Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton plans to "take it out on the Bucs" if cut. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

: August 12, 2010, 02:38:34 PM

TAMPA - The first game of the preseason is always preceded by the first depth chart of the season, and the most interesting thing about the depth chart the Buccaneers released this week centered on WR Michael Clayton.

Coming off the worst statistical season of his career, the former first-round draft pick is listed as one of the team's "other" receivers in a group that includes two undrafted rookies and an undrafted second-year pro.

Clayton, who was re-signed to a five-year, $24 million contract before last season, is behind at least six players on the depth chart, but he says his bubble status doesn't come as any surprise to him.

"They let me know coming in what it was," Clayton said Wednesday. "And it's not like I haven't been in this position before. I had to climb from being sixth on the depth chart once, so I know how to handle it."

So it seems. Coaches and General Manager Mark Dominik have said repeatedly Clayton has looked as good as any receiver in camp this year. The likelihood then is that Clayton's play in games will decide his fate.

"I don't know how it's all going to pan out, but we still have another month before the season starts," he said. "I mean, we haven't played a game yet and that's something I've (got) experience in."

Clayton's performance in regular-season games has often been disappointing. That's why he's on the bubble. But with so many young receivers on the roster, the Bucs may find some value in Clayton's experience. Clayton sure hopes so.

"I've been through a lot of different quarterbacks here, but Josh Freeman is the first franchise quarterback I've had a chance to play with," Clayton said. "To have a chance to grow and develop with him would mean a lot.

"I definitely want that opportunity. I really want a chance to grow with this new team and be the guy that once caught 80 balls again. I really hope that happens.

"But I wouldn't be disappointed if it went the other way. I would let the chips fall and I'd just have to do my best to take it out on the Bucs every single time I got the chance to play against them."

rest of article: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/aug/12/sp-clayton-at-end-of-depth-chart/sports-bucs/

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 12, 2010, 02:43:39 PM

Honestly, Clayton would be a better Buccaneer if he WAS on the other team. He'd be like our 12th man on defense.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 12, 2010, 03:01:03 PM

Feel kinda sorry for him. His fall has been sort of a mystery... But he brings absolutely nothing to the table on this team anymore. Cut bait...

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#3 : August 12, 2010, 03:06:53 PM

I hope he takes it out on us with that terrifying 1 catch per game and 3.5 yards per catch average he has. OooooOOOoooOOooo I'm sure our defense is shaking in their pants.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#4 : August 12, 2010, 03:11:18 PM

He's saying **CENSORED** about the Bucs while he is on the team? Just cut this worthless turd already.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 12, 2010, 03:25:39 PM

oh, so THAT'S what he's saving his best for, to "take it out on" the team that has paid him more than $20 million in return for one good season

zepkin

Second String

#6 : August 12, 2010, 03:34:11 PM

Sounds like he has given up on making the team this year ... Adios!

Get off the Poopdeck!

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 12, 2010, 03:35:28 PM

Oh no! I'm scared now!

white dragon

Practice Squad

#8 : August 12, 2010, 03:37:33 PM

That check has been cashed!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : August 12, 2010, 03:40:21 PM

Screw you MC80... Can't wait for you to be done from this team and probably out of the league soon thereafter.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 12, 2010, 03:42:01 PM

He's saying crap about the Bucs while he is on the team? Just cut this worthless turd already.
Why are you surprised? He couldn't even wait until the seat was cold in Gruden's office before he ripped him after Glazers fired Gruden.
So long and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm sure the defense will take their chances lining up against Clayton.  

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 12, 2010, 03:42:19 PM

"But I wouldn't be disappointed if it went the other way. I would let the chips fall and I'd just have to do my best to take it out on the Bucs every single time I got the chance to play against them."

*yawn*

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 12, 2010, 03:54:24 PM

It would be sweet if he was the opposing teams #1 WR every week. Never have to worry about giving anything up in the passing game.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 12, 2010, 04:05:23 PM

Gaines Adams (RIP) is still doing more for this team than this turd-bucket is.

Anyone here think he would garner a 2nd?..even a 3rd? Didn't think so...

And furthermore, how is he going to "take it out on the Bucs" when he wouldn't be able to find a job in the NFL? No one would want him for even 1/4th of the check he's getting now.

If he thinks it's sad here right now for him, try waiting in the depths of the CFL. I almost would welcome anything bad that could befall him. He's in the classification of players who got paid, but never produced squat. Only to pay juuust good enough to stay on the team and collect a check. ....It's just pathetic how bad he wants to win.  ::)

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 12, 2010, 04:23:32 PM

I thought him sucking was Gruden's fault?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton plans to "take it out on the Bucs" if cut. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools