10:58:57 PM

I speak for this entire forum when I say that we NEED Elbert Mack to play well, regardless of Myron Lewis' health. You need to be 4 corners deep to be good at that position and Mack was really inconsistent last year.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 10, 2010, 11:32:27 PM

Didn't he start to come on once we got back into the T2? Not sure if it was the Bates system of T2.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 10, 2010, 11:40:41 PM

He's been lit like a candle this offseason so right now I'm more concerned about Lewis stepping up because Mack at CB3 is not a happy thought.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#24 : August 10, 2010, 11:50:36 PM

Let's trade for Revis. Put  Rhonde back at nickle. And slide M. Lewis back at safety!( Hey... a man can dream can't he?) ;D

Damn Rah :-/.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 11, 2010, 12:23:20 AM

He's been hurt the entire camp? I didn't realize that...

pewterpirates

Starter
#26 : August 11, 2010, 12:25:58 AM

Let's trade for Revis. Put Rhonde back at nickle. And slide M. Lewis back at safety!( Hey... a man can dream can't he?) ;D
we wish!

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

kbl11

Starter

#27 : August 11, 2010, 12:45:18 AM

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 11, 2010, 01:27:06 AM

Mack had a couple good games. Seattle and Green Bay come to mind. Let's see what he can do with a pass rush.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#29 : August 11, 2010, 02:13:10 AM

Mack got toasted for a 75 yard TD against Green Bay. Just because he ended up with an interception doesn't mean he had a good game.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LEWIS RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO WIN NICKEL CB SPOT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools