Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst 3 Teams this year - Peter Schrager « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 12, 2010, 12:18:07 PM

Of course we are the 3 worst teams this year. We were one of the three worst teams last year. We haven't played a game since, so we haven't shown any improvement. We are the same team we were last year until we hit the field against the Browns. After that game, go ahead and make predictions.

#31 : August 12, 2010, 12:25:30 PM

look, if we don't beat the Browns by 2 TDs, then we are the same crappy team we were last year.   if we win by 1 TD or less, the jury is still out.  if we lose that game to a sorry Cleveland team, the entire fan base should stick its middle finger up at the ownership and demand more accountability by not attending any more games.   

The Q

Pro Bowler

#32 : August 12, 2010, 12:31:39 PM

The Bucs better beat the Browns in the first game....otherwise it looks like another 0-7 start is possible.
The Lions will be better, The Browns will be better, The Rams are the Rams.
The Steelers D will show up and the Panthers have had the Bucs number and they still have Steve Smith.
The Bucs could very well be picking in the top three again next year....IF THERE IS A DRAFT!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#33 : August 12, 2010, 12:34:26 PM

Anybody else confused as to how one of the three worst teams in the league can be EXPECTED to beat anyone, much less look down our noses at this year's opponents and count SEVEN wins. That there is some twisted logic, even for FloridaNative.  

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

#34 : August 12, 2010, 12:37:15 PM

Who they might take with No. 1 overall pick in 2011 draft: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia, Julio Jones, WR, Alabama; Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
Nuff said. Why would we take a WR that early. The OT rofl, why take a Tackle that high when LT is already set.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 12, 2010, 12:37:42 PM

In fact, almost EVERY player we have is average, to below average in their respective positions when compared to other NFL teams.   Faine and Joseph are better than average in their positions, but everyone else is worse than their counterparts on other teams.
This was the case last year because we started almost entirely veterans, but this year we just flat out don't know where many of our players rank because they haven't done anything. And just because they haven't done anything doesn't mean they stink. I don't think Derrick Brooks was the worst OLB in the NFL in August of 1995 just because he had yet to play a game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bash

Practice Squad

#36 : August 12, 2010, 01:05:51 PM

I can't get too upset about the article, because there was some truth in it. Had the author not forced the line about three teams that could go 0-16, it would have been a better article. Last year, the Bucs had a rookie head coach, fired their OC in preseason, and fired their DC mid-season. Once Morris took the team back closer to its defensive roots, we were more competitive, beating Seattle, Green Bay, and New Orleans with a rookie QB who didn't get many training camp snaps. I don't think we're going to win the NFC South. I don't think we're going to the playoffs in 2010. But, possibly 0-16? No way.

The possible #1 draft picks were also a head-scratcher. Funny things can happen at the draft--ask Detroit fans. Do I think we'll be drafting a WR with our #1? Possible, but that would be the wackiest move by Dominick since giving Clayton a nice pay-day. Can't see this happening. An OT? Well, those Glazers the author spoke of just opened their purses and re-signed their LOT. Penn might not be the ultimate OT, but do the Bucs try to upgrade at LOT a year after signing Penn to a multi-year contract? Possible, especially if he has a poor year. I'm guessing that the author wasn't suggesting that the Bucs draft a ROT with the #1 overall pick.

The Bucs went 0-13 last year. We all know the reasons that contributed to it. There are only a couple teams that we can say we should beat. The rest is up to the 2010 Bucs to beat. But, 0-16? Bucs a candidate to draft first overall? I only wish there was a "I'll take that bet" button attached to these ludicrous statements by some of the members of the media.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 12, 2010, 01:15:55 PM

To believe that the Bucs will be worse than they were last season would just be retarded.

On the coaching side of the ball Tampa is somewhat solidified. The Bucs don't have a DC per-say, but they aren't kicking coaches out ten days before PS either. Tampa lost TWO main coaches on a team that was rebuilding. To say that contenuity won't help is a joke. As bad as their options were last season, the Bucs managed NOT to be a 0-16 team somehow, so I really can't just jump aboard Schragers nonsense.

A new DL (that could be the best in league one day)

A crew of talented WR's (more so than in past). Sammy, Benn, and Williams are all great additions.

A few guys are on contract year, so they'll play hard. Ruud should be "ballin'" behind that line this season.

Consistency. Coaches are staying put. They could be better, but at least they aren't playing "musical-coach." It also helps that they all aren't on their first year...

Special teams. Tampa's ST was better than all the other crappy teams mentioned. With the same guys out there, does Peter actually think it would be worse?

Schedule? What's that!? ...Did he even LOOK? It's seriously easier than last season. There are at least 6 winnable games for even a team of last seasons caliber.

BAL is a shell of it's former self.

The same could be said of Carolina.

STL plays Tampa at home and they are awful anyway, to say the Bucs can't beat them is garbage.

PIT is falling apart at the seams.

Cleveland is a "ok" team, but I seriously doubt they can beat Tampa @ home. Hell, Detroit stinks (Even Suh is bad there), and Seattle is pathetic right now, so you can add those in as well.

With that said, there are 6-8 winnable games on Tampa's schedule. It would take an awful amount of bad mojo to place this team in the #1 draft spot. Peter is obviously not doing his homework.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 12, 2010, 01:17:38 PM

Just goes to show you how uninformed some sports writers, and fans are. I've seen predictions like this from fans, and writers alike in 2009 the Bucs were not a 3-13 team. That was just their record, if they got a few calls here or there they could've easily won 6 or 7 games. Looks at the film wins against Washington, ATL, Miami, and Carolina were all within reach, the ball didn't fall their way in those games and made them look worse than they were.

I have no doubt the Bucs will be much improved from 3-13 in 2010
Last years team was closer to 0-16 than winning those games...but hey keep drinking the kool aid

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

MHShoops

Rookie

#39 : August 12, 2010, 02:11:30 PM

FWIW here's the one he did last year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/These-teams-will-challenge-Lions-for-futility-in-'09

What a moron!  He wasn't even close.  All of those teams won at least 1 game.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 12, 2010, 02:25:25 PM

OK, I get that we could suck again this year. But WHY would we take another WR next year with the #1 overall pick after we drafted two guys this year and have Sammie from last year? Why, after we just signed our LT to a long term contract, would we go out and draft another OT?

Exactly, this proved to me he has no clue about the Buccaneers and should be added to the ignore list. WR and OL are way down the list of potential #1 picks for the Bucs.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#41 : August 12, 2010, 02:27:56 PM

Just goes to show you how uninformed some sports writers, and fans are. I've seen predictions like this from fans, and writers alike in 2009 the Bucs were not a 3-13 team. That was just their record, if they got a few calls here or there they could've easily won 6 or 7 games. Looks at the film wins against Washington, ATL, Miami, and Carolina were all within reach, the ball didn't fall their way in those games and made them look worse than they were.

I have no doubt the Bucs will be much improved from 3-13 in 2010
Not to mention a kicker in the early part of the season that couldn't hit a hole on a prostitute! I'm so glad teams have to actually go out and play games. And records are not decided on who people ASSume is the best!

Damn Rah :-/.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 12, 2010, 03:12:12 PM

Why is it such a stretch that a team with the 3rd worst record in the league last year could have one of the 3 worst records in the league in the upcoming year?

Its not. People get angry because we have a lot of young talent and POTENTIAL and hate to think that our guys wouldn't take another step this year towards reaching that. Plus considering how we ended the season and some of the subtle moves we made in the offseason true bucs fans see nothing but bright lights. We could go 2-14 but I don't think we will.

Even predicting 2-14 for the Bucs wouldn't really get my dander up.  I mean, I think the team will likely do better than that, but as a fan, I would.  Until the team proves otherwise, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that they're going to be pretty awful.  But going 0-16 is hard.  Really, really hard.  It represents a downright epic level of failure.  Saying that three teams could "could all very well" meet that mark is pure hyperbolistic rhetoric.

I don't think the Bucs will go 2-14 this upcoming year however considering how bad they looked last season, I don't see how labeling anyone as clueless because they don't see the supposed magnificent strides the team has made makes any sense. Most Bucs fans likely think the Rams, Lions and Browns will be pretty awful. Chances are they think that those who believe this are clueless.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 12, 2010, 03:13:50 PM

And just because they haven't done anything doesn't mean they stink.

Nor does it mean they are automatically upgrades in at least some positions.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 12, 2010, 03:15:24 PM

The Bucs could very well be picking in the top three again next year....IF THERE IS A DRAFT!

Even if there is a lockout, there will be a draft.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst 3 Teams this year - Peter Schrager « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools