Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LEWIS RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO WIN NICKEL CB SPOT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wolfet

Pro Bowler

« #30 : August 11, 2010, 03:48:42 AM »

Mack is OK, but I will be disappointed if Biggers can not take the nickel job away.  The problem is that we move Rhonde to the nickle corner when we go to that set and Mack is not a good outside corner.  At this rate, Lewis, may be on the PUP to start the season.  Good news, he is a keeper and probably a starter next year if he can get on the field.  I still think he is in the nickle package at some point this year once his injury woes are behind him

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #31 : August 11, 2010, 03:49:49 AM »

I speak for this entire forum when I say that we NEED Elbert Mack to play well, regardless of Myron Lewis' health. You need to be 4 corners deep to be good at that position and Mack was really inconsistent last year.

Didn't he start to come on once we got back into the T2? Not sure if it was the Bates system of T2.

the pathetic pass rush made it impossible to  judge Mack last year, good or bad
Mack had a couple good games. Seattle and Green Bay come to mind. Let's see what he can do with a pass rush.

Mack got toasted for a 75 yard TD against Green Bay. Just because he ended up with an interception doesn't mean he had a good game.

Hence me callin him inconsistent..

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 11, 2010, 06:30:54 AM »

I'm not confident in this situation, I thought he would be good enough to start as the nickle and then eventually take a starting spot away from Ronde midway through the season. Ronde was statistically one of the worst CBs in the league last year, I hope he can muster up a good season now that there's a better pash rush and the Tampa 2 is back. 

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

« #33 : August 11, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »

Raheem's giving Lewis every chance to claim that  nickle spot with the thought of him unseating Barber durng the season. Mack got caught playing patty cake with Pisspoorcateli last year too many times. If Biggers can't keep the spot warm until Lewis heals, hopefully won of the other young DB's steps up. 

Damn Rah :-/.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #34 : August 11, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »

I have faith in Mack at the nickel position and playing underneath coverages within the Tampa 2. I am excited to see what Biggers will do, as he will likely get more reps as a result of Lewis' hamstring. They ought to play either him or Mack in the 2nd series, if not both to replace Barber and Talib this weekend.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #35 : August 11, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »

Mack is not as bad as many of you think. Many a good CB has given up a TD; when he comes back later in the same game and gets an INT, I consider that a plus.
Good point about the pass rush; the lack of any last year really hurt the CB's and S's.
    I didn't expect a rookie to immediately get in the mix. We'll see about Biggers; he was a bit disappointing last year even before his injury... Hopefully he'll improve
this year and stay healthy.

« #36 : August 11, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »

At this rate, Lewis, may be on the PUP to start the season. 

Only way he goes on the PUP is if the Bucs own a DeLorean with a flux capacitor.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #37 : August 11, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »

I speak for this entire forum when I say that we NEED Elbert Mack to play well, regardless of Myron Lewis' health. You need to be 4 corners deep to be good at that position and Mack was really inconsistent last year.

Didn't he start to come on once we got back into the T2? Not sure if it was the Bates system of T2.

the pathetic pass rush made it impossible to  judge Mack last year, good or bad
Mack had a couple good games. Seattle and Green Bay come to mind. Let's see what he can do with a pass rush.

Mack got toasted for a 75 yard TD against Green Bay. Just because he ended up with an interception doesn't mean he had a good game.
Let's not jump to the conclusion that Aaron Rodgers is a pushover of a QB. Lots of good DB's got toasted by him.

Hide Tools Show Tools